Awoo.

ASRT PS360 Patch 2 Notes

Badnik Mechanic

• Team Sonic - Made achievable in local gameplay so this is easier to get.

And every ASRT player out there interested in achievements partied for AGES to come.

Looks like this patch updates quite a lot of stuff, good job SUMO.

• Tuned the difficulty of Traffic Attack

After all that effort... I did it with sweat and anger and rage built inside me like I was ready to break the console and TV in two pieces... Then I did it... And now I read this... It's much easier now... The feels are coming back... ALL THAT EFFORT!

Seriously though, I'm really glad they've fixed up the issues. Finally we can get that SSMB Tourney under way! I'll go update it as soon as I can!

• Thumbs Up 3

Makes me feel better about how I trounced Traffic attack with it's original difficulty.

Edited by Balding Spider

My friend still doesn't have the all character achievements though =c

So he's still missing out on that one, though thank goodness for the Team Sonic one, I'm not exactly one for achievements but both of my friends sure are so this will be awesome for them.

• Improved motion controls for Wii-U

Hmm.. maybe this was the same patch? Including this tidbit in the PS360 notes would seem odd.

This is S0L's personal patch list, it includes EVERYTHING for every console

Does the patch fix the shortcut glitches such as this one?

I feel good for have got all the stars before the patch, it was a really good challenge(sometimes cheap, but eh).  You don't see this high level of difficulty in racing games everyday, so it's cool. I now I can finally try to get the Team Sonic trophy, yay! Happy races everyone :)

I feel good for have got all the stars before the patch, it was a really good challenge(sometimes cheap, but eh).  You don't see this high level of difficulty in racing games everyday, so it's cool. I now I can finally try to get the Team Sonic trophy, yay! Happy races everyone smile.png

Yeah, but still though this game is nothing compared to F-zero GX (which I have to play through again since my memory card got corrupted).

Also, minor update, apparently while playing pursuit today, I noticed that my missiles were hitting the tank but not damaging it at times, which before the patch that wouldn't happen but I don't know if it was there before or not. Plus, the collision glitch still happens online but only if you hit into the back of someone at the start. And you can still go through swarm sometimes.

*On the upside, the hot rod is actually useful now.

This is a useful thread, but I hate how it just turns into a star measuring contest.

Some of you got all the stars and found it so easy you can do it blindfolded in your sleep with your hands tied behind your back? Good for you, now let the rest of us enjoy the rebalancing and unlock the last of the secrets.

The one thing I do wonder is why so many would find Expert Ring Races too challenging to complete by now. Use Amigo and you won't be losing after learning the courses.

Edited by Sir Dwayne

I never really play co-op in this game but this change looked interesting:

Co-op swap weapon slot now allows you to swap if you already have a weapon.

Does this mean that now the two of you trade weapons back and forth instead of only giving your partner a weapon when they don't have one?

Or is your weapon lost during the swap?

Edited by Sir Dwayne

I'm sorry. But I just laugh at the fact that the World Tour difficulty has been toned down. Yes, the events were very difficult but, they're not impossible to complete.

Now I love my winning stars even more. XD

• Vehicle collisions in online races handle high latency much better.
• X360 - Increased timeouts to allow for less network errors.

• Rating reset issues should be resolved.
• -100 Rating Penalty for players who quit races intentionally (even for router resets).
• Starlight Carnival - Road shader adjusted to prevent 'driving in the sky' issue.
• Super pick-ups in arenas should work in all cases now.
• Rare issue leaving players unable to return to lobby addressed.

All of my yes! That disconnection issues was my biggest complaint I had. It made the online play all most impossible to play.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! ^.^

The collisions issues is still present but not as often as before.

Yeah, Cas, the Wii U version is getting the patch sometime soon. I remember hearing as much. It certainly looks like a lot of issues have been ironed out for all console versions now.

Yeah, Cas, the Wii U version is getting the patch sometime soon. I remember hearing as much. It certainly looks like a lot of issues have been ironed out for all console versions now.

The Wii U patch came out yesterday?

It did, huh? Haven't put my copy in the Wii U for a while. I should do it to get it over with. (Blasted PC version, making me forget other versions exist)

I have to say, the patch didn't fixed half of the problems for me. In fact, I got in even more glitches. Sure the online collision is a hell lot better, but the track glitches are still there. The snake's mouth, the portal in Dream Valley -it's actually worse than before, yesterday my airplane simply didn't transformed into a boat, and I could fly through the area were I was supposed to be sailing. You might think, "awesome", yeah, it would have been awesome if the game had let me fly for more than 3 seconds without respawn me over and over again- I had to quit the race I lost 100 points. About that, I think less 100 points for quiting a race is too harsh, but anyway. Also got my first console freeze after patch, yay. It was after a matchmaking race in Dream Valley, game froze on results screen, not even the PS button was working. For some reason the music was still playing. Even weirder stuff, a friend of mine also had a freeze on the same track, same conditions.

Anyway, the game does feels better, but there still lots of issues that need to be fixed.

I have to say, the patch didn't fixed half of the problems for me. In fact, I got in even more glitches. Sure the online collision is a hell lot better, but the track glitches are still there. The snake's mouth, the portal in Dream Valley -it's actually worse than before, yesterday my airplane simply didn't transformed into a boat, and I could fly through the area were I was supposed to be sailing. You might think, "awesome", yeah, it would have been awesome if the game had let me fly for more than 3 seconds without respawn me over and over again- I had to quit the race I lost 100 points. About that, I think less 100 points for quiting a race is too harsh, but anyway. Also got my first console freeze after patch, yay. It was after a matchmaking race in Dream Valley, game froze on results screen, not even the PS button was working. For some reason the music was still playing. Even weirder stuff, a friend of mine also had a freeze on the same track, same conditions.

Anyway, the game does feels better, but there still lots of issues that need to be fixed.

It's not Sumo's fault, the patch size limit means they can't change track data.

I'm sure more fixes will be coming when the DLC drops.

It's not Sumo's fault, the patch size limit means they can't change track data.

I'm sure more fixes will be coming when the DLC drops.

So it's Microsoft's fault then, the problem with multiplatform games is that the PS3 and WiiU patches have to suffer from MS' ridiculous patch sizelimit.

But yeah in that case, the DLC will hopefully come with many more fixes. I hope Sumo use that opportunity wisely!

Maybe they'll go the Battlefield 3 route and bundle a patch WITH DLC.

• 2 weeks later...

So how is the difficulty of the game (world tour) now in comparison to what it was before? Is it SASAR easier?

No it's still pretty challenging, but it's manageable whilst still allowing room for a few errors, when pre-patch game was very brutal and unforgiving on you for making a mistake, especially traffic attack.