Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Like...?

Come on! I don't want to watch the whole damn thing again! But I remember some: he criticised the spindash (TEH SIGNATURE CLAZZIC MOVE) and yet there are no spindash in either Unleashed or Colors (and Generations if you don't count classic Sonic). Speaking of Generations.. He said the spindash was very different and uncontrollable but it is very different in Generations as well! Then he hated that Sonic was falling when running into a wall. Well I'll be damned if he didn't do the exact same thing in Unleashed! There were some more hypocritical things. I don't (and I don't have to) remember them all. Go watch the vid and you will see.

He's reviewing it, meaning ya know.....he kinda has to say how bad it is.

What I was getting at, the game does NOT to be reviewd like that again. Been there, done that a thousand times and still every time I see someone post a link to a bashful review like this one a bunch of likes appear. It's like people LIKE to hear the same shit again and again. SONIC 06 SUCKS, SONIC 06 IS TEH MOST AWFUL GAEM EVAH (even though it's clearly a HUGE exaggeration and bullshit) etc, etc, etc. It's rediculous and it's a shamefully cheap way of gaining popularity.

Edited by ArtFenix

Well, Clement said he would look at every Sonic game in the series so him getting to 06 was eventually going to happen. And I don't see how he's only doing this to be more popular or that 'it's cool to hate 06' bandwagon when it's what his fans/subscribers have wanted to see for a while.

• Thumbs Up 6

it's a shamefully cheap way of gaining popularity.

Cheap? He's been working on this for MONTHS. There's a video saying he's spent a hell of a lot of time on it, so it's far from just some cheap hack.

Also comparing Generations to 06 spindash is silly. Generations's at least works consistently even though it's overpowered. Half the time 06's just either doesn't work, you start running normally instantly ANYWAY, or it just pushes you along really really slowly. It doesn't even allow spindash jumping, which works in every other Sonic game ever, including even Shadow of all things.

Come on! I don't want to watch the whole damn thing again! But I remember some: he criticised the spindash (TEH SIGNATURE CLAZZIC MOVE)
Because it's poorly implemented, which it is.

and yet there are no spindash in either Unleashed or Colors (and Generations if you don't count classic Sonic).
I haven't watched his other videos so I can't comment on what he's said about other games, but regardless, that the spindash doesn't exist in other games does not make it alright for '06's spindash to be an awkward and unfun mess. And the way the modern games are designed, they don't really need to have the spindash; the boost pretty much replaces everything it offered, so it's not automatically a problem that it doesn't have it. '06 doesn't have the boost (at least not without that one gem), and the spindash was supposed to be your go-to speed boosting move. The fact that it's really bad has a pretty significant impact on the gameplay.

Speaking of Generations.. He said the spindash was very different and uncontrollable but it is very different in Generations as well!
Being different in itself is not the complaint. The main problems he has with '06's spindash are that it's awkward to activate (personally I disagree with him that it's a bad thing that you have to come to a stop to use it, but whatever) and that you can't jump out of it. Neither of those things are true about Generations Classic's spindash.

Then he hated that Sonic was falling when running into a wall. Well I'll be damned if he didn't do the exact same thing in Unleashed!
Again, haven't watched his other videos, but has he ever said it's not a problem in those games? Maybe he doesn't like it there, either.

There were some more hypocritical things. I don't (and I don't have to) remember them all. Go watch the vid and you will see.
If you're not going to point out what you have a problem with, I can freely dismiss your vague complaint. It's not my job to make your argument for you.
  • Thumbs Up 6

Clemet is finished with the classic Sonic games and now he's doing all the modern games in order. Sonic 06 is the only game he refuse to play cause he hates it so much and don't want to play it again. So instead of doing a Let's Play of it, he's doing a review listing all the problems, why he hates it so much and why he thinks it's a huge disappointment so people can stop bugging him about it.

His reasons for only doing an LP starts 11:35 in the video

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 3

Clemet is finished with the classic Sonic games and now he's doing all the modern games in order. Sonic 06 is the only game he refuse to play cause he hates it so much and don't want to play it again. So instead of doing a Let's Play of it, he's doing a review listing all the problems, why he hates it so much and why he thinks it's a huge disappointment so people can stop bugging him about it.

