Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Wow, there's a lot of negativity coming from this topic. 

The thing is, it's a Sonic game. In most people's eyes, it's the worst game ever. 

But by people who liked the game, it's not that bad. 

I like Sonic '06, big deal?

Shouldn't be loads of people bashing on it at once. 

I can understand that lots of people don't like the game. But you don't have to completely destroy someone else's opinion just because they like it, with lots of other problems about the game.

When you're hateful and rude about someone else's opinions, it would make them not want to post here as much.

Like me, I don't even talk that much here anymore because there's so many hateful people who just keep rambling on about the game's many many glitches. 

I'm pretty sure people who like the game know it's full of glitches and bugs.

Some people here actually want to talk about Sonic '06 for the reasons they like it. The main purpose of this topic isn't to bash on Sonic '06. 

I'm not trying to sound like I'm fussing, I'm just making a statement here. 

However, I did see someone ask about the Wave Ocean part where you chase down Eggman's ship, why would you chase after it if you don't even catch it?

Does it matter? Don't like it, don't play it. It's that simple, my friends.

However, that's probably one of my favorite parts of the game, if not already my favorite part.

I'm one of those individuals who thinks Sonic 06 is not a bad game, but I do have a few dislikes regarding the game itself. OmegaXCL, just ignore those who think of Sonic 06 as the worst game in the Sonic the hedghog series and just express your opinion. I'm willing to talk to you about Sonic 06 and what I did like or didn't like about the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

The soundtrack is really good. Listen-to-in-my-free-time level of good. Crisis City and Egg Wyvern are my favourites. Everybody loves Solaris Phase 2. The new version of All Hail Shadow is a lot of fun, I think.

Although I feel Sonic Unleashed got modern Sonic's proportions right, I far preferred Sonic 06's redesign of Sonic compared to his bubble-head mode style in Sonic Heroes.

See? I can say positive things about Sonic 06.

• Thumbs Up 1

OmegaXCL, just ignore those who think of Sonic 06 as the worst game in the Sonic the hedghog series and just express your opinion.

Oh, yes, feel free to express your opinion of the game... just don't expect it to go unchallenged; this is a discussion board, after all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Am I think only one that thinks glitches were barely a fraction of what was wrong with thing?

I think Sonic 06's failure was more of a result of bad ideas and poor implementation than anything else.

• Thumbs Up 2

No.

No, you are not.

Far, FAR from it.

Am I think only one that thinks glitches were barely a fraction of what was wrong with thing?

No you're not, not even close. The glitches in my mind were one of the least of the issues. Even if you fixed all the glitches the game would still be a huge pile of crap.

The whole concept of the game is flawed.

Edited by SkyLlama

I think Sonic 06's failure was more of a result of bad ideas and poor implementation than anything else.

Yes sir. The whole "Sonic and Humans" thing just can't pan out and this game was a sole reason.

Yes sir. The whole "Sonic and Humans" thing just can't pan out and this game was a sole reason.

Wat?

No seriously, we talking the design of the humans or humans being in the game period?

Look, I you like 06,cool go ahead and like it. I'm honestly fine with this. It's when you try to make a scene about liking it and acting like we hate people that like it, is when this becomes annoying. Like many have said, we payed $60 for a game that we expected to function and enjoy. We can talk bad about this game while you song praises about it. Just don't expect everyone to agree with your opinion.

Wow, there's a lot of negativity coming from this topic. 

The thing is, it's a Sonic game. In most people's eyes, it's the worst game ever. 

But by people who liked the game, it's not that bad. 

I like Sonic '06, big deal?

I'm one of those individuals who thinks Sonic 06 is not a bad game, but I do have a few dislikes regarding the game itself. OmegaXCL, just ignore those who think of Sonic 06 as the worst game in the Sonic the hedghog series and just express your opinion. I'm willing to talk to you about Sonic 06 and what I did like or didn't like about the game.

*slowly looks left and right*

Why?

I don't mean this in a nasty way but... why? Why do people actually like this game? Two people said they've liked the game in less than 24 hours and the only support is to say that those who don't like it are/have a problem. Now I don't mean to single people out here because I'm sure if we all spent 5 min we could find a lot of other people who are serious when they say they like this game... only the reasons given which are 'everybody else has the problem' doesn't really help the rest of us understand why someone takes that particular stance on the game.

