Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

I don't really get the inclusion of other humans in the Sonic games. Sure we assume there are otthers cause otherwise where did Eggman come from. But they do tend to stand out no matter how they are done. Except for Eggman because people are used to him, he's been there from the beginning, plus he's the main antagonist, he's spose to stand out.

Their inclusion in Adventure was kinda odd, I get they wanted "living areas" but they really served no purpose aside from giving you hints about where to go next or useless text. You can play the entire game and ignore them.

Adventure 2 furthered the whole thing with G.U.N, a military organization that has robots that Sonic smashes (wasn't this Eggmans job?), convoluted stuff with the president and the whole Maria and Gerald thing which was weird having come off Adventure and that from the classics.

Then again in '06, and Unleashed with the humans. They served a purpose at least with shops and junk but still. How did it go from saving the animals and Sonic's woodland pals from being turned into robots etc into saving humans and country's and to hell with the animals...in fact where are they? Not in the bots anymore.

Colours and Generations were the closest 3D games in my opinion to the original concept. Sonic vs Eggman and his robots/creations and his short sighted plans for domination. No extra humans, no forced "edgy" but ultimately crap story telling, no monster of the week lets take the spotlight away from the main villian of the series. Just plain simple fun. Seems a lot of the critics agree too. I hope it keeps heading in the direction its going.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hehe, funny to hear it. I know this game more than anyone on this forum, believe me.

Okay, educate us "hater morons," then. Showcase your knowledge of the game.

Hehe, funny to hear it. I know this game more than anyone on this forum, believe me.

.....Again, saying you know the game, and then decide not to share your "knowledge" isn't making me believe you any more than before. Share your reasons, if you believe so strongly your right.

I not ignore. After Adventure era all change. Series has become stronger.

I don't agree. Additionally, just because the style changed a bit it doesn't mean the originals should be ignored, especially as they're still the most popular games and the ones that started the whole series off! Your logic baffles me.

This no longer has anything to do with 06, so I'll leave this now.

Edited by Semi-colon e

I not ignore. After Adventure era all change. Series has become stronger.

The style at that point was changing from game to game. 

Download+game+sonic+heroes+full+version+

Sonic Heroes takes on a cartoony style, for example.

.....Again, saying you know the game, and then decide not to share your "knowledge" isn't making me believe you any more than before. Share your reasons, if you believe so strongly your right.

I would love to do it if it's not my language barrier. If you wanna i can try say reasons on PM.

Okay, educate us "hater morons," then. Showcase your knowledge of the game.

I don't say what i "hater morons". I just hate what Sonic lost his charm for adult audiences.

The style at that point was changing from game to game. 

Download+game+sonic+heroes+full+version+

Sonic Heroes takes on a cartoony style, for example.

And the story like a log. Edited by Mefiresu

I argue opposite, charm for adult audiences was recovered by in Unleashed and forwards. Adult audiences donut see charm in blue hedgehog pretending maturity.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just hate what Sonic lost his charm for adult audiences.

I'm 25 years old going on 26 i.e a part of the adult audience for Sonic. He hasn't lost his charm to me. The art direction in the games sans '06 is very charming to me actually as is characterizations, story and fast 3D gameplay in games that are not SONIC '06, Chronicles and Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't say what i "hater morons". I just hate what Sonic lost his charm for adult audiences.

And this is where you're wrong. There are 3 games at the most with this "adult" style. The more cartoony styled games outnumber them. 

Not to mention adults don't find crap like 06 charming. 13 year old boys do.

Edited by Wraith

I would love to do it if it's not my language barrier. If you wanna i can try say reasons on PM.I don't say what i "hater morons". I just hate what Sonic lost his charm for adult audiences.

WHEN was Sonic's target audience for adults? When? His demographic is the same as Mario's,Kirbys, rayman,megamans,etc. The series Tried to be more edgy, and mainstream. We got Shadow the hedgehog and 06. Is that what you expect the series to have?

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

And on a grander scale, you do realize that the other games in the series being great or crap doesn't really have much bearing on whether or not 06 sucks?

