Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

No matter how bad the game may be, or how bad the characters are designed, I'll love the game because it's a Sonic Game. No ifs, ands, or buts.

So basically what you're saying is that you're so happy to see anything with the Sonic name on it that...You don't even care. You don't care that the way Sonic is written is a complete betrayal to who he is as a character, you don't care that the story makes less sense than bad FF plots, you don't care that the gameplay is completely broken and full of stupid design ideas and you don't care that it completely shits on the franchise by creating a bestiality moment that looks like something from Twilight.

Answer me this: For as much as you enjoyed Sonic 06, don't you think it should have been so much better and i mean MUCH BETTER, and yet...you're satisfied with this. Quite frankly you shouldn't, and if you do, then i feel sorry for you.

Well enjoy it as much as you like, fine.

Edited by pppp
  • Thumbs Up 1

So basically what you're saying is that you're so happy to see anything with the Sonic name on it that...You don't even care. You don't care that the way Sonic is written is a complete betrayal to who he is as a character, you don't care that the story makes less sense than bad FF plots, you don't care that the gameplay is completely broken and full of stupid design ideas and you don't care that it completely shits on the franchise by creating a bestiality moment that looks like something from Twilight.

Look, friend. I'm going to try and explain what I'm thinking, because I'm starting to confuse myself too, haha.

Uh, if it's a Sonic Game, I'm going to play it, and probably like it. There hasn't really been a Sonic Game to come out yet that I didn't like. So I pretty much expect Sonic Games to be good. If it has Sonic on the title, then I'm going to like it, no matter how bad of a review it may get, or how much others dislike it. That's just what kinda fan I am, I like anything that SEGA throws out at me, I fully support them all the way with these kinda things. Sonic '06 was a wreck, but I like the game. SEGA made a mistake with this game, they tried and rush the production so they could make it out by Christmas time that year, but instead of patching up the holes and stuff that was in it, they went ahead and sent it out. Sure, they made $60 off every person that bought the game, and most of them disliked it, I loved the game though, I was 12 at the time, I thought any game I could play was a good game, I wasn't picky nor did I have a view on what a "good" game was, or what a "bad" game was. I do now, but I still love Sonic '06 as I did back in '06. 

Summing this up, I just like any Sonic Game SEGA throws out there, whether it's viewed upon as a good game or bad. I like them all, and although some will dislike that, I'm happy with the kinda fan I am. 

Hope this helps clear some things up!

Answer me this: For as much as you enjoyed Sonic 06, don't you think it should have been so much better and i mean MUCH BETTER, and yet...you're satisfied with this. Quite frankly you shouldn't, and if you do, then i feel sorry for you.

Well, I know there's lots of things that could have been improved and such, so yes. I do think it should have been better, heck I'd like to see the whole game remade. But sadly, I don't think SEGA is going to do that. I'm okay with how it is now, but I still know it could have been better, and I feel it should have been better as well.  

Like I said before, I'm happy to play what SEGA throws out at me (that's a Sonic Game!), that's what kind of fan I am. 

Just got done beating SA2 again today, loved it!

My need of the Purple Gem is a result from how bad the ring dash is designed. Think of it this way:

You've gone through most of the level already, have a huge score, the feeling you're going to get that long awaited S Rank. The part comes up where you MUST do a homing attack on 2 enemies, then do a ring dash. All while over a gap where which, if you miss, you'll die and lose your high score. You already know how bad the Ring Dash system is in the game, so, would you risk it? I wouldn't. I know no matter how hard I'd try, I couldn't make the dash. So, I'd just do that endless jump to the next platform. Easily done less than 5 seconds. Easy right? Then just switch back to Sonic's normal shoes and you're good. 

Also, I find this trick with the Purple Gem handy when doing the Very Hard Mode version of Aquatic Base. The ball part. 

As weird as it may sound, I guess it is kind of a fanboyish thing. I think Knuckles is great, along with Sonic and the others. No matter how bad the game may be, or how bad the characters are designed, I'll love the game because it's a Sonic Game. No ifs, ands, or buts. 

