Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Welp, here is the followup in regards to Sonic 06. In general, I'd say there were several parts as to why I ultimately found Sonic 06 tolerable, and enjoyable in spite of it's infamous reputation.

The first reason is ironically BECAUSE of the reputation of this game. Prior to me getting Sonic Unleashed, I had only heard about this game in passing, and truthfully had never had any interest in it outside of its music. AFTER Unleashed however, I did get rather curious about it and rewatched an old Sonic 06 playthrough I had seen before, and thus saw things in a slightly different light than when I saw it the first time (indifferent the first time). Of course, I only recently bought the game simply out of curiosity and because I have the extra cash needed to actually buy it. I already knew the story was terrible, but having never played the game, I was expecting it to be near unplayable.

The actual thing turned out, AT LEAST IMO, to be fairly playable and honestly wasn't that bad at all. Maybe it was because of my low expectations, but I found the game to be reasonable control-wise. Granted there were points where the controls could be finicky such as the mach-speed sections or the vehicles sections, but ultimately it wasn't what I had expected.

The second reason is because of character variety. Yes, changing gameplay while in the middle of a level was NOT really the best idea if executed poorly (which it was rather haphazard at times during the game's progression), but like the reputation thing above, It wasn't as bad as I expected. Granted some gameplay changes are more drastic than others, like the transition from Sonic to Silver in Kingdom valley, or the transition from Shadow to Omega in the first Mephiles fight which kinda threw me off until I figured out Omega's gameplay, but frankly the change was at worst kind of sudden and at best only a minor change at best. Tails, Rouge, Blaze, Amy and Knuckles (although the last two were pretty shoddy gameplay wise) were fairly easy to transition to due to relatively little change in terms of button layout, and expectations for all of them meaning that I wasn't having as hard of a time figuring out how they work, unlike the Sonic to Silver or Shadow to Omega transitions. It also generally helped that the ultimate goal for the majority of the gameplay styles was "Get from Point A to Point B", which kept things from getting too confusing or too different.

Of course the actual QUALITY of each character varied from ok to poor, and from I can generally get out of it, the list would be like this:

1. Sonic-highest versatility due to gems and decent range.
  2. Shadow-long range multi-hitting homing attack, plus a lot of power when Chaos Boost is active.
  3. Silver-Psychokinesis is fun once you get the hang of the thing.
  4. Omega-getting past the transition thing, his hovering is near infinite and he has good range. Plus he is decently fast too.
  5. Blaze- Her 3 attacks on one button and requiring different elevations and timing of input holds her back, but she is decent once I stopped killing myself by mistake. Also good double jump.
  6. Rouge- She can glide and climb like Knuckles, but she actually has a ranged attack where Knuckles does not. Still wish she had a spin kick, but eh, can't win them all.
  7. Tails- Can fly and has ranged attack, but held back by total loss of momentum once he runs out of airtime, and his ranged attack is pretty poor in terms of aiming.
  8. Knuckles-Glides and climbs, but has no means of hurting things from a distance, and his melee attacks are badly gimped.
  9. Amy-The worst of the lot. Really slow, poor melee, and double jump has no momentum at all.

The third reason is the smallest, and the oddest.

...Platform size.

Yep, one of the things that helped this game out, was platform size. In more recent games like the Boost Trilogy, one of the major things I REALLY do not like is the fact that for some strange reason, the platforms seemed to be shrinking in size, which wouldn't be much of a problem if the character was floaty or had precise controls. The problem is that most of the Boost Trilogy games DO NOT have either, so therefore it ends up becoming one of my greatest frustrations and I thank the levels that don't try to be a super-precise platformers when working with a control-scheme and playstyle meant for high speed and constant movement. I rarely ran into this problem in Sonic 06 since all of the characters (for better or worse depending on your point of view) are pretty floaty, and thus complement the decent sized platforms. Plus it means I have more room to screw around and try to make shortcuts with biggrin.png.

