Awoo.

What Games do you think Deserve to be remastered?

Mando-Whirl-Wind

With the News of the Ducktales remastering or even Whiteheads treatment of Sonic CD, we all know there are other titles that deserve a treatment like that with a rebuilt engine and massively improved graphics(along with additional modes and content) rather than simply a HD pack with strecthed textures. So state your title(or titles) give your reason, and lets discuss it.

The Star Wars X-wing Trilogy: Still considered the best star wars spacers to this day gave you full on missions, emersive enviroments and galaxy. a Remastered edition would require an entirely new model set(the original used simply polygons!), but could also have a bonus mode with classic style graphics, and the original model. The engines would also need an overhaul, however you could use the same base engine for the entire trilogy, while altering the physics between each entry.
New ships could be added as well, but its got a strong base, mainly needs upgraded visuals for each entry, and a new optimized engine that is compatible with modern engines

Vectorman 1+2: A classic from the Genesis era, a best seller, and already used pre-rendered graphic for a number of elements these games would be a shoe-in for a 2.5D update, its still a popular mix of platformer and shooter, and its possible they may even have the original model assets on file, combine those with a new engine and overhauled graphics, you would have a stellar title with a clever gimic.

Jet Force Gemini: One of Rare's last titles from the N64 era, this game was one of the first FPSs, yet combined many fun platformer game-traits that were Rare's trademark during the time period. With overhauled Graphics, additional bonuses and weapons and some new bonus levels you would have something that appeals to both Platformers and FPS people alike

I could do more, but now its your turn wink.png

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

I thought Jet Force Gemini was a third person shooter with elements that birthed Ratchet and Clank?

inb4 Sonic 1, 2 & 3&K remaster. I wouldn't mind that actually.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

I thought Jet Force Gemini was a third person shooter with elements that birthed Ratchet and Clank?

well it did have a first person mode I think, though ya it was third person perspective......

Also think non-sonic games should be the focus, no offense but sonic gets a lot of the spotlihgt, some of these guys dont.(anyways only one that I think that could really use one is Knuckles Chaotix tongue.png)

oh ya, you could also call Sonic 4 the genesis(S1-3) mash up remaster :P

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

FF7 would be amazing but I think we've all pretty much accepted it'll never happen.

246px-JetSetRadioFuturebox.jpg

WHY SEGA. You have fan demand, you've got everything you need, and yet you don't do it. WHY won't you remaster JSR:F like you remastered the first JSR?

No seriously I want this game remastered someday.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just realized I should Clarify a little, if you are giving a game, please try to clarify why and how as well, we are trying to turn this into a discussion and debate, not merely a wishlist. and if you give a good and precise reason why and how sonic games would be fine

Illbleed

That Dreamcast game was gonna be remade on the X-Box but the creator of the game passed away from a heart attack (ironic since you can die from heart attack in this game but I digress) and it has so much potential for a remake. Its my favorite Dreamcast game and it needs to be known more.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Makai Kingdom, and Soul Nomad and the World Eaters

It does have a PSP port but now that Nippon Ichi stepped up their game, graphic wise starting with Disgaea 4 I think these three games need HD treatment. HoD was my favorite of the Disgaea series and I would really love to see that remastered. I also did enjoy Makai Kingdom and Soul Nomad too but I do feel like they could improve on their sprites. Just saying.

Brb

Gonna look through my classic games. Ran out ideas.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

The first 3 Tales games could use a serious overhaul, especially Phantasia and Destiny.

To someone introduced to the series through Symphonia (aka most likely a majority of the Western fanbase), Phantasia and Destiny are almost intolerable to play. They could use an HD collection with a better engine.

Sonic 1,2 & S3&K would really suit getting aHD rayman origins-esque overhaul.

I think we'd all love seeing those iconic characters and zones in full HD with beautifully hand drawn art.

It would also give us a reason to actually rebuy them all again instead of Sega simply porting them yet again and hoping we'll bite.

I am of the opinion that any game that the wider gaming community can agree ranks as a 'classic' should probably be remastered; the original Zelda, for example, would be lovely.

3ZZj4Dk.png

Rayman

Remaster the game or make it a Origins styled remake mantaining the old gameplay. I don't care how, I just want to play that game again in HD.

Just look at those animated 2D graphics, atmosphere, and soundtrack and tell me it doesn't deserve a remaster.

I'd love a remastered Jet Force Gemini as long as they add a friggin' Easy mode, at least for bosses.  That game was great but the boss battles were cockblocking cunts in terms of difficulty curves (more like 90 degree angles).

Anyway, games I'd love to see remastered that are universally loved and deserve it:

Super Mario 64

Could contain both the original and DS versions of the game with remastered Galaxy-esque graphics (Hell, for convenience I'd be more than okay with them reusing textures and models from Galaxy).  Alternatively I'd be a-ok with them adding in just the extra levels from DS without adding the extra characters or extra missions to the main levels.  For the extra levels, just have one of the caps to hand for whatever Luigi/Wario needed there.

