Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

The feeling of being banned, but being able to post....

It's like... getting shot several times, but feeling heathier than ever.... wow...

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 1 comes out in April, so perhaps not that long.

That is, if SEGA even bother making a trailer for it. 

Sonic 1 comes out in April, so perhaps not that long.

That is, if SEGA even bother making a trailer for it. 

hope some records footage of this the remastered music.

hope some records footage of this the remastered music.

I think you've missed something. It's only remastered, not remixed. So it's the original instruments and arrangements simply in higher quality. Like the S3 music in Classic Collection.

I think you've missed something. It's only remastered, not remixed. So it's the original instruments and arrangements simply in higher quality. Like the S3 music in Classic Collection.

I did like that high quality "go, go, go, go go, go, go, go, go go go go" in launch base zone.

And that "go, go, go go go, go, go, go, go go go" in the credits.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Plus the "Hold the phone!" and the constant "Wahs!" and "Woos!" in the Act 1 bosses.

I was waiting for this. :P Not that I'm going to by them though. xD

I have serveral copies of both of these games, so I don't see the point in buying them again. Though I must say that the widescreen REALLY helps games as fast as these because of how much more you can see.

(you wot m8)

I wouldn't :/ the WiiU didn't get SA2, NiGHTS or Sonic Fighters despite how recent they all were.

(Infact part of the reason I haven't gotten any of them yet is because I'm holding out for a what if)

They all came out before the Wii U, though. I'm sure now that it's out digital titles will be released on it, too. They released ASRT on the console.

They came out close enough to the launch of the system that it should have been obvious to port them.

• Thumbs Up 1

They came out close enough to the launch of the system that it should have been obvious to port them.

Exactly. ASRT was also a little before WiiU launch in some regions. I know the eShop was one of Nintendo's most unfortunately-kept-secrets til right about launch, but Wayforward still had time to draw HD sprites for Mighty Switch Force. I really don't understand why SEGA hasn't supported Nintendo with their digital classics considering Nintendo has quite a userbase for that stuff?

Maybe they have cold feet. I don't think anything sold well on the WiiWare/VC service the first time around. And looking at the first couple of months, Nintendo STILL doesn't understand how to provide a service that is on par with XBLA/PSN/Steam

To be fair, the Wiiware service was limited due to system restrictions. Virtual Console did pretty well.

Eh, the eShop right now is pretty good in my opinion. All restrictions are gone and developers have more flexibility. I feel like the eShop/System updates this Summer will blow the shop up.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's still the issue of all mature content being blocked during watershed hours (even if the registered owner of the WiiU system is 18+), the slow as hell loading times, the ludicrous pricing, the limited storage space and general lack of content.

Tornado's right, that was lifted last month. Nintendo had to do it in due to German law because, apparently they did not think the regular restrictions were good enough until a board reviewed it. Also, the loading times are being fixed in an update this month, and if loading times were an issue PS3 wouldn't be getting games; its Blu Ray drive is slow as molasses. I mean, you're not implying that OS loading times actually have anything to do with a dev releasing things on a system, are you? Why the hell would they care?

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

No restrictions for eShop games anymore, developers don't even need an office, and there's no filter for mature games anymore either. Nintendo are striving to make the most comfortable platform for digital development this side of Steam.

Incidentally, Sonic 4 Ep1 sold very well on Wii, as did stuff like Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I don't think SEGA have any complaints about how successful their Wii outings were, WiiU on the otherhand can't be compared in terms of success yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's still the issue of all mature content being blocked during watershed hours (even if the registered owner of the WiiU system is 18+), the slow as hell loading times, the ludicrous pricing, the limited storage space and general lack of content.

The mature content block only applied to Europe, and it was beyond Nintendo's control. They have since been permitted to lift it however.

The loading times are being fixed.

Individual retailers are lowering the price, and there's no point in Nintendo lowering the price until they have some killer software.

There's more content on the way, and the eShop is already brimming.

The limited storage space is an issue, but not one that can't be fixed easily.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not like that got in the way of launch PS3s and current 360s either. I mean, the PS3 I got only had 40 GB; I had to replace that hard drive within 2 years. Current 360s have an option with only 4 GB Flash, and yet SEGA isn't suddenly like "Well, there's that one with no memory, so screw it". This isn't the same issue as the Wii, which only had 512 MB of Flash memory. This is a 32 GB standard flash drive, which isn't bad at all, and you can supplement it by buying a very affordable external hard drive to attach to it (something the competition refuses to allow). Hell, you could even attach a USB stick instead if you wanted to.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Yes, Nintendo is going through all the issues that Sony and Microsoft went through. The thing is; they did it 6 and 7 years ago. We're about to enter a new hardware generation and Nintendo is only just starting to get to grips with the previous one.

Edited by Matriculated

Not to mention Microsoft's XBLA environment is apparently not comfortable at all and actually censors what devs are allowed to put on other systems.

Nintendo have only had one new home console in the last 6/7 years after the Wii was kinda.. not really modifiable to a great extent via firmware and stuff. The WiiU is adapting extremely quickly, it already offers a better digital game service than its competitors (from a developer standpoint, obviously as a market it's too new to say)

Edited by SuperLink

It's not really an issue; the 4Gig model is merely a purchase option for people who don't need storage. Nintendo has no bundles bigger than 30GB. Of course you can go out and buy a seperate HDD, but that's more money for an already expensive system.

Edit: Yes, MS' policies for XBLA titles do seem too strict and surely it will bite them in the ass if they don't change their philosophies for the next generation. There was a time when XBLA was king though. Stuff like Shadow Complex, Braid, Trials HD, Castle Crashers, Splosion Man coming out on a regular basis.

Edited by Matriculated

Except, you know, it is going by your excuse of SEGA not wanting to bother due to not all models having enough storage. And seriously, 32 GB is fine enough for downloadable titles. This isn't like downloading LEGO City. It's frickin' Sonic 1, it's a game that's less than 1 MB, even remastered it wouldn't be anywhere close to 1 GB, and even then you could fit it on the system 30 times. None of these games were huge. It's really not an issue but, you're making it out to be.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

I'm not claiming that SEGA wouldn't release the game BECAUSE of memory issues. I'm saying that all these issues add up to an experience that make people not want to buy/use the WiiU. And if people aren't buying/using WiiU, they certainly wont be buying games on it.

SEGA needs to see the install base go up and for the console to have a good attach rate before investing.