His reasons for only doing an LP starts 11:35 in the video

Well, it's better than seeing a poor soul play the bastardization of the Sonic franchise.

Two words to describe it: REJECT IDEA!!

What I was getting at, the game does NOT to be reviewd like that again.

The game is bad, so why not?

Been there, done that a thousand times and still every time I see someone post a link to a bashful review like this one a bunch of likes appear.

I know right, how dare everyone agree that the bad game is bad, surely we are terrible people.

It's like people LIKE to hear the same shit again and again.

No, you just hate seeing something you love get trashed, and it's so painfully obvious that you can hardly hide it.

SONIC 06 SUCKS, SONIC 06 IS TEH MOST AWFUL GAEM EVAH (even though it's clearly a HUGE exaggeration and bullshit)

No it's not, and it's been said a million times why this game is terrible, and frankly, I'm tired of saying it.

. It's rediculous and it's a shamefully cheap way of gaining popularity.

Maybe if you actually bothered to look at Clement's channel, you'd know he didn't want to do this and only did so because his fans asked him, and not doing it to "get cheap popularity" You really need to stop getting so butthurt whenever somebody hates something you like, it makes you like an immature brat.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge
  • Thumbs Up 7

And I don't see how he's only doing this to be more popular or that 'it's cool to hate 06' bandwagon when it's what his fans/subscribers have wanted to see for a while.
Alright but I do see that the so-called "review" was made solely for the purpose of bashing the game and beating the dead horse. Basically he did what the fans asked him to do. I don't think that is a good review. It's extremely exaggerated and over-the-top. More than it should be.

Because it's poorly implemented, which it is.

It doesn't change anything. Going by that logic, since he complained about inability to damage enemies with jumping on them (read: this again classic ability doesn't exist) it should be the same about inability to spindash in modurn games. As you said:

And the way the modern games are designed, they don't really need to have the spindash

I can say the same: the way S06 is designed, it doesn't need jump attack (and I do think homing attack works just fine if your eyesight is good and your hands are straight)

(personally I disagree with him that it's a bad thing that you have to come to a stop to use it, but whatever) and that you can't jump out of it

Haha exactly! That's another of hypicritical things. You couldn't make a spindash while moving in classic games. Why is there such a big complaint about it?

Neither of those things are true about Generations Classic's spindash.

At least in S06 the spindash is not gamebreaking (if you don't fall to your death while performing it, that is)

Personally I don't think that you even NEED to use spindash in SNG just as you don't need to use that slide attack in Generations so I don't see what's the big deal about it.

Again, haven't watched his other videos, but has he ever said it's not a problem in those games? Maybe he doesn't like it there, either.
I don't remember him even talking about those things let alone complaining about them.

If you're not going to point out what you have a problem with, I can freely dismiss your vague complaint. It's not my job to make your argument for you.
I said what I saw and heard. It's not my duty to re-watch 40-min boring videos just to find a couple of things to make a better example. I didn't ask you to go into such an argument with me so..

No, you just hate seeing something you love get trashed, and it's so painfully obvious that you can hardly hide it.
You do the same you know.. Just vice versa.

No it's not, and it's been said a million times why this game is terrible, and frankly, I'm tired of saying it.
Yes it is and I am tired to say that as well. Calling this game the worst game of all time and comparing it to ET SURE is a hell of a exaggeration.

To some extent. While I agree that the game is by no means perfect, I'm fucking tired of seeing these so-called "reviews" which pretty much only bash the game just for the sake of it despite the fact that it's been done a hundred of times already. And I hate it that this topic is supposed to exist to discuss the game but all I keep seeing is one or another smartass bumping it just to let the world know how shitty the game is.

You really need to stop getting so butthurt whenever somebody hates something you like, it makes you like an immature brat.
Read the sentence above. Anyway, why should I keep my mouth shut? You hate when I try to defend the game after seeing these "reviews"? Well I hate that you keep taking piss on the game when there is no more reason for that. Don't you think it's you who looks like immature brat because you let one guy do his thing and try to prevent the other guy for doing the opposite because his opinion and taste is different from the first one and from yours? Edited by ArtFenix

Artfenix, are you going to bitch like this every time somebody says something bad about this game, I mean god man, the game has been out for six years, and it's generally agreed to be terrible, get over it. It's a bad game, end of story, and complaining about the complaints isn't going to change our minds.