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 9

I don't say what i "hater morons". I just hate what Sonic lost his charm for adult audiences.And the story like a log.

1) What charm? All of the games that showed such an "adult" theme was (and still are) actively mocked nowadays.

2) Even in the Adventure era, the primary demographic of the series was young children; in fact, it's always been that way.

.I don't say what i "hater morons". I just hate what Sonic lost his charm for adult audiences.

Sonic was never and is still not intended for adult audiences. It is at heart a kids game. Even the Adventure and '06 games were not meant for adults. And professional reviews are done by adults, and 99.9% of them hated '06, they also have said on reviews of the HD Adventure games that they don't stand the test of time like the classics.

So how has he lost his charm if Sonic Team are doing what they are doing to fix the negative critique? If he ever "lost" his charm, it was during the late/post Adventure-'06 era.

WHEN was Sonic's target audience for adults? When? His demographic is the same as Mario's,Kirbys, rayman,megamans,etc. The series Tried to be more edgy, and mainstream. We got Shadow the hedgehog and 06. Is that what you expect the series to have?

If i say yes. I like Shth the game not bad, dark but not bad.

1) What charm? All of the games that showed such an "adult" theme was (and still are) actively mocked nowadays.

2) Even in the Adventure era, the primary demographic of the series was young children; in fact, it's always been that way.

Adventure era contains not a children's tones. Like as genocide. Or the same Pachacamac thirst for power. Edited by Mefiresu

Shth the game bad. Bad camera and controls and graphics. Not good game.

Adventure era contain genocide. Sonic Colours contain genocide. Sonic Generations contain erasure of existance. Sonic Unleashed contain despair and destruction of planet by doomsday device. Not children's tones. Unless speaken in a way for children.

• Thumbs Up 3

And the story like a log.Adventure era contains not a children's tones. Like as genocide.

Let's not forget the all the Sonic games with next to no story to speak of always get better ratings than the ones that do.

And from memory the entire classic Saga was about Eggman building a space station that would turn EVERY animal into a robot. Last I checked turning an entire planet of living breathing creatures into soulless robots is pretty much genocide. Plus one of the zones was originally going to be called Genocide City Zone.

Let's not forget the all the Sonic games with next to no story to speak of always get better ratings than the ones that do.

Let's not forget that the ones with stories that get poorer ratings tend to have poor as shit plots like ShTH and Sonic 06. SA1 and SA2 still hold charm to many people, primarily for nostalgia, but nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hell, even the simple premise of putting animals in Badniks can be pretty nasty when you think too hard about it.

There's always been sinister stuff. 06 just drops everything else in favor of nothing but that.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Shth the game bad. Bad camera and controls and graphics. Not good game.

Adventure era contain genocide. Sonic Colours contain genocide. Sonic Generations contain erasure of existance. Sonic Unleashed contain despair and destruction of planet by doomsday device. Not children's tones. Unless speaken in a way for children.

Graphics? Ha. It is even better than the same Sonic Generations whit texures size less than 256х256.

Sonic Colours show how have fun in the space park. No empathy for Whisp.

Sonic Generations contain how eat chilidog through space and time.

Oh I agree that it can be done in Sonic's universe. SatAM did a great job at broody and dark at times with real consequences etc, like the Doomsday Saga, but the games are yet to reach that kind of story telling without it coming off as weird, odd or downright silly.

Something else to be noted, I love how people treat the term "Adult" as if it was some sign of greatness and high esteem instead of a restriction for what is and isn't appropriate for a certain audience. It's like watching something made for adults makes you feel like an adult.

Well here's a reality check: that's not how it works.

• Thumbs Up 7

Let's get this shit out of the way here. Sonic being a cartoon is absolutely no excuse for him not to take on darker and more serious elements in it's plots. Many of us here past the age of 18 or so (if not even lower than that) grew up in an era where we had Disney animations with some of the most brilliantly done mood whiplash we've ever experienced that not a lot could compare to this day; it says a lot when animations like Lion

You grew up on Disnay? Lucky. I personally on Guyver.happy.png