Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Besides wonky collision detection on patches of the levels and auto-mated sections the only other thing wrong the levels themselves is the level design.

Do you think we should have this topic pinned or something so that people won't keep creating more topics about it?  It always seems people don't read that top post and this topic sometimes slips way down and people don't see it. Not sure if it should be or not, but it is a suggestion.

I'm still surprised if there were so many glitches as to why they didn't patch them later. So many companies keep wanting to do that these days, release the game with lots of bugs and then patch them later. This may have been before that trend, but it would have likely at the very least fixed the glitches people complain so much about. The story and designs are another thing, but the bugs could have been fixed at least.

Do you think we should have this topic pinned or something so that people won't keep creating more topics about it?  It always seems people don't read that top post and this topic sometimes slips way down and people don't see it. Not sure if it should be or not, but it is a suggestion.

If people don't pay attention to the "no '06 topics" topic, why would they pay any more attention to the "this is the '06 topic" topic?

Just a thought honestly. You never know with people. People ask you to read descriptions all the time, but don't do it and comment about things or do things that are clearly spelled out about what not to do. So yeah I can see what you mean at the same time as what I say makes sense as well.

• 2 weeks later...

How much are the 'bestiality' and 'necrophilia' arguments brought up whenever this games' story is mentioned?

I saw comments on Youtube with a video related to Sonic, but not 06 [even though it did use 06 clips], and the argument was brought up. And two of the word used were those two, without any description at all.

Just curious as to why those two words keep getting thrown around regarding 06 so much.

How much are the 'bestiality' and 'necrophilia' arguments brought up whenever this games' story is mentioned?

I saw comments on Youtube with a video related to Sonic, but not 06 [even though it did use 06 clips], and the argument was brought up. And two of the word used were those two, without any description at all.

Just curious as to why those two words keep getting thrown around regarding 06 so much.

Because most people don't bother to understand the words meaning and just assume it's right and then bandwagon on the misuse of the word to appear "cool and savvy" in their mocking of the Sonic franchise. The usual.

EDIT: Also the stuff below this comment.

Edited by 743 ED Missile
  • Thumbs Up 2

The ending cutscene where Elise kisses Sonic's 'dead' body. Classified as necrophilia (making love to a corpse) and bestiality (a human making love to an animal).

Bestiality gets brought up with 06 so much due to Elise kissing Sonic and having an interest in him a bit. Necrophilia I'm guessing in reguard to reviving sonic and kissing him as well when he is supposed to be dead. These would be my explinations as to why those words would be constantly brought up when people mention 06, due to those situations.

The ending cutscene where Elise kisses Sonic's 'dead' body. Classified as necrophilia (making love to a corpse) and bestiality (a human making love to an animal).

But she isn't 'making love' to him, though. She only gave him a kiss on the lips and people are blowing it way out of proportation.

But she isn't 'making love' to him, though. She only gave him a kiss on the lips and people are blowing it way out of proportation.

True, but there are many people out there that take it wrong way. The fact that a human is kissing a dead hedgehog. The fact that many think Amy should have been doing it, which I've heard many times or why she isn't flipping out over Elise kissing him right in front of her as well.

Kissing your pet cat on the nose or letting your dog lick your face are generally acceptable forms of affection between human and animal.

With Sonic and Elise? That was absolutely romantic in nature. It's so obvious that it's really disturbing. Elise most definitely wanted to make mutant hedge-human babies. 

(and to add to that, Sonic was characterized as being okay with it the entire time)

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sonic gets charged with a bank robbery and resisting arrest, is caught and sentenced to some time in a maximum security prison by the federal government. Perfectly valid treatment of a citizen presumed to have committed a crime.

Sonic is treated with romantic interest by humanity? BUT HE'S AN ANIMAL!

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering the fact that anthropomorphic animals aren't actually a thing, we don't have any real-life events to work with aside from beastiality being a no-no.

Bestiality is taboo mainly because we cannot be totally sure that animals are giving consent to our advances. The moment you throw in a creature that's as anthropomorphic as Sonic is- who is basically a human in a cute costume- the same morality cannot logically be relevant. And that's if you simply drop Sonic and his ilk off in the real world as we know it today. What about a fantasy world where humans and animals like Sonic have presumably been living together for thousands of years, to the point that no one really bats an eye upon seeing Sonic in the first place? It follows then that under such a context, the existence of their relationship isn't applicable to real-world standards, so it makes no sense to apply real-world standards to it when arguing against it. Certainly you can call it bad on the fact that it's horribly written, but hinging the argument on a comparison of how real people show affection to real animals is a no-go.

