Awoo.

What Games do you think Deserve to be remastered?

Mando-Whirl-Wind

This game called Dual Hearts deserves a remaster: 

and gotcha force: 

would be perfect for Remastered editions, mainly because of how largely underrated these two games were (sorry if links aren't allowed not too many people know about these).

Links are fine, but the reasoning is preffered to be more in depth if you dont mind

I'm surprised that no one has said Viewtiful Joe yet.

I don't think Viewtiful Joe needs to be remastered, but a re-release in HD with VJ2 would be pretty nifty, the game already looks fantabulous in HD without touch-ups for the menus and stuff.

Anyways, these games don't really need to be remastered, but I think it'd be cool if they were:

240px-Oracle_of_Seasons_logo.png240px-Oracle_of_Ages_logo.png

Oracle of Seasons and Ages are by far my favorite 2D Zelda titles, and they're practically perfect games as is... but I still want them to be remastered.  The games' aesthetics are absolutely fantastic and charming, but something tells me they could pull off so much more without the Gameboy Color's limitations (though, that's not to say the games look bad, because they certainly don't, the retro spritework has a certain appeal in and of itself).  Seasons and Ages have some of my favorite worlds to explore, both incredibly rich in their intricate details and secrets and the idea of exploring these worlds again with even more color and detail is kind of mouth watering to me.

I also want to see Moosh again.  Because Moosh is fucking boss.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Probably been mentioned before, but if they can do a remake of Ocarina of Time then I hope they will remake Majora's Mask as well! This is one Zelda game I've never played properly before, and a graphically updated 3DS version with little extras would be insta-buy for me.

A remake of Pokemon R/S/E would be much appreciated too. We want to return to Hoenn, arguably the best region of all! Do it Gamefreak!

James Pond 3: Operation Starfish

James_Pond_3.jpg

This is a genesis game which - to my amazement - has never been ported to later generation consoles. The music, graphics and sheer size of this game was out of this world. Buckloads of very detailed levels packed with secrets which leads to endless replay value. Has a really nice story. I would be happy with a port, but a game of this quality deserves a fresh coat of paint and some love.

The cartridge for JP3 (below) was unusually large, which I believe was because the game was too big for a normal sized genesis cartidge.

1213214764-00.jpg

It's a really cool game where you can accelerate and run really fast. Has a bit of a Mario feel to it.

Here's some gameplay:

Edited by -Bender-

This marvellous series gets my vote long before any other:

7cfadd55f245.jpg

Now I suspect it's before the time of a lot of people here. Little Big Adventure is a series of two games on PS1/Windows/DOS, and they are simply fantastic. You play as Twinsen, a hero of prophecy, and in both games you take on a quest to save the planet Twinsun from destruction. The first game was pre-rendered isometric, but the sequel had fully 3D areas outside with dynamic camera angles that would could change at will. Your arsenal of weapons is led by your Magic Ball- literally just a bouncing yellow ball that you throw to bounce of enemies and objects, and you adjusted the trajectory depending on your mood- normal, aggressive, sporty and discreet. The different moods also affected how your action button and speed. 

Why I think both games deserve a remake is because they're simply remarkable. Even by today's standards the world is rich, charming and exciting, and the gameplay itself still feels unique. For years LBA3 has been talked about and concept art exists, but it'll never actually be made. In fact some time ago an iPhone port of LBA1 was considered but ultimately nothing has surfaced.

This is just a wonderful, often forgotten series that needs some love.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, it's been at least 10 years since Konami remade the first Castlevania game again. We're long overdo.

Edit: And *joke about Sonic 1 and 2 being remastered again*

• 2 weeks later...

256px-Swbbox.jpgStarWarsBattlefront2_PC.jpg

It will probably never happen since LucasArts is now defunct, but a man can dream. Playing these games in widescreen 720p would be great...

James Pond 3: Operation Starfish

James_Pond_3.jpg

This is a genesis game which - to my amazement - has never been ported to later generation consoles. The music, graphics and sheer size of this game was out of this world. Buckloads of very detailed levels packed with secrets which leads to endless replay value. Has a really nice story. I would be happy with a port, but a game of this quality deserves a fresh coat of paint and some love.

The cartridge for JP3 (below) was unusually large, which I believe was because the game was too big for a normal sized genesis cartidge.

1213214764-00.jpg

Not sure the cart had anything to do with the games size. Several (if not all) of the EA games on the megadrive came on those weird ass carts with the yellow lightning tab.

I played James Pond 3 but I only got it a few years ago and only really for the sake of owning it. Couldn't really be bothered to get much into it but i used to play James Pond II: Codename Robocod all the time as a kid. It was a lot of fun.

Think it got a ps2 port.

Jet Set Radio Future needs to get remastered; it's lightyears better than the original and it's impossible to play a few of the levels on the 360 because of the massive fps drops.