If anything, the one thing I do feel sort of worked against the game, besides controls and story, was the level design. Much of the level design, aside from platform size, did have a tendency to be shoddy, with annoying dash pads forcefully taking control and sometimes putting me in unfavorable conditions, to directionless areas that did a poor job of conveying where to go thus resulting in my own confusion and loss of lives. Also I can easily say that I do not like the areas that force mandatory enemy killing, since it can get pretty tedious and dull after a while, not taking into account the slowdown and various bits of shit flying everywhere making it hard to wrap things up. Also some of these levels could stand to be shorter, especially if you are using a slow character.

The fourth reason I think has to do in terms of my ability to tolerate strange changes.After all, I AM a fan of Unleashed, which is known for having a superfast gameplay style and a fairly slow by comparison gameplay style, so maybe that had something to do with it. Also I tend to be pretty patient and try to take things slow the first time around to get used to things, so things probably would have turned out differently if I was trying to be fast about it.

Thus, while the game is no doubt poorly designed and ultimately brought its infamous reputation on itself, I still had a good time with it.

Edited by Wonder ED
  • Thumbs Up 1

Any glitches besides the door glitch and getting Rouge/Knux unstuck from the walls that screwed you over?

Any glitches besides the door glitch and getting Rouge/Knux unstuck from the walls that screwed you over?

Eh...none that I can think of...

WAIT! there was this one glitch where I was battling the Egg Cerberus as Sonic, and I got flung onto the upper level of the Colosseum when I was trying to homing attack his tail.

Edited by Wonder ED

*slowly blows air out of lips*

Reposting this here.... Why? Very good question. Nobody seems to know why.

You know, had it not been for the big forum wipe I would have reached that milestone a long time ago, however despite this, in all this time on SSMB. In the 6 years since the game came out, not once have I ever made a topic looking at this game or any specific moment from it. I’ve contributed to discussions on it, even said a small opinion on it. But not once have I made a topic looking at a specific moment from the game and looking at what it did right or wrong.

This is a topic I've wanted to do for a while. Mainly because this moment has always stuck out like a sore thumb for me yet it very rarely gets mentioned in peoples complaints about the game, so I wanted to share why I don't particually like this moment, why I don't think it works, and also what could be done to improve it.

So without further ado, for my 9008th post on SSMB. Here we go, grab the whisky, it’s time to look at Sonic 06. Specifically, this moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfNA5w09rVA

SONIC DIES IN SONIC 06!

Sonic 06 has been out for almost 6 years, and a lot of the jokes have already been made and they keep getting made, the usual suspects are Princess Elise, Silver and... That kiss... which isn’t a kiss at all and if people continue TO SAY THAT IT IS WELL I’M GONNA *Please stand by, the minders are administering the happy pills.*

Right... calm... Continue...

If it’s not characters or... that scene at the end... it’s the technical aspects of Sonic 06 which tend to get brought up time and time again. Yet out of them all, one thing almost never gets brought up, yet it’s one of the biggest things to happen in the game and when you look at the wider picture... it’s quite a major decision to have been taken.

That being, Sonic dies. Well... technically, he’s not actually dead but... . . Shut up.

Now you need to remember why this was a big deal. Rumour had it that in Sonic 06 one character was going to die. All bets were on Blaze (which sort of happened but again not really depending on your interpretation) since we knew one plot point was the flames of disaster and had seen lots of footage of Crisis City. So when Sonic 06 came out and day 1 of release came, reports started to come in that Sonic died at one point. Many people couldn’t believe it until that infamous gif appeared which showed the scene in question followed by giant a giant ‘SONIC DIES’ sign that appears.

Yet it gets overshadowed because of how bad the game is as a whole and shortly after comes... that scene...

SOnic+2.png

I hate you.

So let’s take a look at that death again. Fucking shit isn’t it? But... why? Why is it so crap? Well aside from the dodgy animation, just everything about it is wrong. But to understand why it’s so bad, you need to look at various other deaths and its own context in the game to see just why it doesn’t work, as well as what Sonic Team could have done to actually make this scene work.