Super Mario Sunshine

This wouldn't need as much of a graphical overhaul (maybe something similar to Wind Waker HD's level?), but what it WOULD need is some kind of radar to seek out where Blue Coins are hidden or just... something I dunno.  The Blue Coins were awful.

Mischief Makers

This one is more of a long shot but if Treasure still have access to all the original high quality renders used to make the in-game graphics, and are able to remake the textures for the handful of 3D elements in HD, this'd be awesome to see.  The gorgeous, teasingly-only-four-of-em rearranged tracks on the soundtrack CD would make me love to hear the whole soundtrack redone like that, though preferrably with a little bit of percussive oomph to the orchestral sound "Esperance" and "Adieux" had to be more in line with the original soundtrack.

As for extras... could add some bonus levels, could even have them intermingled with the regular story considering the level design was so wacky and ever-changing from one stage to the next anyway.

Just look at those animated 2D graphics, atmosphere, and soundtrack and tell me it doesn't deserve a remaster.

It doesn't deserve a remaster.  God I fucking hated that game lol.

Well alright, it was okay, they would just need to seriously make the lives system fairer.  I ragequitted on Band Land after a stupidly hard jump at the end of a long screen killed me every time and then the subseqeunt Game Over sent me about 5-6 screens back.

Edited by JezMM

I'd love a remastered Jet Force Gemini as long as they add a friggin' Easy mode, at least for bosses.  That game was great but the boss battles were cockblocking cunts in terms of difficulty curves (more like 90 degree angles).

Anyway, games I'd love to see remastered that are universally loved and deserve it:

Super Mario 64

Could contain both the original and DS versions of the game with remastered Galaxy-esque graphics (Hell, for convenience I'd be more than okay with them reusing textures and models from Galaxy).  Alternatively I'd be a-ok with them adding in just the extra levels from DS without adding the extra characters or extra missions to the main levels.  For the extra levels, just have one of the caps to hand for whatever Luigi/Wario needed there.

Super Mario Sunshine

This wouldn't need as much of a graphical overhaul (maybe something similar to Wind Waker HD's level?), but what it WOULD need is some kind of radar to seek out where Blue Coins are hidden or just... something I dunno.  The Blue Coins were awful.

Mischief Makers

This one is more of a long shot but if Treasure still have access to all the original high quality renders used to make the in-game graphics, and are able to remake the textures for the handful of 3D elements in HD, this'd be awesome to see.  The gorgeous, teasingly-only-four-of-em rearranged tracks on the soundtrack CD would make me love to hear the whole soundtrack redone like that, though preferrably with a little bit of percussive oomph to the orchestral sound "Esperance" and "Adieux" had to be more in line with the original soundtrack.

As for extras... could add some bonus levels, could even have them intermingled with the regular story considering the level design was so wacky and ever-changing from one stage to the next anyway.

Forgot about mischeif makers myself, and I agree

To see Sunshine get a Wii U port would be incredible. That game's dying for HD. Same goes for F-Zero GX. I wouldn't mind if they just directly ported the game with no new content, it would look so great if it was given an HD makeover.

And on the topic of Rare/Disney ports, Mickey's Speedway USA would be cool to see again, but it would probably be confined to the 360.

Tough question!

Usually if a game is really great they should just leave it, even sequels fail to hold up against an original masterpiece (i.e Chrono Trigger, NiGHTS, Gunstar/Guardian Heroes)

06 comes straight to mind . . not to be remastered but just to be remade and given a second chance, the game had heaps of potential, SEGA just needs to trim the fat

Tough question!

Usually if a game is really great they should just leave it, even sequels fail to hold up against an original masterpiece (i.e Chrono Trigger, NiGHTS, Gunstar/Guardian Heroes)

06 comes straight to mind . . not to be remastered but just to be remade and given a second chance, the game had heaps of potential, SEGA just needs to trim the fat

Ummm with 06, that would not only require a complete rebuild, but a complete rewrite, and it has only half the features that were planned, to rebuild the entire thing would take a number of years, and would not be a remaster, but essentialy a reboot of the entire game.... not that that would be a bad thing, but there is other stuff that time would be better served to

I'd love to see a remake or even a sequel to Pokemon Snap! The Wii U game pad or the 3DS's gyro sensors would work perfectly for it too!

Super Mario Land 1 & 2, maybe even merge then into one game because they're both pretty short.

These games have some of the most amazing ideas ever put into the Mario franchise yet it's a shame they've been totally disregarded as they weren't created by Miyamoto.

