Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

This is why 06 topics never die, because there's always one of those guys who says we are tools/bandwagoners for hating a shitty game.

• Thumbs Up 7

If you didn't like the game then I respect that opinion 100%, But it seems a lot of people only say they hate the game because they dont want to be pushed out of the crowd and frowned upon.

Assumptions... meh.

Bro, I don't hate the game due to some weird desire on my part for "bro points;" I hate it because it's a genuinely bad game. Just as one shouldn't assume that those who actually like the game are all examples of Fan Dumb, one shouldn't assume that those who hate it are all examples of Hate Dumb, especially when they're actually justified in their dislike for it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think that as Sonic is nearly a human philosophically speaking, Elise kissing him doesn't seem so wr *gets shot by everybody*

Now seriously, I liked the ending (the final one that happens in the end, not the kiss part for godsake).

It would be a great plot haven't I witnessed all the crap that happens in between.

It also features my favourite 3D model of Sonic by a mile, he looks so right there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does everyone call Elise's crush on Sonic bestiality?

Sonic is fully sapient. He has the mind of a human being. He's self-aware enough to consent to a relationship with a human and if anthropomorphic animals like him exist in that world, there are probably completely different standards for what is an isn't acceptable.

Don't get me wrong, their whole romance subplot was cheesy, contrived and stupid, but I don't get the "Eww, bestiality!" reaction it always gets.

Edited by AXB
  • Thumbs Up 2

The extreme physical differences and the total lack of redeeming qualities to their relationship makes the whole thing weird and kind of creepy, so people grab a label that is tangentially related and also weird and creepy, even if it's not entirely accurate.

• Thumbs Up 7

Why does everyone call Elise's crush on Sonic bestiality?

Sonic is fully sapient. He has the mind of the human being. He's self-aware enough to consent to a relationship with a human and if anthropomorphic animals like him exist in that world, there are probably completely different standards for what is an isn't acceptable.

Don't get me wrong, their whole romance subplot was cheesy, contrived and stupid, but I don't get the "Eww, bestiality!" reaction it always gets.

Dude, I'm the kind of person who honestly doesn't give half a rats ass so long as the characters are sentient. And while it goes without saying that "beastiality" is the wrong term to call the scene, it should be noted that there is a dissonance in terms of the designs that Sonic and Elise had. Elise was very realistic looking, Sonic was very cartoony looking; not exactly easy to pair these two differing aesthetics together without some very quality writing, but since that isn't what we got people look it in a bad light and now it's become a (rather overused) butt of a joke against the series.

Unfortunately, people throw out "beastiality" because it's an easy way to criticize the scene in as few words as possible despite not even bothering to know what the word means. It's the same reason people will call a character who angsty and grumpy if his sister figure was killed in front of him an "emo", a male character with androgynous facial features as a "faggot" or "gay", or any character getting attention that they just plain don't like a "Mary Sue/Gary Stu" without actually going into detail (and sometimes even then).

As Dr.Crusher has said at least twice here, had Elise been more cartoony, it's less likely people would throw that term around as much. It's a thing called the "Uncanny Valley" and Elise was square in the middle of it in terms of her design.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I hate this game.

I really do.

If it wasn't Sonic's death, horrible story (Fan Fiction), and of course; the infamous kiss, it was the loading screens, terrible hub worlds, sidequests/ side missions, horribly constructed alternate character gameplay, and the glitches.

The soundtrack was good for the most part (Some... tracks)

But this game.

Stay away from it.

I'd like to say this now, I really liked 06, and I don't jump on the "06 Is the worst Sonic Game ever" bandwagon just because everyone else does.

You know, to an extent I agree with you. There are a lot of people out there who have never touched the game, and only hate on it because that's what they think people want to hear, but there are also a ton of people - a ton - who truly hate the game.

Also, in general, if I were you, I'd try to avoid defending Sonic '06 in the future. Even if you love the hell out of the game (I rather like it myself); it's just not worth it. You're not going to change anyone's opinion at this point, and you'll just end up starting conflits. Honestly, all the fighting over the game gets very tiring, very quickly. I wouldn't mind posts defending it, if they didn't stir up so much trouble. (Though, to be fair, at least at the moment things seem to be pretty friendly. So, props to all of you out there who are keeping things civil.)

I don't want to sound negative or anything... But yeah, actually, this is pretty negative of me. rolleyes.gif

I don't know, I guess in the end my advice - or therefore lack of - is just to let it go. People are always gonna hate the game. Debates can be fun, natch, but don't think you'll change anyone's mind; you probably won't.

Sorry to be such a bummer. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, to an extent I agree with you. There are a lot of people out there who have never touched the game, and only hate on it because that's what they think people want to hear, but there are also a ton of people - a ton - who truly hate the game.

