Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Note I said relationship. I never mention anything about the sex part when talking about anthropomorphics having a relationship with other anthropomorphics.

Yes, I can see why it might be frowned upon. But does anything but sci-fi not get away with alien[anthropomorphic]-human relations?

This isn't even getting into the fact that Sonic started out with a human girlfriend tongue.png

Thank heavens for Madeleine Schroeder. It was always a stupid idea so im glad she put a stop to it.

The whole Madonna thing instantly reminded me of Roger and Jessica Rabbit the first time I heard about it, which is probably why I never had a problem with the concept. :P

Thank heavens for Madeleine Schroeder. It was always a stupid idea so im glad she put a stop to it.

I'm not sure you'd be saying that if it actually stayed. It'd be no different to Roger and Jessica Rabbit, or even Tex Avery or Looney Tunes cartoons where anthropomorphic characters often lusted after human women.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

I'm not sure you'd be saying that if it actually stayed. It'd be no different to Roger and Jessica Rabbit, or even Tex Avery or Looney Tunes cartoons where anthropomorphic characters often lusted after human women.

Except those cartoons are not meant to be taken seriously, unlike the romance in Sonic 06.

I always got the feeling Madonna wouldn't have been portrayed "seriously", though. I mean...

800px-SonicGems299.jpg

Come on, you can't tell me their relationship wasn't going to be comedic more than anything.

I always got the feeling Madonna wouldn't have been portrayed "seriously", though. I mean...

800px-SonicGems299.jpg

Come on, you can't tell me their relationship wasn't going to be comedic more than anything.

Honestly, considering how fucked up a japanese mind can be, i wouldnt put that possibility away.

Except those cartoons are not meant to be taken seriously, unlike the romance in Sonic 06.

You were specifically talking about Madonna when I commented, not Elise dude.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe you lot seriously hate on this game. It's da bess eva!

Jokes, of course.

But yes. I did get Sonic 06 today, cheap price, and all was going well. Played through Wave Ocean with no trouble at all. Same with Dusty Desert. The Silver boss fight was okay, I kept getting caught but never encountered that weird wall bug. And then we get to White Acropolis.

I was thinking 'Great. Haven't got a game over. This isn't too bad.' And then the inevitable happened. I couldn't even get past the snowboarding section, couldn't control the snowboard, and ended up getting a game over.

On foot controls are okay, apart from the twitchyness in the air, and the homing attack, but all other controls - no thanks. But, I think I'll still continue playing it, just to see how far I can eventually get.

I wouldn't put it at the top of my list of best Sonic games, but then again, it doesn't even get full on last.

• Thumbs Up 1

I (probably) wouldn't have minded a one-sided Elise/Sonic attraction on her part, were it not for the fact that the game treats it completely seriously and caps it off with a kiss to his corpse. >_>

Jokes, of course.

But yes. I did get Sonic 06 today, cheap price, and all was going well. Played through Wave Ocean with no trouble at all. Same with Dusty Desert. The Silver boss fight was okay, I kept getting caught but never encountered that weird wall bug.

That "bug" never really happens unless you actually try for it to happen, its not one you'd run into on the 1st runthrough of the game. If you're really good you may not run into any bugs or glitches.

Well, I don't know if I'm that good, but we'll see.

Going for another play to see if I can beat White Acropolis in a bit.

Edited by DarkRula

That Silver thing is more of a loop than a bug.

Get caught against a wall and the dude will just juggle you to death. No if's ands or buts.

Jokes, of course.

But yes. I did get Sonic 06 today, cheap price, and all was going well. Played through Wave Ocean with no trouble at all. Same with Dusty Desert. The Silver boss fight was okay, I kept getting caught but never encountered that weird wall bug. And then we get to White Acropolis.

I was thinking 'Great. Haven't got a game over. This isn't too bad.' And then the inevitable happened. I couldn't even get past the snowboarding section, couldn't control the snowboard, and ended up getting a game over.

On foot controls are okay, apart from the twitchyness in the air, and the homing attack, but all other controls - no thanks. But, I think I'll still continue playing it, just to see how far I can eventually get.

I wouldn't put it at the top of my list of best Sonic games, but then again, it doesn't even get full on last.

Well, at least you broke the long-standing tradition that all first-time players (except the ones who've already watched the levels on youtube), will get a Game Over in the mach speed section of Wave Ocean, and then rage at the discovery that the game hasn't autosaved so they're back to the opening FMV.