For starters the storyline is totally different to normal 'Bowser kidnaps Peach, adventure ensues', infact Bowser and Peach aren't even present in either game! Evil space alien Tatanga kidnaps Daisy in the first game so Mario must travel to Sarasaland to save her, however in the second game you find out Tatanga was actually hired by Wario to distract Mario so he could take over his castle and kingdom in his absence.

Secondly the aesthetics of these games are fantastic, a far cry from the typical blandness of the NSMB series. The first game is set in locations based on China, Eygpt and Bermuda while the second game has stages that take place inside a giant pumpkin, an every day house (and the ant hill in the garden outside it) and even a giant mechanical statue of Mario! A big shout out to all the enemies of this series as well, while the traditional Goombas and Koopas make a welcome return nearly every single enemy in both games is totally original there's even COW FISH. Sadly none of them make reappearances in later games, infact the entire series itself is so rarely given a nod and it's a shame as they are truly fantastic games which deserve to be given a modern make over.

• Thumbs Up 3

Metroid 2, it's a gameboy game but it's pretty pivotal to the entire Classic Metroid mythos, yet it didn't get remade into a better form like the original did to Zero Mission. Super's absolutely fantastic as it is, so Metroid 2 could do with being bumped up a notch (though the closest we'll get is that fan remake most likely) to compete with all the rest and further tie it all together.

• Thumbs Up 2

Super Mario Land 1 & 2, maybe even merge then into one game because they're both pretty short.

These games have some of the most amazing ideas ever put into the Mario franchise yet it's a shame they've been totally disregarded as they weren't created by Miyamoto.

For starters the storyline is totally different to normal 'Bowser kidnaps Peach, adventure ensues', infact Bowser and Peach aren't even present in either game! Evil space alien Tatanga kidnaps Daisy in the first game so Mario must travel to Sarasaland to save her, however in the second game you find out Tatanga was actually hired by Wario to distract Mario so he could take over his castle and kingdom in his absence.

Secondly the aesthetics of these games are fantastic, a far cry from the typical blandness of the NSMB series. The first game is set in locations based on China, Eygpt and Bermuda while the second game has stages that take place inside a giant pumpkin, an every day house (and the ant hill in the garden outside it) and even a giant mechanical statue of Mario! A big shout out to all the enemies of this series as well, while the traditional Goombas and Koopas make a welcome return nearly every single enemy in both games is totally original there's even COW FISH. Sadly none of them make reappearances in later games, infact the entire series itself is so rarely given a nod and it's a shame as they are truly fantastic games which deserve to be given a modern make over.

oh ya I remember playing the second one on the gameboy I think, now that WAS fun!

Here a list in order or the games I'd like to see this done too.

Rocket Knight Adventures and SNES Sparkster (Better yet a whole new Rocket Knight game and yes I know about the one on the xbox) - I'd love to see these ones done. RKA is in my top 5 games on the Mega Drive and I'd love to see what they could do with it now. SNES Sparkster is also a really great game.

I wish Sparkster could have had more success outside of the 16-bit era. It's too bad the who series didn't catch on. sad.png

I still think Axel/Sparkster is one of the best rivalries from back then

Gunstar Heroes/Every Treasure game on the Mega Drive/Ever - When it comes to the MD Treasure was second only to Sega. Gunstar Heroes is a masterpiece on the system and deserves more love.

Knuckles Chaotix - Because I'm jealous and want it if for no one but me. This game has never been in any of the Sonic collections and if you don't emulate it or have a 32X you simply cant play it. Why do some of the GG titles get into the collection discs but not this?

Edited by SkyLlama
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here a list in order or the games I'd like to see this done too.

Rocket Knight Adventures and SNES Sparkster (Better yet a whole new Rocket Knight game and yes I know about the one on the xbox) - I'd love to see these ones done. RKA is in my top 5 games on the Mega Drive and I'd love to see what they could do with it now. SNES Sparkster is also a really great game.

I wish Sparkster could have had more success outside of the 16-bit era. It's too bad the who series didn't catch on. sad.png

I still think Axel/Sparkster is one of the best rivalries from back then

Gunstar Heroes/Every Treasure game on the Mega Drive/Ever - When it comes to the MD Treasure was second only to Sega. Gunstar Heroes is a masterpiece on the system and deserves more love.

Knuckles Chaotix - Because I'm jealous and want it if for no one but me. This game has never been in any of the Sonic collections and if you don't emulate it or have a 32X you simply cant play it. Why do some of the GG titles get into the collection discs but not this?

Hey I agree on Knux chaotix for sure!... and I think there is a rocket knight on steam....

Rocket Knight isn't a remake but an entirely new game altogether. Nobody thought it was very good.

Rocket Knight isn't a remake but an entirely new game altogether. Nobody thought it was very good.

It was okay at best. Levels where short, game was short and the platforming wasen't anything really new.

I had fun with it, but I'd like to see something better. I know not to hold much hope for that though.