• Thumbs Up 5

I guess in a universe where Bats and Echidnas can feel sexual tension, I guess a human and a hedgehog is alright?

ehhhhhhhhhhh well I can't really argue with that.

Still doesn't sound quite right to me, but I don't plan on defending this anymore than I already have. 

Edited by Indigo Rush

Don't forget that a wolf and a weasel also managed to make a baby. They're not even in the same biological family. D8

• Thumbs Up 2

Granted that point's moot since Fang probably doesn't canonically exist anymore...

But I'm not getting any further into this debate beyond saying that the whole thing's awkward and uncomfortable, beastiality/necrophilia/whathaveyou or not.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Its awkward to people in out world because there are just normal animals here and not anthromorphic animals here. As mentioned above, if we lived in a world where anthromorphic animals had lived around us for generations, we likely wouldn't think the same thing. If they were just sort of like a subspecies of humans in a way, people would care less. There would still be racism though massively, since people will find a reason to be racist or to complain about anything. It all just depends on the universe and circumstances in this.

There would still be racism though massively, since people will find a reason to be racist or to complain about anything. It all just depends on the universe and circumstances in this.

Wouldn't it be more along the lines of speciesism?

Archie and Sonic X actually explored this to an extent - Overlanders and Mobians tend to hold hatred towards each other and the Great War did nothing to make feelings less tense whilst episode 39 of Sonic X bought up the notion of Sonic's kind and Earth inhabitants clashing because more inhabitants of Sonic's homeworld were finding themselves on Earth and there were concerns that intolerance would develop.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wouldn't it be more along the lines of speciesism?

Archie and Sonic X actually explored this to an extent - Overlanders and Mobians tend to hold hatred towards each other and the Great War did nothing to make feelings less tense whilst episode 39 of Sonic X bought up the notion of Sonic's kind and Earth inhabitants clashing because more inhabitants of Sonic's homeworld were finding themselves on Earth and there were concerns that intolerance would develop.

Actually, very true. Speciesism or whatever you want to call it would just be another name for it. Its technically the same thing, where one race or species feel that they are better than one or the other and there is just constant fighting. Thus, we end up with all the societal norms that may be both good or bad. Where, even though humans and the animals may live together, beastiality is still thought to count with them and thus those that may fall for one of Sonic's kind, would be thought of as a bad bad person.

The way I see it though, everyone blows it out of proportion.

Anthropomorphism is basically making an inanimate object human-like, either by giving it human features or describing it in a human-like way.

Bestiality is basically having sexual relations with an animal that cannont give consent to such actions taking place upon its body.

Necrophilia is basically the same as bestiality, but with a corpse and not with animals.

Cars that are anthropomorphic can have relationships, anything anthropomorphic can have a relationship with anything else that's anthrpomorphic, even a human. As, if you think about it, what are alien species if not anthropomorphic? But when an animal becomes anthropomorphic, and has a relation with a human, it seems to be frowned upon. That anthropomorphic animal can give consent if it wants to. And a corpse isn't a corpse unless it is deathly cold. Sonic was dead, what? Roughly an hour before being revived. Is that really enough time to reach corpse state?

That's what I think about this entire situation, anyway. Liking Star Wars, as I do, I tend to read into these subjects in a different way than most.

Unless of course the whole thing has nothing to do with the two words at all, and is just people who hate the game but have never played it wanting to hate it even more.

Note, I never mention that I like the game.

Cars that are anthropomorphic can have relationships, anything anthropomorphic can have a relationship with anything else that's anthrpomorphic, even a human.

I dunno, I'd be giving some pretty serious side-eye to a human/car relationship even if the car was sentient.

And a corpse isn't a corpse unless it is deathly cold. Sonic was dead, what? Roughly an hour before being revived. Is that really enough time to reach corpse state?

what

I dunno, I'd be giving some pretty serious side-eye to a human/car relationship even if the car was sentient.

Well car sex isn't exactly uncommon...wait what.