Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Honestly the one thing that I hate about this game is Sonic's mach speed stages. Fuck that shit and burn it with FIRE. I can deal with the mess ups on the playthrus, I can .... EVEN deal ( not enjoy cause FUCK THAT PUZZLE ) with Silver's little or rather large ball .. I even over looked the odd animations everyone had. But those mach speed zones..... I can't deal with those controls and horrible mechs of those stages... I simply can not deal. I don't know how to handle them. My mind BLEEDS when I play them. And yes... I beat the game... doesn't change my opinion on those things.

I think his world is terrible, like I can't imagine someone listening to it with a straight face.

I disagree with you:

This world is a good track.

EDIT: Crush 40 version of this world is below:

I think I like Crush 40's version more.

Edited by NightwingFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think his world is terrible, like I can't imagine someone listening to it with a straight face.

Agreed. The Crush 40 cover is alright, but the main version is awful. Couldn't even sing.

The instrumental versions of His World were alright, but the vocals... ugh, to say that they were (and still are) bleh would be quite an understatement.

Eh, they're alright.

Then again, based on my musical library, I'm not all too picky with my tunes. :P

All four versions of His World are alright in my book as well.

It's just not really the song that defines Sonic or his personality for me. Endless Possibilities and It Doesn't Matter fit the bill more nicely in that regard.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Somebody needs to make "The Sonic 06 Cycle" because seriously, this thread (and every other 06 thread for that matter) just goes round in circles.

I posted this a couple pages back, if it counts:

Every time we close up shop, some new guy seeps in through the floorboards to say "okay guys it's not that bad."

And every time we're like "yes it is, here's why."

And then another guy materializes and is like "haha but no seriously guys it wasn't that bad."

Honestly, forget about Sonic 4. This crap is a horrific Sonic Cycle.

• Thumbs Up 5

All four versions of His World are alright in my book as well.

It's just not really the song that defines Sonic or his personality for me. Endless Possibilities and It Doesn't Matter fit the bill more nicely in that regard.

I agree. I like His World, but It Doesn't Matter is my favorite theme for Sonic.

Edited by colorfulzones104

Yes, while I love the 2006 soundtrack, I could never really get into His World. Which is only worsened when so many Sonic-related videos on YouTube insist on overusing it as much as Live & Learn.

I'm more an Endless Possibilities person, but I like It Doesn't Matter (both versions) as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Great

Mother

Fucking

CLEMENT

Wow, that was histerical biggrin.png. The reviewer makes great points though, but sence 06 has been discuessed thousands of times already theres no point of any more complaining. I wonder what Sonic Team was thinking when making this.......

Poor Clement. He's gonna do himself a blunder doing this.

Love the review, though. I can totally see where he is coming from - this game took a character a 7 year old me grew to love and smushed it down the toilet. Makes me very sad. :'(

• Thumbs Up 1

That Clement guy is at least 3 (if not 5) years late. Nothing new. Some points are valid, some are hypocritical. And bashing that game to death like a dead horse got old long time ago. It's not funny anymore and that's not only because I like a lot of things about the game. I enjoyed some of hie reviews like Heroes, but this one is not entertaining at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't. I love the enemy design in the game. It is one of my fav designs in the series along with Sa, Sa2 and Zero Gravity (though there was basically only one robot there).

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how pkstarstorm1up would react if he saw this topic.

He'd probably rage and rant for hours, in which the rant tells us nothing.

All of his ranting would be controversial, and nonsensical to say the least.

Ah yes, the Sonic 06 Robots. How I loathe them so. I rank the Badniks, the Egg Pawns, the MeteorTech droids, the Egg Fighters, and even the SWATBots from SatAM over these piles of scrap. It doesn't help that they look more like G.U.N. robots than Eggman robots, and since (Commander/Truck aside) I never really liked G.U.N...

Curse you, concept of realism, and everything you devour with your hideous, realistically-textured maw.

And bashing that game to death like a dead horse got old long time ago. It's not funny anymore and that's not only because I like a lot of things about the game.

Well that's not going to sound suspicious in any way.

I agree with the view that putting Sonic 06 in the grave where it belongs is far better than never living it down... if it's in any other situation. But in the case of an actual Let's Play/review such as this... I'd say it's fair game.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

That Clement guy is at least 3 (if not 5) years late. Nothing new. Some points are valid, some are hypocritical. And bashing that game to death like a dead horse got old long time ago. It's not funny anymore and that's not only because I like a lot of things about the game. I enjoyed some of hie reviews like Heroes, but this one is not entertaining at all.

He's reviewing it, meaning ya know.....he kinda has to say how bad it is.