Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Member RedMetallix on Retro has just posted a comment stating:

"Well, it appears that we'll be getting this soon. The original Sonic 1 Port is no longer on the app store. Wonder why they completely removed the listing?"

So, anyone want to guess at a 15th May release date. The same day the Japanese 3ds version of Sonic 1 is due to be released, which would be a complete coincidence.....

Nah..........way too early, right?

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 2

Member RedMetallix on Retro has just posted a comment stating:

"Well, it appears that we'll be getting this soon. The original Sonic 1 Port is no longer on the app store. Wonder why they completely removed the listing?"

So, anyone want to guess at a 15th May release date. The same day the Japanese 3ds version of Sonic 1 is due to be released, which would be a complete coincidence.....

Nah..........way too early, right?

Who knows when it's coming out. On one hand, it has been pulled from the app store, which means it's coming out very soon ( May 15th, since the 3ds version is), but on the other hand, the developers of the 3ds port had no idea an IOS port was being made. They could come out at widely different times, for all we know.

Can't really get too excited about this.  However I will say the ports of Sonic 1 and 2 on the PS Store right now suck balls.

(Console please?)

Edited by Gaming Misfit

Haha, in some ways this is kind of annoying.

I'm wondering if Dash will be released for Android, but at the same time I'm wondering if this will be released for Steam as well as Android.

I guess I'm never satisifed! :D

No music, but it's still awesome!!

idYH7QLUO.gif

The slightly better quality soundtrack will be quite a good selling point for the new version (along with the proper widescreen, spindash etc). So the next footage (trailer) released should at the very least contain a bit of the 'remastered' music.

Edited by -Bender-

Update is on the App store. Mentions unlockable characters! 

WARNING: Saves from the previous versions are incompatible after the update.

• Thumbs Up 5

Skye...

The icon is exactly as it was in your mockup. You damn psychic.. xD

Oh god. You can unlock Tails and Knuckles.

So it was released without fanfare afterall? Geez.

(unless this is another ~red herring~?)

Any chance we can get a short video of what the game 'sounds' like since that 'was' the main reason why people wanted this?

• Thumbs Up 1

Any chance we can get a short video of what the game 'sounds' like since that 'was' the main reason why people wanted this?

I don't remember people saying the sound was the main reason they wanted it.

I thought the overall presentation, extras, etc, and the prospect of other games getting similar quality treatments was.

TAILS AND KNUCKLES IN SONIC 1?! WHY IS THIS NOT ON CONSOLES?!

• Thumbs Up 1

TAILS AND KNUCKLES IN SONIC 1?! WHY IS THIS NOT ON CONSOLES?!

Um...all in good time...?Hopefully...

FUUUUUCK!!!!!NOW I GOTTA PAY! I GOTS TO PAY NOW!

shut_up_and_take_my_ring__by_itshelias94

Wait....If this comes out on Consoles later....WHAT DO I DO?!(will it come as a update or something? Cause if this was a update for IOS devices, then I wouldn't be surprised if consoles just got a Update.)

Edited by Jack Sparrow
  • Thumbs Up 5

Just checked the 360 in the vain hope of a potential upgrade there, looks like it's still wait and see unsuprisingly. Still though looking forward to this when I can get it tomorrow.

Feel the remake!

tumblr_lpney87lTO1ql5ne2o1_400.gif

Anyways, Brits got it first, wibbly wobbly time zones, we just gotta wait our turn over the next 24 hours I HOPE.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just sticking the video on Dropbox now. I recorded myself playing through Green Hill act 1. The sound differences are actually quite noticable. I'll edit when it's finished uploading.

Here ya go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lq7rm4g4mkd9i2n/DSCN0250.AVI

Can definitely see and hear the improvements. Awesome! Thanks.

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles in Sonic 1..............*runs to the bathroom*

Fucking awesome. I love you StealthTax!

Edited by -Bender-