Awoo.

SEGASonic:Radio Needs You! We're Looking For DJs!

Jeffhog

Well just for the update, I have got my plan and ideas ready. Going to start recording soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm about done with a basic script. All I have to do is proofread and start some recording.

Question; will these auditions only to be heard by staff initially, then have them becoming available on the media portal down the line at a later date? Or no? I remember (I think) The Realm of Awkward Banter's audition show being available there.

Tomorrow's a holiday so I plan to spend some time with my computer and get some stuff worked out. I've come up with several ideas that I think might work so it'll be fun to see how that goes.

Edited by SkyLlama

Okay.

I have just submitted my entry and hopefully it should be good enough. I gave my all and I am absolutely happy with this. Hope you guys love it biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Question; will these auditions only to be heard by staff initially, then have them becoming available on the media portal down the line at a later date? Or no? I remember (I think) The Realm of Awkward Banter's audition show being available there.

Closed doors are the best approach to go about this. Besides, we might receive some terrible, terrible ones that, by showing those off, would just make those who didn't make feel much worse than they would be by subjecting them to such a degree of humiliation, even when unintentional. For that reason, I'll be keeping them private.

• Thumbs Up 1

Closed doors are the best approach to go about this. Besides, we might receive some terrible, terrible ones that, by showing those off, would just make those who didn't make feel much worse than they would be by subjecting them to such a degree of humiliation, even when unintentional. For that reason, I'll be keeping them private.

That's pretty much the answer I wanted to hear.

• Thumbs Up 1

Omigawsh foreversonic u traitor! 

Kidding, kidding haha.

I've been part of Project 24 a couple of times before tongue.png

Edited by foreversonic

I think I may (finally) have an idea, gonna start working on it today.

Edited by Ash Crimson
  • Thumbs Up 1

(sorry for the double post)

welp, never mind. I've been pretty busy lately and will be in the coming week, so I won't have anything ready in time. Besides, once I get back into an actual college, I dunno if I'll even be able to fit a weekly show into my schedule. Wouldn't be right to be a part of something that I'd have to do on a "maybe or maybe not" basis, so I'm afraid I'll have to drop out of this one.

Good luck to all the entrants!

Edited by Ash Crimson
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry to hear, AR! Good luck on that end!

That being said, there's about 5 days left to send your auditions in! April 16th is the last day we're accepting entries before we decide who're the new DJs!

So, I have a question. Are you treating this like a radio station? A couple of songs and then talk for a bit and then more songs? Another question, are you going to have a way of viewer interaction? For example, a live chat feed.

So, I have a question. Are you treating this like a radio station? A couple of songs and then talk for a bit and then more songs? Another question, are you going to have a way of viewer interaction? For example, a live chat feed.

When the station is inactive, the SS:R 24/7 streams, where music is picked and played at random.

When a show is active, each host basically does their own thing! Viewer interaction is done by way of the IRC chat!

SEGASonic:Radio technically is The Sonic Stadium's own online internet radio, but it's been a bit inactive as of late save for two shows. With the relaunch in about 2 or 3 weeks, we're gonna be bigger and better than ever!

• Thumbs Up 1

Heh, I was on a trip last weekend, so I couldn't do anything, and I've been at school all week of course... and I sorta put it off a bit because my Mic is just HORRIBLE... HOWEVER I just got 2 headsets today, and feel much better about recording now. (Plus, should one break, I have a backup! :3)

So, I am going to make an effort to record my tryout on Sunday when I finally have some time.

I have but one question regarding this: what would be a good program to use to record the tryout? I have Windows 7 Ultimate N (that wierd one without the built-in media stuff) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Should the recording include a few musics, or just a sample of the parts where we would actually be talking? Can it be a bit longer than 10 minutes? Not asking to do an entire hour, but like, 15-20 mins at most?

Should the recording include a few musics, or just a sample of the parts where we would actually be talking? Can it be a bit longer than 10 minutes? Not asking to do an entire hour, but like, 15-20 mins at most?

Music is not a requirement in the auditions, but samples/short tunes work fine. 15 minute demos would be the absolute limit since it'd be pushing it a little. XD;; As long as the amount of time spent talking is satisfactory, and if you're fun to listen to!

Cheesy as it sounds, only send an audition you're proud of!

Ah, alrighty then! Makes sense, since the one doing all the talking is the most important bit of the show and all. XD

In the bio, when you said "name" did you mean username or real name?

Edited by BakingBluePotatoe