If you’ve read the Archie comics thread, you might remember I said something similar when a certain French Soldier recently died... but didn’t... anyway.

What happens before this scene? The answer, not a lot, we see Mephiles holding up a chaos emerald... then we cut to Sonic & Elise walking through a field and then... Zap.

.. .. ... that’s it? That’s how Sonic dies? A shot to the back as he’s walking through a field with some girl? PISS OFF! Sonic is a hero who at the time was 15 years old! Who had conquered every continent in terms of popularity! Shown Nintendo it wasn’t immortal and even survived his own company coming out of the console market not to mention have an exceptionally loyal fan base in the millions! AND YOU KILL HIM LIKE THAT!?

No game! No! That is a cheap and pathetic death which effectively slaps every single person in the face whoever played a Sonic game and thought ‘I like this.’ You can’t kill any character like that because it’s cheap and it flies in the fact of everything we’ve seen the character do and experience in his entire history.

Take Mario for example, can you imagine the outcry if he was killed in a game by a koopa trooper popping out of a warp tube behind him and zapping him with a magic spell? How about if Nathan Drake got killed randomly whilst walking through the streets by some mugger? People would be outraged because we’ve seen these characters in more dangerous situations and even when controlling them in game we’ve seen them and caused them to survive more challenging and difficult situations.

You cannot kill any character as iconic as Sonic or who has a large following like that, people have invested too much time and love into them for it to be taken away like that, even if it’s just a trick and they come back later on, if you’re going to kill a character like Sonic or even his friends, you’d better make it one hell of a send off. They’d better go off at the top of their career because then fans can then except it better as they’ll see their hero being the best they could be before they went out.

Now let’s look at some other media to see what I mean. First example the Death of Supergirl!

supergirl.jpg

Supergirl! Hooray!

For some back-story, Supergirl was going to die against an all powerful entity that wanted the destruction of the world/most of reality. Almost the entire DC universes most powerful heroes were brought into the battle, including Superman, Wonder Woman and Supergirl. Supergirl is locked in combat with the entity and is able to destroy it’s physical form, but because of being distracted by another hero she is killed by a lucky shot... however, for the pages leading up to this, she’s kicking ass! She’s effectively fist fighting with a God of destruction and winning, only for her to die because of a lucky shot. Even then, the being she’s beaten up is so weakened he has to retreat in order to heal, thus saving the world. Take a look.

crisis7-38.jpg

Now let’s look at what’s similar to Sonic’s death in Sonic 06.

• A creature of incredible power wants to destroy the world/most of reality.
  • Defeats the hero by a cheap/lucky shot.
  • Friends of the hero are in shock/upset.
  • Villain then sneaks away.
But there’s one crucial difference. Super girl dies fighting, for several pages prior to this she’s in one of the most intense battles ever and she dies saving the world/most of reality. She dies being the hero fans saw her being. Despite it being a lucky shot, she died fighting and living up to the fans expectations.

Sonic didn’t do this... he died walking through a field.

Let’s take a look at another death, only this time... one from a video game.

Call of Duty (insert title here).

call_of_duty_4-1936.jpg

Ok, so this may make your eyes roll a tad but just stick with it. Call of Duty has done this in almost every game, however despite what you may think of the series and even these moments which are almost becoming a joke themselves. They still do them quite well which minimises fan backlash to quite a large degree.

Call of Duty 4: Gaz and... that other guy die. At the end of Call of Duty 4, you are being chased on a highway being shot at, there’s a helicopter chasing you and you’re nearly safe when suddenly, you crash. There’s a slow motion effect and Gaz and... The other guy die. During the majority of the game you fight along with these characters, watching them die is quite the shock, but, they go out fighting, one of them is down to his side arm and even breaks cover to pick up a second weapon and is able to take out a few more enemies before he’s killed. Its one hell of a send-off and one hell of a scene, they die protecting you! You’ve been fighting alongside them for almost the whole game, often protecting them in some way by being in the dangerous areas, now they return the favour and pay for it with their lives. And like Sonic 06, it’s with a cheap and lucky shot.