Also, in general, if I were you, I'd try to avoid defending Sonic '06 in the future. Even if you love the hell out of the game (I rather like it myself); it's just not worth it. You're not going to change anyone's opinion at this point, and you'll just end up starting conflits. Honestly, all the fighting over the game gets very tiring, very quickly. I wouldn't mind posts defending it, if they didn't stir up so much trouble. (Though, to be fair, at least at the moment things seem to be pretty friendly. So, props to all of you out there who are keeping things civil.)

I don't want to sound negative or anything... But yeah, actually, this is pretty negative of me. rolleyes.gif

I don't know, I guess in the end my advice - or therefore lack of - is just to let it go. People are always gonna hate the game. Debates can be fun, natch, but don't think you'll change anyone's mind; you probably won't.

Sorry to be such a bummer. tongue.png

What people like you don't seem to understand is WHY the game is hated to begin with. God, we've spent hours upon hours detailing why this game blows, yet for some reason nobody can't fucking understand why this game gets the wrap it gets? I'm going to say this as clear as possible: 06 is a terrible game, it is poorly designed, no thought whatsoever, it is poorly programmed, the storyline blows. I don't care how much anyone liked it, I don't care if people want to overlook these problems and act as if they're not there, the bottom line is: This. game. SUCKS. So stop playing the victim and act like we're so wrong and terrible for hating it when we have every right and damn good reasons to.

• Thumbs Up 4

Somebody needs to make "The Sonic 06 Cycle" because seriously, this thread (and every other 06 thread for that matter) just goes round in circles.

• Thumbs Up 7

Lets just say I agree with Hogfather's point that If Sonic had to die he should have gone fighting, instead of Sonic being distracted by a shiny thing and stabbed in the back with.. what ever the hell that was.

I was just pondering this A lot of people criticise the line "sounds like beign a princess sin't easy." in particular, I don't really get why it's stands out, it's badly acted but so is everything else, forgive me if it's bleeding obvious.

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd have a fairly neutral opinion on 06 despite all the crap, were it not for the fact it's so god damned GLITCHY. I was just robbed of an S rank in End of the World because Shadow going through a rainbow hoop at the last moment didn't register properly and I fell to my death. In the same run, Amy somehow ended up being in her standard T pose, stuck for like 3 full seconds.

Opinions on stuff like gameplay styles, movesets, and story aside, the amount of glitches encountered in normal play alone is disgusting. It's like every time I almost begin to enjoy the game, something stupid happens, even if it's something I know is coming because I can't accurately get around it because I don't feel in full control of my character.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's like every time I almost begin to enjoy the game, something stupid happens, even if it's something I know is coming because I can't accurately get around it because I don't feel in full control of my character.

There are some really nice sections like in levels such as Wave Ocean, Crisis City, Radical Train and Kindom Valley which I really enjoyed playing. Then the gameplay goes and screws you over with stupid sections like the running segments. I just lose endless extra lives.

If SEGA had spend six more months making improvements prior to release then this game could have been so much better. There was clearly potential with this game. Such a shame.

Edited by NightwingFox

I'm still doing Silver and Shadow's stories. The glitches and loose controls can get in the way, though. Now mind you, I never quite anticipated this game like many fans. I was taking a break from the fandom at the time, but I later bought the game. The game didn't seem that bad to me. I had seen the cutscenes, and I wasn't too bothered, but I was unaware of the glitchy and at times sloppy gameplay(particuliarly when doing the mach speed sections in Sonic's story.)

As for the story aspects, the plot holes made the plot/story less clear at times. Sonic was somewhat of a side character in this game, constantly rescusing Elise from Eggman while being somewhat out of the loophole concerning Iblis/Memphiles. And then, Sonic's death scene wasn't too good. It was somewhat anti-climatic. What bothered me most about it was the way he died.

Edited by colorfulzones104

I honestly love playing levels in Sonic Generations with His World playing in the background. I like some of the other music too, including Silver's theme Dreams of an Absolution and the Egg Cerebus theme.

Edited by colorfulzones104

I still think this game has one of the best soundtracks in the entire series.

The remixes of His World, the orchestral All Hail Shadow and some of the other cutscene music including the very last scene, Egg Wyvern, all the Mephiles music, Crisis City (though that's bested by the Modern version in Generations imo), Aquatic Base, Kingdom Valley, End of the World, Wave Ocean, Flame Core, Radical Train, White Acropolis... yeah I completely agree.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think his world is terrible, like I can't imagine someone listening to it with a straight face.

I enjoy it well enough. Though I enjoy Dreams of an Absolution, My Destiny, and All Hail Shadow far more.