Okay, well I honestly just don't think I'm that good at explaining things like other people do. I'm not good at arguing or anything, really. I just state my opinions, and if I can, I'll try and back them up, if I can't, I'll just move on. I'd like to be better at explaining and such, but it's just no use. 

See kiddies, this is what you call denial!!!

See kiddies, this is what you call denial!!!

This is what I call a rude dismissal.

His explanation actually fits perfectly for me. He was 12 when he started playing it. There's a lot old Amiga games I've got running on emulator that I first played when I was that young and younger. More than a few of them are pretty awful, and I'm sure I'd never give them the time of day if I picked them up as an adult. But the nostalgia factor can count for a lot.

If he remembers having fun with the game as a kid, then he's gonna have fun with it today, because the experience channels a lot of good memories from a less critical time. Frustration factor hardly counts when you're that age. I beat freakin' Battletoads as a kid, and there is no way in hell I'd have the patience to learn the trial-and-error necessary to beat it fairly with no savestates as an adult.

• Thumbs Up 2

Look, friend. I'm going to try and explain what I'm thinking, because I'm starting to confuse myself too, haha.

Uh, if it's a Sonic Game, I'm going to play it, and probably like it. There hasn't really been a Sonic Game to come out yet that I didn't like. So I pretty much expect Sonic Games to be good. If it has Sonic on the title, then I'm going to like it, no matter how bad of a review it may get, or how much others dislike it. That's just what kinda fan I am, I like anything that SEGA throws out at me, I fully support them all the way with these kinda things. Sonic '06 was a wreck, but I like the game. SEGA made a mistake with this game, they tried and rush the production so they could make it out by Christmas time that year, but instead of patching up the holes and stuff that was in it, they went ahead and sent it out. Sure, they made $60 off every person that bought the game, and most of them disliked it, I loved the game though, I was 12 at the time, I thought any game I could play was a good game, I wasn't picky nor did I have a view on what a "good" game was, or what a "bad" game was. I do now, but I still love Sonic '06 as I did back in '06. 

Summing this up, I just like any Sonic Game SEGA throws out there, whether it's viewed upon as a good game or bad. I like them all, and although some will dislike that, I'm happy with the kinda fan I am. 

Hope this helps clear some things up!

Well, I know there's lots of things that could have been improved and such, so yes. I do think it should have been better, heck I'd like to see the whole game remade. But sadly, I don't think SEGA is going to do that. I'm okay with how it is now, but I still know it could have been better, and I feel it should have been better as well.  

Like I said before, I'm happy to play what SEGA throws out at me (that's a Sonic Game!), that's what kind of fan I am. 

While I do heavily question your judgement, I can see where you're coming from. You first played 06 when you were 12 and had a grand old time. Everyone has games that do that to them. 

In response to why 06 will probably never be remade, well.... it's been nearly seven years. The game left a very bad impression on critics and sonic fans alike, and we've all tried to wash the bad taste of 06 from our mouth since then. Sonic Team moved on, and so have we. Besides, people had problems with 06 that went far beyond glitches.

While I do heavily question your judgement, I can see where you're coming from. You first played 06 when you were 12 and had a grand old time. Everyone has games that do that to them. 

In response to why 06 will probably never be remade, well.... it's been nearly seven years. The game left a very bad impression on critics and sonic fans alike, and we've all tried to wash the bad taste of 06 from our mouth since then. Sonic Team moved on, and so have we. Besides, people had problems with 06 that went far beyond glitches.

Didn't the people who made Sonic "06 fired and they hired a new Sonic Team?

By the way, I think it'd be funny seeing on a resume that a person "Helped Design Sonic '06, I bet the interviewer would just stand up and say "...get out of my office..."

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't the people who made Sonic "06 fired and they hired a new Sonic Team?

By the way, I think it'd be funny seeing on a resume that a person "Helped Design Sonic '06, I bet the interviewer would just stand up and say "...get out of my office..."

And thus that person would never find work ever again.....

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm happy to play what SEGA throws out at me (that's a Sonic Game!), that's what kind of fan I am. 

Just curious: If SEGA made a Sonic game that literally insulted you by saying your name and then proceeding by saying incredibly mean things, would you still like it?

Just curious: If SEGA made a Sonic game that literally insulted you by saying your name and then proceeding by saying incredibly mean things, would you still like it?