Modern Warfare 2: Soap and Roach die. Near to the end of MW2, you are playing as one of these characters and you have to infiltrate a house and then fend off against an endless stream of enemies. You then need to escape to the pickup zone. Now at the time, Soap was one of the most popular characters in the COD franchise, you played as him and saw him in some cut scenes, you were him in effect. How do Roach and Soap die? A cheap shot by someone they trusted. It’s a huge WTF moment, you don’t expect it or see it coming, it’s pretty big twist in the story.

Now on normal difficulty, the build up whilst intense isn’t that hard a challenge... but what that difficulty up to veteran, the death becomes all the more shocking and expectable, mainly because you’ve just held off against what feels like an army and ran for your life. You feel that this was their high point, they wouldn’t get a grander stage than this. Even though the death is cheap, it comes right at the top of a high point in the stage and the game in terms of what the player feels and the experience of the characters.

Just think back to films in which either a villain, the hero or both die at the end.

Take Terminator 1 & Terminator 2 for example.

250px-Kyle_Reese.png

Kyle Reese, shot, blown up, car crash, burnt, punched by a cyborg and he's stil ready to fight some terminaotors!

Reese dies in the first movie... but how? First of all he gets shot and suffers a close range blast from a pipe bomb, because he was hanging out of a car at high speed on the highway throwing pipe bombs at the chasing terminator. The car then crashes and over turns several times, He’s then chased with Sara by a semi truck! He then blows up the truck! He’s then chased through a factory, collapses through exhaustion and his injuries.... BUT STILL he’s able to pick up a steel pipe and take several good shots to the T-800’s head! He then dies from a fall after he rams a pipe bomb into the T-800’s hip joint! FUCK! And they call Arnold the unstoppable one!

terminator-21.jpg

I know now why you cry Elise... but why you are I just can't compute.

Terminator 2, this final battle actually begins against the swat team, think about it, it starts with the terminator using the minigun on the swat, he’s then opened fire on by the LAPD and you see rounds hit him. He then goes to secure transport, he’s then opened fire on by a swat team, you see him take damage and even suffer slightly because of it. They then drive away and the T-1000 begins to open fire on them. The van crashes, the terminator is now badly damaged. They hijack a van he then hangs onto the van shooting grenades at the chasing truck. Then he jumps onto the chasing truck, is able to cause it to crash jumps off at high speed and smacks into a steel works! BUT IT’S NOT OVER! He then fights the T-1000, has his arm crushed in an industrial press... rips it off, attacks the T-1000 again! This time he is at critical damage and can’t stand, the T-1000 then puts a steel pipe through the terminator... yet he’s still not down! He pulls the pipe out of him, grabs the grenade launcher and is able to destroy the T-1000 and defeats him with a bit of a cheap shot... only two then say he himself must be destroyed... .. .. I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE CRIED AT THIS SCENE!

Their deaths come at the peak of their prime in the story.

But before I show you the next example, lets go back to Sonic 06 again. Typically, most people play the game like this...

• Play the Sonic story.
  • Play the Shadow story.
  • Play the Silver story.
  • Play the ‘last story.’
Even if you assume, or if it’s possible, to play Sonic’s story last, how does that end? Like this.

Worst_Elise2--article_image.jpg

Ha ha ha, lets laugh!

Sonic and Elise sat in a field laughing... erm... right... Ok maybe before this they escape the Egg Carrier but, that climax is over the moment you get to the laughing scene. The climax itself isn’t even that great, we’ve seen Sonic do that time and time again.

Furthermore, you don’t go right into the last story, you come out of the game go through several loading screens and then various menus in order to select the last story, yet most people go into Shadow and Silvers story and play that. The build up for Sonic’s Death is, literally Sonic walking through a field.

Even Blaze, if you want to argue that she dies in that game, has a better climax and build up than what Sonic gets.

But you know what’s really odd about how Sonic Team got this particular scene so wrong? Because it wasn’t very long ago that they got it right. Some of you might be too young or not even Sonic fans to remember why this was such a big deal at the time, but if you don’t a bit of a history lesson.