• Thumbs Up 8

In my experience of playing this travesty, the particularly obvious glitches I've found are;

- The last loop in Wave Ocean's mach speed section. You get thrown-off if you don't run at it at the 'correct' angle.

- Knuckles'/Rouge's inability to easily jump off of walls.

- Sonic's action gauge never depleting for gem moves.

- The White Gem having no truly functional use at all.

- The ramps with speed boosters on them in Shadow's Kingdom Valley being useless since whenever I used them whilst driving the hovercraft, said vehicle always flips, resulting in life loss.

- Silver being able to grab twice in extremely rapid succession in boss fights against him, guaranteeing your demise.

- The alarming regularity of flying through walls as if they aren't even there when the Sky Blue Gem is used.

- The ability to skip the part in Silver's Kingdom valley when control switches to Sonic. If you use the Purple Gem to go around the area where control is passed back to Silver, you can land on the end of that section and there will be two Sonic's.

- The inability to actually destroy enemies under the influence of Invincibility. The character just walks through them.

- Tails' and Omega's lack of flight meter, attested to in the manual.

- The inability to level-up Sonic's abilities through light core collection as attested to in the manual. Doesn't exist at all in the game.

Others to my memory are ones you have to be really looking for and aren't as glaring as the above examples.

• Thumbs Up 2

The majority of those "glitches" seem less like glitches and more like unfinished or untested content.

It's hardly a glitch that causes Sonic's Power Guage to not decrease with use.  It's just that there's no damn coding that tells it to, outside of Elise missions.  Silver's ability to grab quickly isn't caused by a glitch, it's caused by the fact that they didn't bother to put a delay so that he can't juggle you.  Same with the Invincibilty, Tails' flight meter, and so on.

It's not like they tried to do a good job on this game and just "couldn't".  They just didn't try at all.

Edited by Master of Disguise Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

Um, Crisis City.

Hit the first spring to then jump up the multiple springs, just go flying stright the way up to then land in the lava.

Now that's a glitch.

• Thumbs Up 3

That "bug" never really happens unless you actually try for it to happen, its not one you'd run into on the 1st runthrough of the game. If you're really good you may not run into any bugs or glitches.

It still sucks that in order to enjoy the gameplay of this game (if you've got the tolerance for it.) is to actively avoid every glitch in your path. It's like, unintentional trial and error...

Edited by Straw Hat

Horseshit.

It happened to me on my first playthrough.  I had to restart God knows how many times to beat that shit.

Edited by Master of Disguise Wario

I'm gonna go ahead and say that I was thinking of the bug that gets you thrown "through" the wall, its my bad if that wasn't what you were talking about.

I think it was hard as ham to beat Silver when you are Sonic. You get caught, you get hurt, you TRY to collect a ring NEXT to you, YOU GET CAUGHT AGAIN? YOU DIE? WTH?

Anyway, I just recently got my 360 fixed & I'm still playing it. I'm impressed, I haven't played a game so hard in my life. (Sonic Genesis for GBA does NOT count, that game just plain SUCKED) But anyway, I'm gonna get Xbox live. What do you do on Live when you play Sonic 06?

I just rent it not long ago for 1$, play it for a hour and 16minute in honest fact. Probably doing to buy it if its cheap somewhere or EB games. Actually i do agreed with this. Its a unfinished game for sure.

I just rent it not long ago for 1$, play it for a hour and 16minute in honest fact. Probably doing to buy it if its cheap somewhere or EB games. Actually i do agreed with this. Its a unfinished game for sure.

Definitely unfinished, what is the story? Consumers where rushing the makers into releasing it & then THIS happened? 

I didnt finished over the story mode, yet im still at crisis city zone actually. but i will sure judge over after finish the game.

- Sonic's action gauge never depleting for gem moves.

- The White Gem having no truly functional use at all.

- The inability to level-up Sonic's abilities through light core collection as attested to in the manual. Doesn't exist at all in the game.

These are some of the most blatant examples of how abruptly production finished on the game. With regards to Sonic's gauge, it's specifically set not to deplete within the games internal settings. It's basically like they were in the middle testing the game, went on their lunch break and then by the time they returned someone had started printing copies. It can be fixed by changing a single value. The same can also be said of the infinite double-jump with the purple gem.

The white gem is lol. What's the point of stopping mid-jump to perform a HA? There's none at all. But it does give you the slight benefit of arcing Sonic's air dash (ala Shadow's air dash) which lets you reach platforms ever so slightly further away.