Hard to Imagine anyone that would. Even the most dedicated fans will draw a line with the franchises they love if it upsets them personally.

Well that's kind of an extreme situation that I can safely say will never happen. o_O

Well i'm sorry but i can't help but try to kill my curiosity xD

I know I would, because seriously wtf?

What exactly are you trying to achieve here?

Nothing at all, I'm just curious.

Okay, I guess to answer your question, I dunno, because I can't imagine it.

If I played a Sonic Game were Sonic was smack talking me, I wouldn't get mad or anything, I'd just run him into some spikes a few times and see if he changes his attitude. 

How's that? Haha.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, I guess to answer your question, I dunno, because I can't imagine it.

If I played a Sonic Game were Sonic was smack talking me, I wouldn't get mad or anything, I'd just run him into some spikes a few times and see if he changes his attitude. 

How's that? Haha.

Haha nice comeback, ill give you that onewink.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha nice comeback, ill give you that onewink.png

Not really a comeback, but more of an explanation.

By the way, does anyone have a favorite tune from the game? 

If there's one thing I know about the people in this topic, it's that we all actually like the music, it's one thing we all have in common about this game.

For mine, as far as the stages go, it would have to be "The Inlet" from the Mach Speed section of Wave Ocean, it just feels like the perfect sound for that part of the level. A really cool feeling of suspense and rush.

As far as the vocal tracks go, I'll say that "His World" would have to take the cake. 

I'll be honest though, I didn't like it at first, but when I actually figured out some of the words in the rapping section, it just seemed cooler.

"C'mon and light the fuse, he's a rocket and he's ready to go

'Cause now the countdown has started and it's ready to blow

He's got the dope sounds pumpin' in his stereo (-eo!)

Kickin' ass fast, puttin on a show

Go on and get yourself together, there's no time to rest

And if you put the time in, he'll put you to the test

He's like a running man, in his world more is less

And if you wanna test him best, bring your best

Don't make me spell it out, bring your best!!"

You know the rest!

Edited by OmegaXCL
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not really a comeback, but more of an explanation.

By the way, does anyone have a favorite tune from the game? 

If there's one thing I know about the people in this topic, it's that we all actually like the music, it's one thing we all have in common about this game.

For mine, as far as the stages go, it would have to be "The Inlet" from the Mach Speed section of Wave Ocean, it just feels like the perfect sound for that part of the level. A really cool feeling of suspense and rush.

As far as the vocal tracks go, I'll say that "His World" would have to take the cake. 

I'll be honest though, I didn't like it at first, but when I actually figured out some of the words in the rapping section, it just seemed cooler.

"C'mon and light the fuse, he's a rocket and he's ready to go

'Cause now the countdown has started and it's ready to blow

He's got the dope sounds pumpin' in his stereo (-eo!)

Kickin' ass fast, puttin on a show

Go on and get yourself together, there's no time to rest

And if you put the time in, he'll put you to the test

He's like a running man, in his world more is less

And if you wanna test him best, bring your best

Don't make me spell it out, bring your best!!"

You know the rest!

Pretty much what you have to say. I do love wave ocean's regular stage theme too, even though the inlet is much better. It just feels so... peaceful and tranquil... so fitting for a tropical beach level. I thought I'd add cutscene music and say my favorite is "Just smile." It makes me feel very.... depressed on the inside, to be honest. Such a beautiful orchestral piece that hits all the right emotions home. His World absolutely wins for best vocal theme, even though most of the other vocal songs are their own flavor of awesome. I just think the lyrics did it for me the most. When you hear " Kicking ass fast, putting on a show" you can tell this song is a bit more edgy than it doesn''t matter (sa1).

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why this game had so much hate to be honest. The only thing i got annoyed with was the Loading times and maybe the camera view was a tad tricky at times, but apart from that i loved the game.