Presenting, what is arguably the first thing to make organised Sonic fandom rage... Shadow!

Gladiators_shadow_arms.jpg

Erm... no not the 90’s gladiator... this guy.

shadow.jpg

Yeah... him. Back when Sonic Adventure 2 came out, Shadow had his fans and his critics, but his death at the end of SA2 was seen as being ok. Whilst some people wanted him back, the majority of the arguments were ‘who was better’ not if he should come back. Whilst there were some, the majority was just ‘who was better.’

The bulk of the arguments about shadow came when Sonic Heroes came out and Shadow was back. The entire ending of SA2 at that point felt a bit of a cop-out at the time. Shadow for all evidence, had died. There was nothing in SA2 to suggest he had not, then when Sonic Heroes actually came out, it did nothing to clear things up.

So why was there such a backlash to Shadows return? Well... his death in SA2 was quite well handled. No really it was. Just think back to SA 2 for a moment.

Majority of people play as Sonic’s team first, and then Shadow, so you go into the last story with Shadow being victorious in the events of the game. So how does the Last Story build up, the Biolizard has attached itself to the front of the Arc and is now going to crash it into the Earth killing millions and causing a global catastrophe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqvFZCXPHrU

Whilst a very basic fight, many people to this day still rave about it as being one of the best fights in Sonic history (I’m not sure why this is but people still go ape about it), it’s a pretty epic battle, you’re playing as both Super Sonic and Super Shadow. Heck your enemy’s full title is ‘Final Hazard: The Prototype of The Ultimate Life' But for the sake of length... I'm just gonna stick with 'The Biolizard.’ You’re effectively fighting a mad scientists attempt to create the ultimate life form. This is it, an attempt to create the peak of life and power... and you’re fighting it! But if you fail, it’s not just the end of you! It’s the end of all life on earth!

The fight ends and instantly you see a cut scene of Shadow and Sonic flying towards the Arc, then Shadow makes a decision to ‘give them a chance to be happy’ which could be argued as being ‘save Sonic and his friends’ as well as the rest of the world. They destroy the biolizard, and stop the arc. But in the process Shadow uses all his power and begins to fall to earth and from the dialogue in the final cut scene, they’re all convinced he’s dead, there’s nothing at all to suggest otherwise. Even after the credits, no after scene suggesting he survived.

What a way to go out of a videogame though. It was only after the popularity boom he got from this game that he was brought back, and from the SH script, it was clear they didn’t know if he should be a robot/clone/original or not, and it took his own game to explain it.

But had SA2 been shadows last dance, what a tango to go out on... And then we go back to Sonic 06.... ‘walking through a field... zap.’

Now... back to Sonic 06. How could Sonic team have made this scene in particular ‘better’ or at the very least, something to be proud of, despite how controversial it would have been.

DON’T KILL HIM AT ALL!

Ok yeah, that’s the obvious answer. But for the sake of the plot and getting Elise to cry, let’s assume the idea was ‘Sonic has to die’ what could they have done.

Well in all the examples I’ve shown, there’s several constants. Either the character is at the peak of awesome, there’s nothing more they could do to reach that moment of grandeur again, or they have to be fighting in an epic battle that can be seen/argued as being the biggest/best moment of the story at that point.

Worst_Elise5--article_image.jpg

C'mon Elise, lets go for a walk... whats the worst that could happen?

So obviously, there needed to be a better build up... not the Sunday stroll, Sonic should have actually had a fight with Mephiles, be it a boss fight, or just an awesome cut scene, they should have had a fight. The outcome is that Sonic needs to lose... but how?

If you excuse how this is obviously going to turn into a little bit of fan fiction, I’d just like to ask you to use your imaginations a tad. Lets say that you start the last story, you see Mephiles laughing with the emerald, then he emerges in front of Sonic and Elise and they fight. Whilst Mephiles has been defeated several times in the game, the game up to this point has already shown that Mephiles is a dangerous creature who has some super powers, but we’ve not seen them fully yet.

