Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

*prays for the option to have Sonic+Knuckles* probably won't be there...

Edited by Jack Sparrow

What if when you unlocked Tails, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 unlocked?

The ultimate easter egg!

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess it's time to apologize to the Sonic Retro Gods, eh? wink.png

Can't wait to play this tomorrow.

More like grovel at their knees and beg for forgiveness smile.png . 

• Thumbs Up 2

Omg! I LOVE the little intro thing, reminds me of Sonic Jam. Virtual box and cartridge, optional region settings with all the box and cart from the different areas. It's just so...*sniff* beautiful..and I ain't even playing yet. Care and attention, how I've missed you in a re-release!

• Thumbs Up 1

More like turn around and say "You wanted us to buy the game to see the recognition that two people most of us don't know got in the game? Look, I can appreciate that they deserve to be thanked, but was it really worth sending several forums into temporary anarchy over?".

Seriously, I'll be insanely pissed if this doesn't come to consoles or PC. iOS and Android just do not work for platformers.

How are you guys playing? The old version is still up on the store and my download says no updates. D=

How are you guys playing? The old version is still up on the store and my download says no updates. D=

Because it's come out on iOS in Britain(/Europe?) already, not in North America.

Yeah, seems to be New Zealand, Australia, most if not all the UK and some of Europe, still a few saying its not up. USA will follow after their stores reset time I imagine. Guesswork tho.

Without a doubt the best version of Sonic 1 ever! (Shame ios has such shitty controls though. Bring me buttons!)

post-2762-0-58666500-1368673017_thumb.jp

post-2762-0-18357500-1368673037_thumb.jp

• Thumbs Up 1

iOS and Android just do not work for platformers.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, Rayman Jungle Run and Sonic CD work really well, at least to me anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

Because it's come out on iOS in Britain(/Europe?) already, not in North America.

fff Europe.

:(

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm hardly going to get any sleep tonight, waiting for the update to hit the US app store. I can't wait! To everyone that has played the game: how does the music sound? Pretty much the same, or a bit more high quality than the original? Also, how well does the control work? I prefer Cd on ios because touch screen controls felt very fluid and accurate to me.Is it similar to the touch screen control in Cd?

If they're coming, and I'd assume rather safely they are, they won't be done by Team Stealth Tax. Sonic CD was handled by a different team using Tax's work as a base. Strong sales are always a good bet for these things though, and Sonic CD performed solidly on PSN, XBLA and Steam.

So it would still be their game, just the port being handled by a different group?

Was CD 2011 handled the same way?

just wondering, when you play in Sonic 2 mode, Tails follows you around right? That include special stages?

This looks proper lush! I echo the sentiment about consoles and PC. I'd snap this up in an instant. Playable Tails and Knux? Easter eggs? Yeeey!

Finished with Sonic, got all Chaos Emeralds too. Going through with Tails now. He can get the Chaos Emeralds too...playing special stages again ugh >.<

Only 7pm here so ill see if I can unlock Knuckles. Trying to get Emeralds with all three to see if anything happens. Been blasting through so haven't noticed too much of the details, noticed Eggmans wrecking ball moving like the video, and some walls come down during the Spring Yard boss, that's new. Getting that secret teleporter achievement in Scrap Brain Zone Act 2 was a bastard tho!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Happy to know that Tails is in this! I've played the Tails in Sonic 1 hack countless times since I love him so much, looks like I'll main him here once again if this comes to PC.

Finished with Sonic, got all Chaos Emeralds too. Going through with Tails now. He can get the Chaos Emeralds too...playing special stages again ugh >.<

Only 7pm here so ill see if I can unlock Knuckles. Trying to get Emeralds with all three to see if anything happens. Been blasting through so haven't noticed too much of the details, noticed Eggmans wrecking ball moving like the video, and some walls come down during the Spring Yard boss, that's new. Getting that secret teleporter achievement in Scrap Brain Zone Act 2 was a bastard tho!!

Your doing God's work son Godspeed!

(cause I really suck at the special stages)

Just updated for iOS. The customizable movable touchpad is a dream come true.

Dunno if anyone's posted this, but there's a glitch that stops special stages rotating! Hit a goal, then press the home button. When you open up the game you be in the pause menu (even though you can't pause at this time) and if you hit restart the stage won't move until you ht an R button.

Fucking love his port! I just can't fault it.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just discovered a whole new route to Marble Zone Act 3, a high route by flying up a wall. Makes it seem whole new level almost. Knuckles could probably get up there too I imagine by climbing the wall. Lots of flying bits tho with airborne obstacles, was awesome to play through. Really custom made with Tails in mind. I've found a few up high secret item boxes not in the original, but this is the first whole new section. Hope I didn't miss any in Green Hill >.<

• Thumbs Up 5

Last night, the boss music didn't play in the Marble boss fight for me... Only played for a split second when I defeated Eggman, then switched back to the regular track. It was just silence except for sound effects throughout the fight. Anyone else had this?

Edited by Super Spindash