Again...WHY did you like it, you can like it that's fine, but don't just say "don't know why all the hate, I love it!" This is a discussion forum, the main reason people get riled up is because no-one gives any valid reasoning, heck ANY reasoning. Is it so hard to say "I like the game because x, y & z"

• Thumbs Up 2

As far as the music goes, I'll echo the statement that it is awesome. Kingdom Valley possesses one of my favorite melodies in the series and I just love His World - I even like the rap segments, which is actually rather interesting seeing as how I have an extreme distaste for the genre as a whole.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have recently finished watching Clement's infamous review of Sonic '06. 3 1/2 hours of ranting about the game.

I have to say...after watching this review, and agreeing with pretty much everything that he had stated, I have a totally new view on this game.

There was a part at the very end, where he was talking about how this game pretty much destroyed Sonic as a character, and the entire franchise. After seeing this guy play everything there is to play in the game, reviewing the gameplay, story, etc. It just made me stop and think about some things Sonic has been through in the past 15 years.

Sonic the Hedgehog, it's a pretty recognizable name, isn't it? Ever wondered why? Because this speedy blue character actually rivaled Mario back in the 90's. Mario, as far I know, is pretty much the face of gaming everywhere. The video game even people who don't play them know about. It's just so cool to think that SEGA created Sonic, and he rivaled with Mario. Over the years, Sonic had become just as popular as Mario, until Sonic '06.

This game completely nuclear T-bagging the franchise in the face, destroying Sonic's rep as one of the best video game characters in the history of gaming in the process. This game had made Sonic a complete JOKE.

This 3 1/2 hour long video review has truly opened my eyes to what Sonic '06 really is. The biggest mistake in Video Game History, not just Sonic, but Video Game history.

Sonic's rep, because of this game, has been destroyed. But with games like Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations, I wouldn't be surprised if in the next couple of years, Sonic would make a Super Sonic comeback to Mario. I honestly have my full faith in Sonic Team that they'll make this happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It is interesting when you look at something from an external perspective.

06 seemed like it would be the thing that brought Sonic back after the nonsense that was Shadow, but then it just ended up slapping us in the face.

It is interesting when you look at something from an external perspective.

06 seemed like it would be the thing that brought Sonic back after the nonsense that was Shadow, but then it just ended up slapping us in the face.

And destroying the series in the process.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have recently finished watching Clement's infamous review of Sonic '06. 3 1/2 hours of ranting about the game.

I have to say...after watching this review, and agreeing with pretty much everything that he had stated, I have a totally new view on this game.

There was a part at the very end, where he was talking about how this game pretty much destroyed Sonic as a character, and the entire franchise. After seeing this guy play everything there is to play in the game, reviewing the gameplay, story, etc. It just made me stop and think about some things Sonic has been through in the past 15 years.

Sonic the Hedgehog, it's a pretty recognizable name, isn't it? Ever wondered why? Because this speedy blue character actually rivaled Mario back in the 90's. Mario, as far I know, is pretty much the face of gaming everywhere. The video game even people who don't play them know about. It's just so cool to think that SEGA created Sonic, and he rivaled with Mario. Over the years, Sonic had become just as popular as Mario, until Sonic '06.

This game completely nuclear T-bagging the franchise in the face, destroying Sonic's rep as one of the best video game characters in the history of gaming in the process. This game had made Sonic a complete JOKE.

This 3 1/2 hour long video review has truly opened my eyes to what Sonic '06 really is. The biggest mistake in Video Game History, not just Sonic, but Video Game history.

Sonic's rep, because of this game, has been destroyed. But with games like Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations, I wouldn't be surprised if in the next couple of years, Sonic would make a Super Sonic comeback to Mario. I honestly have my full faith in Sonic Team that they'll make this happen. 

I'm glad you saw the light, omega. I've never played 06. Sure, I've seen walkthroughs, let's plays, various reviews, etc, but my curiosity peaked so high that I considered buying the platinum hits xbox 360 version, just to see how horrible it really was. However, I turned far, far away after first watching Clement's review. He really tore that game a new asshole! I can't imagine how heartbreaking this game was for sonic fans when they got their hands on it nearly seven years ago. This game really did smear his reputation. Thankfully, with the help of games like colors and Generations, people's confidence in the blue blur has been restored. I may eventually purchase this game dirt cheap, but time will have to tell. Here's to another 20 years, Sonic. There isn't any way you'll stoop so low as far down as 06.

• Thumbs Up 1