So why not go down the Super Girl road of deaths. Sonic fights Mephiles, and greatly weakens him. But Mephiles starts performing more and more dangerous attacks, Sonic is aware Elise is close by, so he tells her to run. At that point Mephiles delivers the deathblow, Sonic dies and Elise runs over to him.

Now why is this different to the Sonic 06 original? Because it lets us as fans and as gamers see the hero in action against a dangerous foe, he loses and is presumably killed. Elise’s tears are also more traumatic because it’s no longer a ‘oh dear I’m crying now’ reaction because she realises she’s effectively responsible for distracting Sonic, he gets ‘zapped’ because he tried to tell her to get to safety.

It gives her more reason to cry and makes her pain more real due to the fact she’s partly responsible instead of being a bystander as Sonic 06 currently makes her out to be. But also... Mephiles himself. If he’s been in a fight with Sonic and it was a grand one in which neither held back, Mephiles’ physical form would probably be damaged, he could then merge with Iblis and... do all that magic stuff he does in the final story.

Not only does this make sense and gives us a potentially great fight to lead into, it also enhances Mephiles’ as a villain, his plan was always to be defeated as it was the only way he could merge with Iblis instead of simply “let us merge Iblis!” which is what currently happens. It’d make him far more cunning and calculating other than ‘Silver! That blue hedgehog bad! GET HIM!”

So why have I gone on for so long about this particular point in the game when it obviously has bigger problems... because in terms of what dodgy story is there, this was a major plot point which could have actually worked, or at least been somewhat respectable, yet it was executed so poorly (much like the rest of the game), that it was always doomed to be a terrible scene. That said, it also has sight implications on future characters and plots.

SA2 showed that Sonic Team were not afraid to kill off a character (who had a major role in the game I might add), but they’re unlikely to do it again or even take risks like they did with that decision to kill off Shadow (yes they brought it back but every sign suggested they originally had no plans to) due to how bad the cocked it up in Sonic 06. They did everything right with Shadows death in SA2, but with Sonic 06, they did almost the exact opposite and it went completely wrong. Even with Shadows build up, you had Crush 40’s Live and Learn at full blast, Sonic 06... there’s nothing, virtually no sound effects at all up until Sonic hits the ground. The whole scene just feels like a throw away... yet they just killed Sonic the Hedgehog!?

Yes I’m aware it’s one plot point and not the games worst problem. But other than just saying ‘I don’t like that scene’ I wanted to show why I don’t think that scene works and not just simply dismiss it as ‘you can’t kill the main character anyway’ well no you can’t... he has to come back before the end of the game if that character is called Sonic. But I wanted to show why that scene is so bad, yet offer ideas as to how they could have made it work or at best be somewhat respectful to both the character and the fans. It’s not been the first time that the hero has died (even if they are brought back later on), and it won’t be the last, the problem is that in videogames and other media, there’s a method as to how you can do it and I wanted to show you just how whoever scripted Sonic 06 completely messed up this one plot point... however, my intentions were also to offer a solution that attempted to keep the story outcome the same, but also enhance each character in that scene based on their role. Sonic gets to act like a real hero, Elise has a deeper reason to be upset, and Mephiles wouldn’t just be a powerful enemy, but also a cunning and patient one.

That and I didn’t want to moan about the usual things people moan about with regards to Sonic 06.

Edit: Just wanted to say thanks for the likes, and a double thanks for those who liked both this and the locked one xxx.

Wonderfully put. That death scene really was done horribly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today upload on Sonic Wiki Japan manual scans of this game. Manual looking pretty cool!

1dcu.png

Here link.

Well, it's colorful. I'll give it that -- I still don't know they're making their manuals black-and-white nowadays, but eh.

Otherwise... eh, I'm not that impressed by it. Thanks for scanning the pages, though.

Oh hey, I don't believe I've ever seen these renders of lil' Elise and the Duke on this page before. Are these actually around anywhere in high quality, or are these Japanese manual scans the only place we'll find those?