• Thumbs Up 7

Artfenix, are you going to bitch like this every time somebody says something bad about this game, I mean god man, the game has been out for six years, and it's generally agreed to be terrible, get over it. It's a bad game, end of story, and complaining about the complaints isn't going to change our minds.

My main problem is that these videos constantly get a lot of likes without seeing the obvious: the "review" was made JUST for the sake of bashing and taking shit on the game. And YES. The game has been out for six years and still I have to deal with these excuses of reviews. I saw some decent reviews of S06 where people disliked the game and gave it low score. This however is just circus.

My main problem is that these videos constantly get a lot of likes without seeing the obvious: the "review" was made JUST for the sake of bashing and taking shit on the game.

Because the game is shit and even if you like the design choices, unacceptable in it's presentation with glitches out of the ass? Overdone or not these things are undeniable.

• Thumbs Up 1

My main problem is that these videos constantly get a lot of likes without seeing the obvious: the "review" was made JUST for the sake of bashing and taking shit on the game

Because the game is fucking terrible, and he hates it, so you're telling me he has no right to hate on a game he does not like, are you serious?

The game has been out for six years and still I have to deal with these excuses of reviews.

Here's an idea, how about you: GET. OVER. IT. It's a review, are you going to lose sleep because somebody yet again hated on this game? Yes, it's overdone, but complaining about it isn't going to change anything, so what's the flipping point.

You do the same you know.. Just vice versa.

Unless I find the opposition's reasoning to be flawed, then I honestly don't care who hates what. Meanwhile we've made extensive essays on why this game is bad, with experience to back it up. Despite this, you STILL insist this game is "not bad", and go into a hissy fit whenever someone tries to prove you wrong.

Yes it is and I am tired to say that as well. Calling this game the worst game of all time and comparing it to ET SURE is a hell of a exaggeration.

Considering Clement is like 25, and has probably played ET, then I'm pretty sure that comparison holds up.

To some extent. While I agree that the game is by no means perfect, I'm fucking tired of seeing these so-called "reviews" which pretty much only bash the game just for the sake of it despite the fact that it's been done a hundred of times already.

Except he has played the game, and is not just "bashing it for the sake of bashing it" and truly hates the game, as he should.

And I hate it that this topic is supposed to exist to discuss the game but all I keep seeing is one or another smartass bumping it just to let the world know how shitty the game is.

You realize the only person causing a stirr in this topic right now is you, I doubt anybody would have even cared had you not said anything

You hate when I try to defend the game after seeing these "reviews"?

No, I hate you complain about how everyone hates this game, and act like it's underrated, when it's not. That, and you do a really terrible job at defending it.

Well I hate that you keep taking piss on the game when there is no more reason for that

So I should just never talk about the game again, and act like it doesn't exist.

Don't you think it's you who looks like immature brat because you let one guy do his thing and try to prevent the other guy for doing the opposite because his opinion and taste is different from the first one and from yours?

I don't see anyone else complaining about this game to the extent that you're defending it, so no. And at the very least, when people hate this game, there's at least a reason for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I for one think Clement's LPs are really great - he puts a lot of love and effort in to them, he makes them interesting and informative and even explains things to "non-Sonic fans". He originally wasn't going to do a Sonic '06 LP because he already covered it with Brain Scratch Comms... I reckon the fact that he is even bothering to do this, the One Game he hates above all, shows he really gives a shit about what his fans want to see. (OK so his Eggman plushy called him a pussy as well... XD). This is afterall, supposed to really dig into why he hates the game so much. It will answer any gripes or questions anyone can think to ask him ever again. It's almost a running joke by now, like Knuckles yelling shut up after his intelligence is questioned... :B

Awww, I'm a Great Clement fan, so I may be biased... but I reckon this review series is gonna be great. :D

• Thumbs Up 5

..just as there are a lot of reasons for me to like the game. It's called opinion and it's like a coin: there are always two sides to it. I didn't say the game is objectively good now did I? It can be bad overall but there can be a lot of things that can appeal to me, no?

I'll omit everything else except one thing: go back to my first response after the video and say that again, that it was I who made this into an argument...

