Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Bad people.

Bad people loved '06.

Honestly, even if you liked what '06 tried to do, the game is just so fundamentally broken that I can't understand "loving" it. Squeezing some fun out of it, sure. Gazing wistfully into the distance thinking of what could have been, sure. But loving it? No.

edit: ^^^ Also want to express my love for that LP. Rarely do you find such delicious suffering.

vvv And almost 12% of the LP is loading time!

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 6

Can't someone legitimately like Sonic 2006?

EDIT: Or regard it as their favorite game in the franchise?

Yes, but favorite video game?

I don't.

It's seriously one of the worst video games I've ever played. Everything about it just seems to be geared towards being the antithesis of the very concept of what constitutes "fun".

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah; not every Sonic fan hates Sonic 06 and praises the hell out of Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

No, but they realize that 06 is shit, whether you enjoyed it or not.

• Thumbs Up 6

So you're going to judge people by the games they like?

Bad people.

Bad people have no sense of humor.

Yeah; not every Sonic fan hates Sonic 06 and praises the hell out of Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Oh boy. Here we go again.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

So you're going to judge people by the games they like?
When that game is '06, yes.

It's not just a matter of differing opinions. Like I said, it's one thing if you liked what '06 wanted to be; I would disagree with you emphatically, but I would not think you were a bad person.

But if you "love" '06 as-is, I think there is something wrong with your judgment. Either an inability to recognize its problems, or some messed up reasoning for downplaying them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just got this to see how terrible it is and have been attempting to play/torturing my self with it. I have so much trouble with it that I celebrate every time I just manage to beat a stage without rage quitting.

Most of the time I just go to the sound test because the music is pretty much the only decent thing in this game.

Also, Every time I play one of those stages where you carry Elise, I end up wishing I could throw her like you could with omochao in SA2.

Bad people.

Bad people have no sense of humor.

Sense of humor?

I find it hard to believe he was joking since he isn't the first person I've seen make these kinds of judgements.

• Thumbs Up 3

Things I liked about Sonic 06:

Playing my friend's little brother and failing so bad because GLITCHES. That's about it...

• Thumbs Up 1

What if I don't think it's shit?

If you think the broken, unfinished mess that is 06 is a good game.....then you probably need to raise your standards.

What if I don't think it's shit?

Of course...

Sense of humor?

I find it hard to believe he was joking since he isn't the first person I've seen make these kinds of judgements.

You've seen people call others bad human beings for liking STH '06?

Because saying they have bad judgement (which, let's be frank, they do) isn't the same thing as that.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I like about Sonic 06 is the soundtrack. I use to enjoy watching the cutscenes but nowadays I just laugh at how horrible it is and how seriously the story is trying to take itself. The writing, the voice acting, all of it is just terrible. All the characters are really unlikeable and bland especially Sonic. Sonic is always called the dude with an attitude but in Sonic 06 his attitude disappeared and he has the most boring personality imaginable. It's a shame. This isn't the Sonic I loved.

Edited by sonfan1984

You've seen people call others bad human beings for liking STH '06?

Because saying they have bad judgement (which, let's be frank, they do) isn't the same thing as that.

Yes actually, I have.

Different people like different games. I hate when people pull the "standards" card when the entire reason video games exist is for people to have fun with them, and the perception of "fun" between people differs from time to time.

• Thumbs Up 7

If you think the broken, unfinished mess that is 06 is a good game.....then you probably need to raise your standards.

I don't see what the big deal is if she likes it, its not like there's anything to gain from getting her to "admit" thinking the game is bad, let people like what they want to like.

• Thumbs Up 9

Yes actually, I have.

Different people like different games. I hate when people pull the "standards" card when the entire reason video games exist is for people to have fun with them, and the perception of "fun" between people differs from time to time.

Fun ≠ Good. On a similar note, everyone who disagrees with Haruhi isn't automatically a retrofag who is busy dickriding S3&K; which is probably why everyone gets pissy with her whenever these discussions start.

And with that I'm going to step out of this, if only because of what happened last time this happened.

Edited by Tornado

I don't see what the big deal is if she likes it, its not like there's anything to gain from getting her to "admit" thinking the game is bad, let people like what they want to like.

I don't care if she likes it, but I have a very low tolerance for bullshit. And with that I'll shall end this conversation.

Fun ≠ Good.

And with that I'm going to step out of this, if only because of what happened last time this happened.

"Who else loved Sonic 2006?"

This is NOT a thread about discussing wether or not Sonic '06 is a good game. It is about wether or not you HAD FUN with it. Hence "loved".

• Thumbs Up 3