Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

I honestly Don't understand Why it's hated so much.

The eleven deadly words make their return.

Comrade, you honestly might get a taste of why we dislike Sonic 06 so much by just giving this topic a re-through. It's long, but you'll get why at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't give him the right to call those of us who don't like this game, "belligerently ignorant", "dicks", "stupid", blind, etc. That's just plain rude on his part.

• Thumbs Up 1

the guy has every right to like the game. damn I know Sonic 06 rusles your jimmies but there are a few that love the game. I did a review and people were mixed

He has the right to like the game, but that doesn't make the game good. I didn't find it as awful as other people say it is, but then again I didn't get it when the shitstorm surrounding it was at its worst, and I had my expectations set low anyways so it didn't affect me as much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't give him the right to call those of us who don't like this game, "belligerently ignorant", "dicks", "stupid", blind, etc. That's just plain rude on his part.

okay I agree. its just that i see people get angry over someone liking a game most people dont like. it happen to me and Sonic 4 and its sicking.

Whiny, insulting, and overall terrible.

Seriously Dio are you trying to get banned? You have been warned by the staff numerous times for shit like this and it keeps up. I'll be honest with you, this is your absolutely last warning. If this gets pulled again you are gone. You can dislike the post and argue against it, but the attitude needs to stop........it's been getting by for absolutely much too long.

At the same time DBZHedgy your post was also unnecessarily inflammatory as well. People who dislike the music (despite it being "So Good") are not just being dicks. You can like stuff and think you've laid out a perfect argument, but it doesn't change the fact that in the end it will still be a matter of opinion and taste and you can't act like everybody who doesn't share yours is a blind idiot.

• Thumbs Up 2

I also can't stand how people say that this was Sonic's lowest point in his Career, that as well is bull crap. Sonic 06 Sold more Copies than that of the game that "Saved sonic's career"; Sonic Colors which I hate BTW. Heck, even Sonic and the Secret Rings sold Twice as many copies as Sonic Colors.

Alright, reading back through this really bugged me.

1. Colors being bad (which I would disagree with, by the way) does not in any way make 06 a good game. We could say that dirt tastes better than excrement; both are still horrible things to ingest. The same goes for games. You'll have to do better than prove that a mostly unrelated game is any better or worse to prove 06's quality.

2. Quality /= sales. You wanna know one reason why Colors sold worse? 06 made money, sure, but it tarnished the franchise's reputation on account of being a buggy, convoluted mess. Sonic's still a joke amongst the gaming community to this day, and 06 has a lion's share of reasons why. Nobody wants to buy another game in a series dominated by one of the biggest disappointments in video gaming's young history.

• Thumbs Up 2

okay I agree. its just that i see people get angry over someone liking a game most people dont like. it happen to me and Sonic 4 and its sicking.

Look, I don't like the game, and I am not going to be called "stupid" or "ignorant" just because I dislike that terrible game. I'm in a bad enough mood with Wii U getting the short stick of third parties this 8th gen, so I'd rather not have to unleash a full-fledged, non-violent retaliation by reporting him.

To be frank my dear, you're NOT giving a good first impression.dry.png

Off to an Awesome start then. 

Whiny, insulting, and overall terrible.

Meh, I can be worse. 

The eleven deadly words make their return.

Comrade, you honestly might get a taste of why we dislike Sonic 06 so much by just giving this topic a re-through. It's long, but you'll get why at least.

I did give it an entire readthrough. I just can't seem to understand what makes it a bad game. Most of the "Bad" conjectures for the Game can be countered, so it makes little sense to me. \(-_-)/

Yes it does. Sorry, I had expected this to be kinda like the Youtube Comment Section. I was being too defensive and I apologize for that. More often than naught though people have called people who like 06 these kind of things as well, or even worse. Again I apologize and I shall refrain from doing so again.

Most of the "Bad" conjectures for the Game can be countered

Alright then. Let me have them.

Alright, reading back through this really bugged me.

1. Colors being bad (which I would disagree with, by the way) does not in any way make 06 a good game. We could say that dirt tastes better than excrement; both are still horrible things to ingest. The same goes for games. You'll have to do better than prove that a mostly unrelated game is any better or worse to prove 06's quality.

2. Quality /= sales. You wanna know one reason why Colors sold worse? 06 made money, sure, but it tarnished the franchise's reputation on account of being a buggy, convoluted mess. Sonic's still a joke amongst the gaming community to this day, and 06 has a lion's share of reasons why. Nobody wants to buy another game in a series dominated by one of the biggest disappointments in video gaming's young history.

I didn't say that because Colors would be bad that it would make 06 better. I was leaning toward the idea that everyone's favorite game had sold less than the game that everyone hated. It's Ironic yes, but it also serves to prove that Sega got more of a benefit from Sonic 06 than Sonic Colors.

