Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

The back and forth was actually dead long before you made it a note to bring it up again. :X

I needed to know if the minefield was safe :P

• Thumbs Up 1

What about it?  It's not really a remarkable track.  

quoting a super old post? :P

And generally the song is seen a a really good piece of music. I'd say its the best out of the orchestrated main theme pieces.

• Thumbs Up 1

So basically you're saying you didn't care for the Adventure Field in Sonic Unleashed?

(If so) I didn't really care for them myself. I think Sonic went too slow, and I felt like sometimes the only way I could get around a little quicker was to constantly spamming the homing attack move. Now, if you had more of a Sonic '06 (as in size) adventure field, and made Sonic faster, then you'd be getting somewhere.

I enjoyed Unleashed's Adventure fields, and also appreciated that for the most part they were optional; once you had found your way into the Gaia Gate it was easy to access stages from the actual map.

Sonic 06's Adventure stages just made me groan. For one they are not only fairly large, but they make it very difficult to know where the heck you are going: if you don't memorise that map in the loading screen, God help you, because otherwise it's trial and error trying to remember where all the entrances and exits are in an atrociously-built overworld. Then on top of that you have quite a few required tasks to satisfy in them... and due to the fact you'll sit through about four loading screens each time you try a mission, god help you twice if you die while trying to complete one of the missions.

Let's not even mention that trollish mission where the Captain is the same guy who denies he's the Captain.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 06 was awesome! The last main game before he became a selfish glory-hunter.

Ah, you're gunning for the early-morning crowd who weren't on when you egged on the forumites through half a dozen pages last night.

Very clever. Now let's see what happens when I press that Report button over there.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic 06 was awesome! The last main game before he became a selfish glory-hunter.

Who? What? When? Where? Why? and How? In what way is Sonic a "glory hunter" If you're gonna argue something(stupid) then you can at least elaborate.

• Thumbs Up 3

Seriously though...

...was there ever any point in switching to Amy in Silver's desert level? I'm pretty sure Silver would've managed that whole section just fine even without her momentum-killing double jump.

Okay, I have to ask;

What is the point of Amy's invisibility skill?

Its point is to let you sneak past enemies that you would otherwise have to engage with your sole, extremely range-limited hammer attack.

Sonic the hedgehog 2006 could have been an ok title.if sega was not rushed or if they wanted it to be released for the 15th annaversery. The only problem I find with the game are

1) the plot

2)character models( seriously they look awkward)

Wow, there's a lot of negativity coming from this topic. 

The thing is, it's a Sonic game. In most people's eyes, it's the worst game ever. 

But by people who liked the game, it's not that bad. 

I like Sonic '06, big deal?

Shouldn't be loads of people bashing on it at once. 

I can understand that lots of people don't like the game. But you don't have to completely destroy someone else's opinion just because they like it, with lots of other problems about the game.

When you're hateful and rude about someone else's opinions, it would make them not want to post here as much.

Like me, I don't even talk that much here anymore because there's so many hateful people who just keep rambling on about the game's many many glitches. 

I'm pretty sure people who like the game know it's full of glitches and bugs.

Some people here actually want to talk about Sonic '06 for the reasons they like it. The main purpose of this topic isn't to bash on Sonic '06. 

I'm not trying to sound like I'm fussing, I'm just making a statement here. 

However, I did see someone ask about the Wave Ocean part where you chase down Eggman's ship, why would you chase after it if you don't even catch it?

Does it matter? Don't like it, don't play it. It's that simple, my friends.

However, that's probably one of my favorite parts of the game, if not already my favorite part.

• Thumbs Up 1

You would think that a topic concerning what is considered to be the worst Sonic game ever (and one of the worse games in general) would be a bit more lighthearted and positive.

You would think that a topic concerning what is considered to be the worst Sonic game ever (and one of the worse games in general) would be a bit more lighthearted and positive.

I would hope so, or at least people being a little nicer about things.

Dude, with all due respect, don't resort to "Don't Like, Don't <X>". It's not gonna make your argument look good.

• Thumbs Up 8

I don't care if you like Sonic 06 and it's one of your favorite Sonic games ever. I just have a pet peeve when people who defends the game can't defend it on it's own merits and goes on bashing and attacking other Sonic games to try to make Sonic 06 look superior.