In fact I don't think I've ever seen this anyway. At least a genuine person talking about it, everytime anyone says 'I like the game' the next thing to be said isn't reasons as to why or a winning argument, it's normally something like this.

"I like the game, people just make a big deal about *insert a terrible part of the game here*"

I for one like things a lot of other people don't. Heavy Rain for instance, I like this game and I understand that a lot of other people do not. However, I will explain why I like it, mainly because I want people to understand my thinking and reasoning behind my stance on it as well as having a vain hope that people will see what I see in it. However... I have never seen anyone do this when they say 'I like Sonic 06 because...'

How can you expect people to come around to your thinking or even understand why you like the game. And it's not just a case of 'defendings ones opinion either.' Quite often, if someone likes something which is universally hated, if they can show a good argument as to why it often shines light onto something that many others may have missed before.

And thats why I really want to know why exactly people who say they like this game do. Because I want to understand that mindset and see if theres something I've missed here. Is that too much to ask?

Heres a bad example... because the game is more or less universally seen as being great. Sonic Generations. In that game certain badniks have a 'victory' dance or cheer when they sucessfully attack Sonic. I like that because it helps show that time and effort went into the game, there was a sense of humor in the team and it helps give the enemies some character as apposed to being simple villains for the player to destroy and move on.

• Thumbs Up 9

Wat?

No seriously, we talking the design of the humans or humans being in the game period?

I mean the whole Sonic/Elise "love" thing that they have going on. But since you bring that up, the design bothers me too.

Something is starting to bother me.

I've increasingly noticed the growing amount of people saying the Amigo characters are like, totally different characters or something. And honestly it doesn't make any sense.

They all use the same basic controls, they all have the same basic movement. There is nothing, absolutely nothing at all to indicate they're anything more. You could maybe say that Tails had his ring bomb "aiming" but really, that was just bad design. He still controls similar to Sonic, except he can fly. And it's actually akin to how S3&K did things. Similar gameplay and movement with differences between them, hell, to give '06 some points, it at least tried to give some incentive to use Sonic over the others, thanks to his gems. Which I find a lot more helpful in making him a character worth playing as compared to say, Knuckles because he has a larger array of skills compared to just the shields in S3&K. A Speed-Up tool, A gem that slowed down time, a gem that makes him small and gives him extra amounts of bounces, etc.

Just had to get that out.

The differences are pretty significant, in most cases (not so much if you compare Sonic to Blaze, but looking at Amy, Silver, Omega...). Really the differences between characters in '06 is about on par with the differences between characters in the Adventures, just that '06 more often gives them "get to the goal"-type missions.

The differences are pretty significant, in most cases (not so much if you compare Sonic to Blaze, but looking at Amy, Silver, Omega...). Really the differences between characters in '06 is about on par with the differences between characters in the Adventures, just that '06 more often gives them "get to the goal"-type missions.

..Omega was basically Sonic with a hover and weapons. It just wasn't done well.

Silver was basically slower Sonic with psychokinesis. It just wasn't done well.

Amy? Slow Sonic with crappy hammer and invisibility. It..wasn't done well.

They still move around the environment about the same way, I'd compare it to how Sonic Advance did it, I guess. That game did the same thing as S3&K but it added even more stuff, like Sonic's little insta-shield thing, Tails' tail swipe, Knuckles' melee attacks, and Amy's lack of rolling/spinning plus her hammer.

The comparison to Adventure works to, but even then I found SA1's way of doing it far less offensive compared to say, SA2's. The only problems were arguably how Big was designed to play in the first place (Which was changed to fit the gameplay more in Heroes). Really, with a few tweaks just about all of the characters in Sonic Adventure could have worked in Sonic-styled action stages.

People find it easier to focus on the negative rather than the positive. It's just a proven fact. The stock market falls twice as fast as it would rise, it's easier to look at the bad accomplishments of a group than its good accomplishments, and it's definitely easier to focus on the negative aspects of a game than anything good about it.

It doesn't help when the negative objectively outweighs the positive, which just makes the effect far, far worse.