(...when I SIMPLY disagreed with those who liked the review and when I SIMPLY disliked the video itself. You just HAD to start this crap and make it look like I started everything. I did not. Period. With this, I better not post in this topic, but you should consider renaiming it because all I see is guys taking shit on the game one after another without well...DISCUSSING different sides of it. It's been a while since you actually discussed anything in this topic. Think about it.)

..just as there are a lot of reasons for me to like the game. It's called opinion and it's like a coin: there are always two sides to it. I didn't say the game is objectively good now did I? It can be bad overall but there can be a lot of things that can appeal to me, no?

I'll omit everything else except one thing: go back to my first response after the video and say that again, that it was I who made this into an argument...

(...when I SIMPLY disagreed with those who liked the review and when I SIMPLY disliked the video itself. You just HAD to start this crap and make it look like I started everything. I did not. Period. With this, I better not post in this topic, but you should consider renaiming it because all I see is guys taking shit on the game one after another without well...DISCUSSING different sides of it. It's been a while since you actually discussed anything in this topic. Think about it.)

You don't simply ask for respect of an opinion. You have to EARN it.

If I were to pick out the one point where this turned into an argument, it'd be this post, where you started throwing out misspelled capslocks mockery, made only a token attempt to back up your accusations of hypocrisy, and ranted about people reviewing the game the wrong way (that is, different from how you would).

It's been a while since you actually discussed anything in this topic. Think about it.
Maybe it's because it's an old game that the vast majority has agreed is crap in pretty much every aspect. This topic exists to contain all the shit-talk about '06, because without it there will always be someone running up to say "oh it's not that bad" and we'll have to have the same arguments again.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006...

Maybe I *did* post this in the Sonic 4 thread but it's still suitable

tongue.png

Edited by The Knuxter!

Seriously, ArtFenix, every time someone types a post coherently and rationally explaining why they disagree with you or find fault with something you've said, it goes in one ear (or eye, what with it being through text and all) and straight out the other. If you want your opinions respected, you really can't be so closed-minded; actually THINK about what other people have to say.

It would also probably help for you to explain why you disagree with the general consensus; aside from the so-called "hypocritical" criticisms that have already been discussed, how would you rebut some other notable criticisms in that video, or, since you're unwilling to watch it again, popular criticisms toward the game in general? And if you don't have a valid rebuttal, then what about the game is so appealing to you in spite of the major flaws?

• Thumbs Up 4

06 doesn't have the boost (at least not without that one gem), and the spindash was supposed to be your go-to speed boosting move. The fact that it's really bad has a pretty significant impact on the gameplay.
I wouldn't go that far - the game is typically structured in such a way that the majority of the flow depends on the homing attack anyway. Outside of hub stages there really isn't a lot of places where a HA target isn't within convenient reach - either in the form of enemies that typically do little more than masquerade as targets masquerading as stepping stones, or some other gimmick of the level that can be homed in on, specifically springs, rails, item monitors and such. As such, the need to boost your own speed on the fly rarely exists. I can concede that the spindash was basically useless and contributed nothing to the game's core mechanics, but I wouldn't say it damaged them any more than that silly sweeping kick that was supposed to be a melee attack did. You have the Homing Attack, and by proxy the level design, to blame more for that.

Not to say that it's impossible to find something to defend in Sonic 06, but considering the glitches and the slow footspeed alone (slower in comparison to the Adventures of all things) I find it hard to understand how anyone can actually defend the game as a whole.

And don't get me started on those fucking Mach stages.

While Sonic 06 has very few positives, the game is a mess. For around 10-15 bucks, it's not a half bad game to mess around in. Gliches can cause alot of fun (floting breakdancing box biggrin.png) and the game has some honist great moments (Kingdom Valleys mach speed section) but as a full retal game it is inequsible for it to be relaesed in its curent from. YOU DONT SELL A 79% COMPLETED GAME! You finish the dam thing before relasing it and it is just shamefull on Sonic Team. We moved on from the game and for the past 5 or so years we have receved much better games like Generations and Colors. While its best to just ignore the games falts and just have fun, you cant call the game ligimently good as there is too many issues to overlook.

Edited by RK64

I personally couldn't call it the worst game in the world because even though it is objectively terrible in multiple ways, there's far too much entertainment value in all the narm and laughably poor design for me to truly hate it.