• Thumbs Up 1

goes on bashing and attacking other Sonic games to try to make Sonic 06 look superior.

Who does that?

Okay, I have to ask;

What is the point of Amy's invisibility skill?

I seriously wonder if they wanted to throw Espio in there as well. And then replaced him with Amy (but kept the invisibility).

• Thumbs Up 1

SHOCKING!!!!

Shouldn't be loads of people bashing on it at once.

Why not? A lot of us paid $60 for a game that turned out to be an awful awful piece of absolute garbage that never deserved seeing the light of day. We have every reason to be angry and every reason to bash the game into oblivion, because we don't, under any circumstances want to have to experience the gut-wrenchingly awful feeling of having paid hard earned cash on a worthless turd....and more than just that, we don't want to experience a franchise we have so much love for, and have so much invested in, punch us in the face.

I don't give a rats ass if you liked it. Just as it is your prerogative to like the game, it is ours to hate it. If you can talk about what you liked about and why you liked it, then we can discuss what we hated and why we hated it. Its as simple as that. Don't want to hear negative things about the game, then don't talk about it at all. If you start yapping about what you like, somebody will turn up and question why, and state reasons for why you shouldn't. Part and parcel of discussion I'm afraid. People do it to stuff I like, I don't get mad at them and start telling them to stop hating.

I can understand that lots of people don't like the game. But you don't have to completely destroy someone else's opinion just because they like it, with lots of other problems about the game.

When you're hateful and rude about someone else's opinions, it would make them not want to post here as much.

What's the point of any discussion ever, if we're not allowed to challenge your opinions because we "might hurt your feelings". We don't like it, and frankly we don't see how others would. So its only natural we call into question the reasons why people do like it.

Like me, I don't even talk that much here anymore because there's so many hateful people who just keep rambling on about the game's many many glitches. 

I'm pretty sure people who like the game know it's full of glitches and bugs.

Glitches, my friend, are far from the biggest problems in this game. There are many problems in this game's core, glitches are but a scratch on the surface of a very large pile of shite.

Some people here actually want to talk about Sonic '06 for the reasons they like it. The main purpose of this topic isn't to bash on Sonic '06.

The main purpose of the thread is to discuss Sonic 06. Discussion can include criticism and appreciation. It just so happens that there are many more who want to criticise the game, than there are people who want to talk about the good things.

OK, here, I've got something good to say about 06. It has a nice soundtrack. Not everyone loves it, but I've not heard many people say its outright bad.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm fussing, I'm just making a statement here

A statement about what exactly? That you don't like the fact that people dislike this game and are talking about why they don't like this game? They have as much right to complain about the game, as you have to like the game.....

However, I did see someone ask about the Wave Ocean part where you chase down Eggman's ship, why would you chase after it if you don't even catch it?

Because standing still won't help either. Even if you couldn't keep up, it would be better to continue pursuing, rather than stopping going "Oh well" and then doing something fucking stupid like turning back and going back to where you started. The Egg Carrier isn't a bus or a train, where another one will come along momentarily. The whole objective was to pursue the Egg Carrier, and the fact that you waste about 5-6 minutes pursuing it, only for the game and the plot to decide that that's enough and you have to turn back, is a slap in the face to the person playing it, because it basically means that the stage you just played literally had no function. They may as well have not had Wave Ocean at all for all the use it had in the plot.

I can quite easily invert that statement and throw it back at you.

"Does it matter? Like it? Then play it! Its that simple my friend. Don't need to worry about everyone else hating the game and challenging the strength of your opinions.

The fact of the matter is that, that part of the game is stupid. If you removed Wave Ocean from Sonic's story. Like lifted it straight out. It would have made absolutely NO difference to the state of the plot. Just means you spent 5 minutes less time playing 06.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 3

I believe I've stated earlier that I'm 100% okay with people liking this game. It's only claiming that the game is objectively good that'll get you shot down immediatelly. And just like it's not cool to bash positive opinions, it's not cool to bash negative opinions either.

The bottom line is that we're consumers, and this is a product. We are therefore fully entitled to judge absolutely everything about it as much as we like. Especially if we paid full price for it. Like me. Dumb.

• Thumbs Up 4