Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Jesus, simmer the fuck down. I said that it's certainly not the best Sonic game, but I don't consider it to be the worst. I am not "eating SEGA's shit", so shut it.

Jesus, simmer the fuck down. I said that it's certainly not the best Sonic game, but I don't consider it to be the worst. I am not "eating SEGA's shit", so shut it.

I was respectfully debating with you up until now. Good job.

And for the record, when you make a statement like this

I haven't played the game as a whole, so I can't really give my full opinions on it.

Then you should pretty much expect arguments.

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now I have everyone turned against me. I should've thought about opening my big mouth, huh, seeing how everyone hates this game and if you like it then you're a moron. I'm sure if I just hopped on the bandwagon like everyone else did, I'd be fine, huh?

Edited by GuywithPie3376

Your not doing much else but lapping it up in light of the fact that you haven't beaten the game yourself - called out others that have beaten the game - and defended points you are not qualified to defend.

Play the game. Finish it. Then come here and tell us what you think of it. That's really the only thing you can do to have your opinions hold any water in this context. Right now your just riding the ignorance is bliss bandwagon, and that's no good.

I've bested 06. At least 4 times start to finish - and that doesn't even count the hours I've poured into speedrunning, multiplayer and the like. Until you take your lumps like me, or some of the others in this board, I don't think your in any position to rationally defend this game in the manner that your are doing.

To disregard everyone who hates the game and assume they haven't played  it is childish. ESPECIALLY since you yourself have played one level from the game by your own admission. You're basically blindly defending the game, which is just as bad, if not worse than blindly hating it. 

Hell, at least not really liking this particular game without  playing it is sort of understandable. It's not like anything from the game actually presents itself well enough for people to like it. 

Considering you admitted that you hadn't played the game yet are dissing many other fans, me included, who HAVE played the game by calling them hate bandwagoners despite the fact that they have an extremely informed opinion on this game by merit of actually having played it, I'd say that your argument in it's defense is an argument from ignorance.

"Being a Sonic fan" =/= "Accepting everything SEGA give to us without question" and any rational fan who has experienced this game would see it's obscene loading times and loading screen amounts, dire level design, character inclusion clearly for the sake of fan service rather than being a result of careful consideration, conceptually-challenged story with plotholes and rampant stupidity up to eleven and bugs and glitches up the ass for what they are; The things that culminate in this game, a game that epitomizes the series' darkest hour next to Shadow the Hedgehog.

Yeah, see...

I aggre. Something that's always annoyed me is that most so-called "Sonic fans" say that "Sonic 06 is the worst Sonic game ever", when I'm pretty sure that half of them haven't even played the game and are just hopping on the "Sonic 06 Hate Bandwagon", as I like to call it, so that they can look cool for hating the game.

You kind of just invented all of that in your head. I've been a Sonic fan for many years (most of my life, really) as have all of us, and the overwhelming majority of Sonic fans and non-fans alike agree that this game is objectively terrible in practically every aspect of its composition. While it is true that not all of us have played the game, most of us have. Thing is, you don't even know that for a fact. How are you sure that we're all mindless sheeple going with the flow? Sit back and actually browse these forums, I guarantee you, you'll scarcely find any bandwaggoning fanboy in this forum. And when we do come across one, we usually end up correcting them or ignoring them.

The Sonic 06 hate bandwagon is not a bandwagon. It's an accepted fact that this game is a tragedy. 

Now I have everyone turned against me. I should've thought about opening my big mouth, huh, seeing how everyone hates this game and if you like it then you're a moron. I'm sure if I just hopped on the bandwagon like everyone else did, I'd be fine, huh?

It would be much easier to cut your losses and say that Sonic 2006 is a guilty pleasure. Seriously, we wouldn't think any less of you. I love Sonic R, and that's not a good game by any stretch of the imagination. It's a guilty pleasure, just roll with it. You can't defend this game. It doesn't make you a moron for liking it.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 8

Now I have everyone turned against me. I should've thought about opening my big mouth, huh, seeing how everyone hates this game and if you like it then you're a moron that should go to hell. I see the way it is.

You really need to chill.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wasn't trying to defend the game, I was just saying that it annoys me how everyone stereotypes the game.

I wasn't trying to defend the game, I was just saying that it annoys me how everyone stereotypes the game.

Yet they have reasons for it because they have played enough to know it's glaring flaws.

This isn't some bandwagon hate that you're under the impression that it is at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

If anything I was simply trying to reason with you, to show why we dislike this game because clearly you're asking for reasons as to why we hate it. Isn't that what this discussion is for? Because it seems that if anything you just got even more snappy at me than I did you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the stereotypes are true. It would help if you went ahead and played the game to find out instead of just trying to defend it because Sonic's name is on it.

And we're telling you that is isn't a stereotype. It's an objective criticism. 

Well, good sir, stereotyping the game's detractors isn't really all that better; in fact, it could be construed as being rather hypocritical.

e7la8z.jpg

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 5

What stereotype? It's a bad game with so many obvious flaws that can't redeem itself no matter what anyone does/says.

Edited by Abominal Taz

Fine, I guess I should learn how to word shit, and I thank you all for the INCREDIBLY WARM welcome to the forums.

I'm unwilling to accept the claim that there are Sonic games that are of lower overall quality than Sonic 06. No, not even Sonic Genesis, though that's a worthy runner-up. G-Sonic takes the bronze.

Eh... shit for shit I'd say that Genesis is at least comparable. It's at least possible for STH '06 to work well on accident. I haven't personally had it happen to me, but I have seen it firsthand where all of the stars align and the game is just bad rather than nearly unplayable. Don't think the same accommodation can be extended to Genesis.

Either way, a pretty shitty birthday all around.

• Thumbs Up 3

Fine, I guess I should learn how to word shit, and I thank you all for the INCREDIBLY WARM welcome to the forums.

Dude, if you're going to be a jerk because someone disagrees with you, then please don't bother. And I'm sorry for responding to this, but this just boils my piss.

You could've done something like posted in the introduction topic rather than kicking off a debate over what is commonly known as the most arguable game in the franchise. I didn't even know these were your first posts until I checked your counter after seeing this post.

Edited by Super Spindash

People are going to disagree with you. Best you learn that right away.

If you can't properly debate with people on a forum, I pray what comes when debating with people outside of forums. Not to mention your first post wasn't exactly friendly either.

Take it from me, I 100%'d Sonic 06 - http://i.imgur.com/yV54R85.png

And I can say that this game isn't good, but there are some nice things about it....some, but the game is bad through and through but I won't treat you any different if you love the game, seriously several people stated that they're alright with you liking it. You don't need to go snapping at people and thinking there's some hate bandwagon for this game, this game is widley hated for a reason, but some people like the game anyway which is ok too.

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Like Wraith said, people are going to disagree with you on A LOT. What you need to know in those situations is learn to respect others views and not come off like you're attacking them or being hostile.

Remember, everyone has there opinion and stuff.  But that being said, don't take the Sonic 06 hate personally, the game is flat out BAD, but that doesn't mean one cannot enjoy it as it has it moments (like Kingdom Valleys Mach Speed Section, the soundtrack).  Take me for example, I thought the Werehog stages were better designed and more fun than some of the day stages in Unleashed, and many people hated the Werehog.  Pont is, don't take things personally and enjoy the SSMB :)  Its a wonderful community.

• Thumbs Up 1