Awoo.

Capy & Double Fine release new Outrun-style racer on 3.5 inch floppies at PAX

Badnik Mechanic

So at PAX.... this happened.

81hrZXa.jpg

And it comes on this.

CapyDisc-610x343.jpg

Now that children is what we call a 'floppy disk' it is made of plastic and can hold nearly 5MB of data! You use a 'floopy disk drive' to load them, and they make a noise when they work.

You must keep them away from sand, as the instructions always told you to keep them away from sand... because during the 1990's, we regually took our PC's to the beach to play videogames.

Heres what they have to say on it.

It is not intended to be a ‘serious’ game, added Vella. “It’s just something we did for pure fun and loving the idea of doing cool shit with our friends, in the spirit of the Capy Double Fine PAX combo. While it’s totally a real game, it’s also not at all a real game.”

More can be found here.

So for the next few days... this game is officially the sought after game around... except for maybe Bioshock.

• Thumbs Up 3

and can hold nearly 5MB of data

What? Normal 3.5 inch floppies were 1.44mb and some special ones were 2.88mb.

Edited by SkyLlama
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just got rid of my floppy disk, I used it all the time in elementary school, until 5th grade, then it was usb drives from there.

I just got rid of my floppy disk, I used it all the time in elementary school, until 5th grade, then it was usb drives from there.

A floppy disk? As in a single floppy? Are you trying to tell me you used one for that long without it being corrupted somehow? Ha.

• Thumbs Up 1

A floppy disk? As in a single floppy? Are you trying to tell me you used one for that long without it being corrupted somehow? Ha.

Yes, seriously a single floppy disk, how long I used it like 4 years, if it still worked after that, I doubt it, plus none of our computers has a slot for the floppy disk to go in anyways. laugh.png

This is pretty interesting. Wonder if it'll see a release anywhere else.

Wonder what percentage of the people who got one of these can even play it? :P

I miss floppy discs, kids today will never know the joy of pulling back the cover and letting it ping back.

That's not a floppy disk!  Floppy disks were, you know . . . floppy.  And they had paper covers and were 5 1/4 inches across.  Our first computer had two drives for them until my Dad brought home this neat new thing called a 'hard drive' that could hold - you'll never guess! - TWENTY MEGABYTES!

Seriously.  We loaded every program we owned onto it and couldn't imagine ever needing more space than that.  (It was twice the size of the standard retail model, since Dad worked for IBM.)  Nowadays, you couldn't fit a reasonable fraction of most games on it.

Who even has a floppy drive nowadays? I haven't used one in years, and no computer of mine has come with a drive since, oh, Christmas 1999.

Who even has a floppy drive nowadays? I haven't used one in years, and no computer of mine has come with a drive since, oh, Christmas 1999.

I have a USB floppy drive in case of emergencies... .. ... .. . so if we're ever attacked by the Floppy Martains... I'm ready!