So I dived into this one again. I still really dislike it, and the lag on PS3 is just...something else. It still annoys me, how much potential this had, how great it could have been. But SEGA just fucked it up.

Time heals all wounds? Well, if it's Sonic 06, the wound just gets more painful.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG/256px-Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG << this game?

I played this game, I liked the game, because it was very intresting. I liked the bosses the most.

If you don't mind me asking, what, exactly, did you find interesting about this game? To me, it's completely boring.

If you don't mind me asking, what, exactly, did you find interesting about this game? To me, it's completely boring.

Chill man, shes new and english isn't her first language. cant be very coheriant with a language that isnt your own, least shes trying though.

it's diffcult to explain.

Sonic 2006 is my first Sonic game. I loved the speed in the game. I also liked the story and the bosses. They were diffcult but it was fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chill man, shes new and english isn't her first language. cant be very coheriant with a language that isnt your own, least shes trying though.

I don't think he wasn't being chill. In fact, that was probably one of the more polite ways to begin a civil discussion about this game. At what point did he even seem like he was lashing out? O.o

it's diffcult to explain.

Sonic 2006 is my first Sonic game. I loved the speed in the game. I also liked the story and the bosses. They were diffcult but it was fun.

Oh, fair enough. If you like the game, then I say... okay. No use in getting into silly arguments over opinions, after all.

• Thumbs Up 6

This game not be popular in America? (but, there's not alot of Sonic fans in Japan)

It is nice to see everyone's opinions :]

This game not be popular in America? (but, there's not alot of Sonic fans in Japan)

The game isn't very popular in general unfortunately. :( In fact, it was called one of the worst games of the year. It was called out for its bad story, clunky controls and the fact it was full of glitches. If you want to, you can watch this video to see what all the dislike is about:

I'm personally not a fan at all of the game, but I do love the music. It's pretty spectacular. :)

I don't think he wasn't being chill. In fact, that was probably one of the more polite ways to begin a civil discussion about this game. At what point did he even seem like he was lashing out? O.o

Okay maybe chill wasn't the right word, sorry about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heck no. In the US it's commonly seen as one of the worst games ever and is responsible for a lot of what Sonic is nowadays and his reputation, which he is still given trouble over it.

Sorry that a game you like is so widely hated, but it is what it is.

I'm quite surprised you don't know about the major hate that Sonic 2006 got. I thought the hate for Sonic 2006 was global.

The game isn't very popular in general unfortunately. sad.png In fact, it was called one of the worst games of the year. It was called out for its bad story, clunky controls and the fact it was full of glitches. If you want to, you can watch this video to see what all the dislike is about:

I'm personally not a fan at all of the game, but I do love the music. It's pretty spectacular. smile.png

yay i can quote now!

I did have a hard time with the sea level when you do the loop on the rocks :[

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, as you might know, I bought the game for the 360 and played it at my cousins. It was one of the worst experiences game-wise that I've ever done. But nothing. NOTHING could prepare me for the horror that was the PS3 version. For one, I played through Sonic's story in ONE sitting! For 4 hours of my life, I went through the entire story of Sonic. Tropical Jungle's and Kingdom Valley's lag was the worst I've ever seen! A few days later, I did Silver. Now, I did it in one day but not in one sitting. But Shadow...........SHADOW! He has the GLITCHIEST PIECES OF SHIT LEVELS IN THE HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES! The lag from the PS3 version made them even WORSE and I couldn't even sit through it all in one day! His hover-craft is bullshit, Crisis City has a terrible invisible wall around an HA chain of bats and......ARGH! The Last Story's final boss is still the only thing I truly enjoy 100%.

I love Sonic 06 because of what it COULD have been if it were given some more time to finish, I am by NO MEANS defending the kiss scene but the scene where Sonic jumps from the egg carrier is BY FAR THE MOST EPIC CUTSCENE IN THE ENTIRE SERIES!!! ESPECIALLY with the instrumental part of HIS WORLD playing 

• Thumbs Up 1