I Find the situation to be more like choosing Pancakes or Waffles. Both have different textures and such, however their both good games deep down. Some people just can't stand to choose something other than what their used to though.

If that's the case then why did Sonic Unleashed Sell more than Colors as well, or even Sonic and the Secret Rings? Those games came after the abysmal Sonic 06, and they were in the "dark age" of Sonic so why does it still sell better than a game that saved the franchise? This shows that the "backlash" of Sonic 06 wasn't even as bad as people say.

Alright then. Let me have them.

Stated that in my original Post silly :P

Heh, I see what you mean. Maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to say. Especially considering how divided the fanbase is.

I'd change that, but you quoted it so it might as well stay the same :P

The biggest problem  i have with Sonic 06 is that it should have been  the best Sonic game ever made. But it ended up being one of the worst Sonic games ever made.  And that is sad. The story was a tragedy and so is the game. it’s a tragedy what it could have been

At the same time DBZHedgy your post was also unnecessarily inflammatory as well. People who dislike the music (despite it being "So Good") are not just being dicks. You can like stuff and think you've laid out a perfect argument, but it doesn't change the fact that in the end it will still be a matter of opinion and taste and you can't act like everybody who doesn't share yours is a blind idiot.

Yes, and I greatly apoligize. I was just being defenseful. Since I see now that most people here are very calm and sophisticated with their opinions I will refrain from being so arrogant with my opinions in the future.

I didn't mind the gameplay, though it got freakishly difficult at times. The story...yeah, I agree with many others, it's a mess.

The biggest problem  i have with Sonic 06 is that it should have been  the best Sonic game ever made. But it ended up being one of the worst Sonic games ever made.  And that is sad. The story was a tragedy and so is the game. it’s a tragedy what it could have been

I'm rather confused by that statement... 

I find it pretty unlikely that the story would change if the game had more dev time. 

Another thing, I doubt it's the worst Sonic games with gems like Sonic Blast, Sonic Free Riders, and Sonic ATSR around, But this is my opinion.

Another thing, I doubt it's the worst Sonic games with gems like Sonic Blast, Sonic Free Riders, and Sonic ATSR around, But this is my opinion.

With a game like Sonic Blast, sure, you could probably argue that it's worse than 06; the problem kind of stems from the idea that while Blast may have been terrible overall, it did nowhere near the damage to the series in comparison to 06. It's technical flaws and its status as an individual game isn't everything; there's a whole lot more to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok the Story would still have not been good.
But if the game play had been good. It would
not have been as bad. I for one like the music.
The opening theme of His world  with the violin made

me want to play it even after I herd how bad it was.

With a game like Sonic Blast, sure, you could probably argue that it's worse than 06; the problem kind of stems from the idea that while Blast may have been terrible overall, it did nowhere near the damage to the series in comparison to 06. It's technical flaws and its status as an individual game isn't everything; there's a whole lot more to it.

Were talking about Worst game here, not worst backlash, and I've already proven that the backlash for 06 wasn't even drastic.

System Limitations have nothing to do with it, there are fans who believe that 1 and 2 was and always will be the best games out there, not to mention several gamers who make top ten lists of their favorite video game happen to be from a game that is older than average, usually in the 16-bit era.

...I must say that you've not done a very good job then, comrade, for reasons stated priorly. You've rather stacked a host of logical fallacies on top of each other so that they resemble a solid argument, rather than proving any sort of point you had intended. You may have much wisdom to share, but you must excuse me when I say that you've botched the delivery rather badly.

That would be fine if we were arguing mere taste, but the very merit of the game is in question. Anyone can enjoy The Room, but The Room is not a good film, for instance. It lacks even the bog standard technical quality, coherent storytelling, and direction to be called a "good" film in any regard. That it entertains people is a happy accident.

06 isn't unloved merely because it is different. It falls short of not only the expectations Sega lavished on it, but of the expectations of most all video game consumers. When I purchase a game for full price, I am entering an implicit agreement with the developers and publishers of said game that I am willing to part with $60 of my income for a product that is, in the least, not broken or unfinished. I don't expect every game to be Super Mario Galaxy, of course, but I at least expect it to be reasonably controllable, to present its storyline, whatever that may be, in a coherent fashion, and to not break down in such a way that I am cheated for following the rules the game has lain out before me. Sonic 06 fails on each of these very basic counts: its controls are dodgy and jerky (as is its awful camera), its story is so convoluted that it begins to spiral into insanity before I've even had a chance to think things over, and its basic structure is so broken that trying to fly in a straight line is very nearly impossible, if not at least horribly unintuitive. 

