Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Ehh. I've gotten these games plenty of times. I really don't think I need another one. The soundtrack I'm excited to hear, but I don't think with what we've been told, I need to go out and buy this.

• Thumbs Up 4

The greatest Sonic game of all time (and Sonic 1) is getting the remaster treatment finally?

Count my ass in.

I especially can't wait to here dat remastered soundtrack.

Edited by Soniman

You know SEGA, Just let Taxman do all the classic Sonic ports. Can't wait for this(If it comes for consoles i mean).

Dis gun' b gud.

Seriously, this are some... nice news, I guess. The remastered soundtrack and Time Attack mode got my attention ^^ Some might say "another re-re-re-re-release, meh", and I can some what agree, but this time it's going to be a good port for Christ's sake tongue.png Just like CD, people who never got their hands on the original games, will now play the definitive version. So, take my support, Tax.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Taxman doesn't fix the fall from a crumbling ledge while charging a Spin Dash feature the WHOLE GAME WILL BE RUINED.

Edited by Bubbles
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oooh, I sincerely hope it lands on consoles. I've never cared for having multiple versions of a game (excluding one to play at home and another for when I'm on the go), but I'm not passing remastered music and clean HD widescreen.

Anyone else think we'll get to play as a certain orange hound in Sonic 1....?

Edited by Auto
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm hyped for a re-release of Sonic 1?! Damn, I never thought I would ever hear those words.

If the re-release of Sonic CD gives me any idea of how this game will be, than hell I'm interested.

Edited by McGroose

Holy shit I'd never thought I'd be hyped for a Sonic 1 and 2 post but Taxman you never fail to impress. Probably won't get it unless it's announced for consoles though. All I need now is my new (original) 3d Sonic Game announcement and then I'm in full hype mode.Because as much as I'm hyped.....the "nostalgia sells" approach is still getting kinda tiresome and I wanna see something new. 

Just to clarify, this is just Taxman doing this and not anyone on Sonic Team that should be working on the new 3d game now right? Just curious.

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

I honestly wasn't expecting this, not to mention plenty of people wanted this (mostly for Sonic 3&K), but hey I'm good with these as well. 1&2 in delicious widescreen.

• Thumbs Up 1

For some reason, I feel like I'm only 'more' excited because there's no other Sonic games coming out.

...So what happens to people who already bought the existing versions? Please tell me I'm not going to be forced to pay $3 if I want the update.

I believe Sonic 3&K, Chaotix and so on are not getting the same treatment because Taxman's Retro Engine emulates Sonic CD physics, that are much more closer to Sonic 1 and Sonic 2. So unless Taxman is already working on that, none of these games will be made HD, at least not by his hands. And we know SEGA's cheap as hell, considering their later ports where straight pixels from the consoles.

I still wanna see a full new retro game using Taxman's physics engine and Sonic Team's art/music talents. The guy's almost the new Yuji Naka =P

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 4

Seeing as how I only have Sonics 1 and 2 on Mega Collection, and the disc is pretty scratched up, I'm hoping these new ones get a Wii U release soon. It's awkward playing S4 and CD on the iPad.

Those soundtracks though. I'm hyped for the glorious Emerald Hill and Oil Ocean remix. And since SEGA puts all the OSTs on iTunes nowadays...hyped.

Wow, great news.

And I guess I will buy this too. Seeing that this time it's going to be a good port for sure.

Too bad windows phone isn't announced...Well I guess I have to wait a year more to have it.sad.png  

Edited by redhellc

Well, since I don't have any other digital version (Only the original cartridges :P) I'm interested in this (If they really plan a console release)

Well, since I don't have any other digital version (Only the original cartridges tongue.png) I'm interested in this (If they really plan a console release)

Wow I salute you sir. Almost every Sonic fan I've heard of has at least 5 copies of Sonic 1 in some form. Little known fact: It's mandatory for Sonic Retro members to sleep in a blanket made of Sonic 1 cartridges.

Edited by Bubbles

Actually scratch what I said before..

> Remastered soundtrack

> widescreen

> Time attack

>60 FPS

>TAXMAN

This is not just good..

IT IS GLORIOUS.

tumblr_liy57vMULm1qit92oo1_500.gif

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know about you guys, but Tails better fucking fly in Sonic 2 Remastered if he knows what's good for him

OH YAY DAY ONE BUY REMASTERED VERSIONS WOO

• Thumbs Up 3