We would've gotten more ball puzzles if that were to happen.wink.png

Whoever thought that was a good idea on the development team, I'm sorely hoping they're working at McDonald's or something now.

This....makes a lot of sense.

It really does.

I seriously wonder if they wanted to throw Espio in there as well. And then replaced him with Amy (but kept the invisibility).

Strangely I don't doubt that this was part of the game in some way.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only sense that they're "basically Sonic" is that they run and they jump, and Sonic doesn't actually move like he should in '06. Big runs and jumps. SA2's mechs run and jump. Every platforming character runs and jumps.

• Thumbs Up 1

*slowly looks left and right*

Why?

I don't mean this in a nasty way but... why? Why do people actually like this game? Two people said they've liked the game in less than 24 hours and the only support is to say that those who don't like it are/have a problem. Now I don't mean to single people out here because I'm sure if we all spent 5 min we could find a lot of other people who are serious when they say they like this game... only the reasons given which are 'everybody else has the problem' doesn't really help the rest of us understand why someone takes that particular stance on the game.

In fact I don't think I've ever seen this anyway. At least a genuine person talking about it, everytime anyone says 'I like the game' the next thing to be said isn't reasons as to why or a winning argument, it's normally something like this.

"I like the game, people just make a big deal about *insert a terrible part of the game here*"

I for one like things a lot of other people don't. Heavy Rain for instance, I like this game and I understand that a lot of other people do not. However, I will explain why I like it, mainly because I want people to understand my thinking and reasoning behind my stance on it as well as having a vain hope that people will see what I see in it. However... I have never seen anyone do this when they say 'I like Sonic 06 because...'

How can you expect people to come around to your thinking or even understand why you like the game. And it's not just a case of 'defendings ones opinion either.' Quite often, if someone likes something which is universally hated, if they can show a good argument as to why it often shines light onto something that many others may have missed before.

And thats why I really want to know why exactly people who say they like this game do. Because I want to understand that mindset and see if theres something I've missed here. Is that too much to ask?

Heres a bad example... because the game is more or less universally seen as being great. Sonic Generations. In that game certain badniks have a 'victory' dance or cheer when they sucessfully attack Sonic. I like that because it helps show that time and effort went into the game, there was a sense of humor in the team and it helps give the enemies some character as apposed to being simple villains for the player to destroy and move on.

I already know why most Sonic fans don't like the game and I agree, but it doesn't change the fact I think Sonic 06 is not bad game. Sonic 06 has some entertaining value for me though.

Sonic 06 has some entertaining value for me though.

Same here. I had a mate over and we had a blast playing it...not in the same way as playing Gunstar Heroes, but still.

I'm just going to go out and say I enjoy playing bad games, sometimes more then good ones. For this reason I find Sonic 06' tolerable.

Edited by SkyLlama

That's all good and all that you like the game,but hog father was asking WHY is it yiu guys like it. We hear all the time people say "I know people hate the game and I understand but I like it", but rarely do we sees legit points that we can respect.

I don't think Sega should make a better Sonic 06 and older Sonic games should suffice for the Sonic fans. ( I know it is irrevelant for this topic.)

I don't think Sega should make a better Sonic 06 and older Sonic games should suffice for the Sonic fans. ( I know it is irrevelant for this topic.)

Sorry but that's a little vague. How? Why? And of course there doesn't need to be another 06 attempt.

Funny thing if you compare Sonic to Blaze, a lot of things about how she plays to some extent compensate for problems in the game's design.  She rips through the rather boorish enemies faster than the walking pile of guns, she has a double jump that is much more controllable than the homing attack making it easier to not die, and her own homing attack analog carries her much farther when it's used without a target compared to the other characters' homing attacks.

Downside?

You only play as her a grand total of three times. Only one of which is a full-fleged level.

Oh, and they had to throw her established backstory out the door for some reason.

I seriously wonder, WHY did they bother changing it? Surely they could've just made a one-shot to be Silver's mentor/Iblis BBQ, instead of saying "remember when we said this about Blaze? Forget it", only to say "remember when we told you to forget what we previously said about Blaze? Remember it, and forget what we told you in '06" later on.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

The way Blaze controls in 06 makes me almost feel like I'm having fun. Too bad in the end I'm still not, but you know what I mean!