Furthermore, the mass opinion, whatever its weight may be counted for in conversation, seems to agree with me; there are nearly as many people who have claimed 06 was a buggy mess as are people who purchased Sonic 06. To use your waffle analogy, it certainly is possible that all of these people are merely mistaken, and that both baked goods are of equal quality, but if nearly all the people who eat waffles or what have you have proclaimed them terrible, might it be more probable that there's something wrong with the batter? That's not to say that you are wrong necessarily, but that whatever the mass opinion counts for, it most assuredly weighs against your position.

All this to say, I do not mind if you enjoy playing Sonic 06, or any game for that matter. But a game's merit sits apart from one's taste for it; a game I may like may not be a good game.

To be frank, good sir, I was only listing reasons I found the game enjoyable. I was trying to prove anything to anybody. I mainly tried to focus on what many people had said and how Ironic or contradicting it was to other statements regarding different Sonic games that are renowned the world over.

I disagree. The room may be pleasant, and so could the movie, but the merits upon which you judge the room and the movie are different. The judging of the room has a different design and approach than that of the movie. Therefore it would be rather irrelevant to compare the two.

I believe that is an understatement. Many people consider Sonic 06 to be the worst game ever when it is not. There are several other games that had been released for full price at such buggy conditions. Many next gen consoles have video games that have been released too soon, just as Sonic 06 had. They featured glitches and missing content, just as 06. Not to mention many more bugs could have been present but were not however. The thing I don't understand is, Why is it that other games with incomplete programming should be OK, while Sonic 06 is irredeemable? The game is still playable, contrary to popular belief. If it's possible to Complete every level with the highest ranking than the buggy interface can be overcame and mastered to it's full potential, which means that the people who did say that isn't really giving it a fair chance. That is the equivalent of saying its impossible to react in Sonic Unleashed when you just aren't used to the gameplay.
When conversing of the Story, many people go on to say that "Story doesn't Matter, and it should only be a bonus to the game", my question is, Why is it that Sonic 06 isn't free from this criticism? Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations' story wasn't very flowing, the game rarely took the occasion to explain to the player what was going on. Many introduced concepts weren't explained at all. In 06's case the only reason people "don't understand" is because of the time skip, + the 3 stories. I doubt that it would be possible for the writers to make it anymore cohesive. Do you have any suggestions that would make the story better while keeping the main core of it intact?

BTW, Fun Fact, Did you know that the writers for Sonic 06, wrote Sonic Adventure 2's story as well as Heroes'?

Flying in a straight line is indeed possible. Sonic and Shadow's homing attack go straight. Tails Flies straight. Knuckles and Rouge Glide Straigh. Silver's levitation goes straight. And Blaze's...Spinny...attack...(Not the double jump) goes straight if no other direction is pushed. I think your mistaken...

Yes, it certainly is possible that there may be something wrong with the batter, but as I said before, there may only be something wrong with it in the fact that it tastes more differently than the pancake. There may be a bad after taste, but overall it's still delicious, just as that with the pancake. It's an aquired Taste. 

That's only because the way games are judged it by Mass opinion. The only way to know is to ask people for their opinions. And opinions can be very misjudged in a lot of categories, yet people still use it in order to know whether or not it's worth your time. The problem with this though is the fact that no 2 people have the same opinion so it makes Game reviews that much more nonsensical, to me anyway.
But the thing that puzzles me is. If it was so terrible and people cannot seem to stand it, than why do people still buy it at $20 to this day? The game sold 1,000 copies or more in 2013, that's 7 years of hatred and bashing yet people still found a reason to pick it up, moreso than Sonic Colors.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I swear to god, the scene where Sonic and Silver part ways for Blaze and Silver to go back to the future that they're supposed to have fixed in the first place, possibly is the Sonic 06 scene that pisses me off the most.

I swear to god, the scene where Sonic and Silver part ways for Blaze and Silver to go back to the future that they're supposed to have fixed in the first place, possibly is the Sonic 06 scene that pisses me off the most.

Why?

Because Silver's whole motive for going back in time was to stop Iblis from wrecking shit in his time. However, he's not bothered when Iblis is still around in his time when he returns, implying Sonic failed. He doesn't act surprised at all that nothing's changed, nor does he act bothered by the possibility that Sonic might have failed.

If '06 wanted to use DBZ's rule of changing time (i.e. changing the past doesn't affect your future, it only makes a new timeline), then it didn't do a good job of establishing that beforehand, did it?

Also, why didn't he go with Sonic to make sure he DOESN'T fail?

• Thumbs Up 1

Better yet, why didn't they go back in time to before Eggman even attacked Soleanna in the first place!? There's no limit to indicate they couldn't have.