Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

To be honest, I wouldn't mind Hidden Palace being restored. Taxman tried to get the original Sonic CD stages restored so...

more stages = more fun

PLUS

I think most of it is finished.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do hope to have knuckles as an secret character, like CD had tails, I mean you could use him using Sonic and Knuckles.

Also will Sonic 1 have the spindash as well, I would not mind to have included like the CD port had it(optional). 

I do hope to have knuckles as an secret character, like CD had tails, I mean you could use him using Sonic and Knuckles.

Also will Sonic 1 have the spindash as well, I would not mind to have included like the CD port had it(optional). 

Screw Knuckles all the fans want Mephiles the Dark in Sonic 1.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't want to be Mr. Killjoy-modin here...

Oh no no...no you aren't killing anything...

0.jpg

We'll kill you instead...

Nah, just kidding

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought that at first but you adjust after awhile. I can rock the Genesis games just as well on a tablet now that I've practiced.

You do adjust and get used to it, but I've been touch-screen gaming on n off for years and it just doesn't compare :/

Every time a good game comes out on phone, I end up just wishing it was on 3DS eShop or Vita PSN instead.

• Thumbs Up 2

So now there can be a port of a remake of a game that's already been ported countless times?

There was nothing wrong with Sonic 1's engine so having it rebuilt seems dumb.

Speed cap when running and rolling.

Collision problems that are worse than Sonic 3's at high speed.

Wonky jumping issues when jumping next to a solid wall.

They could even add spin dash and various other bonus things as options, like they did with the Sonic Jam port of it. Hell, they might even let you play as Tails in Sonic 1, too.

And it's only been ported twice, by the way.

Time Attack mode is pointless; it's literally you playing the game but with it telling you your time at the end. Why wouldn't that feature be integrated into the main game instead of being a separate mode? Leaderboards as I said are nothing to get excited about. Remastered soundtrack is nice but not a selling point.

You know, it wasn't particularly uncommon for people to spend more time playing Time Attack in Sonic CD then actually playing the game. And by that I mean the original, non-leaderboarded version.

• Thumbs Up 7

We're most likely never gonna get a complete Hidden Palace, since SEGA stopped Taxman from giving Sonic CD 2011 Dusty Dunes/Desert Dazzle so the game can resemble the original game, which is a damn shame.

Edited by Auto
  • Thumbs Up 2

Forget Knuckles, dazzle us all with playable Classic Amy. I'd be all for that.

Tie it with Sonic CD if need be, just give us Amy. Could even go the Sonic Advance route and make it the Hard Mode.

• Thumbs Up 3

Forget Knuckles, dazzle us all with playable Classic Amy. I'd be all for that.

Tie it with Sonic CD if need be, just give us Amy. Could even go the Sonic Advance route and make it the Hard Mode.

I'd be 500% behind this, I've always wanted a classic Sonic re-release to get a secret bonus playable Amy.

Any new playable character at all is amazin though.

• Thumbs Up 2

You could also argue controls. I found Sonic CD's touch controls a lot smoother compared to the emulated controls Sonic 1/2 used.

• Thumbs Up 1

We're most likely never gonna get a complete Hidden Palace, since SEGA stopped Taxman from giving Sonic CD 2011 Dusty Dunes/Desert Dazzle so the game can resemble the original game, which is a damn shame.

So much missed potential here it's not even funny.

It wouldn't kill SEGA to release it as DLC... Final Fever too!

• Thumbs Up 4

So much missed potential here it's not even funny.

It wouldn't kill SEGA to release it as DLC... Final Fever too!

You know what would be awesome? They should make Time Eater randomly appear in the background of Green Hill.

• Thumbs Up 1

This port seems interesting, i will like to listend to the arrange sountrack, though the whole widescreen thing feels like a gimick, i dont need a larger screen to enjoy the game, 4:3 is fine with me

Its not really a gimmick as much as it is a modern standard. Widescreen is the norm now, so widescreen support is a given. =p

• Thumbs Up 1

Plus there's nothing bad about seeing more of the stuff going on around you when you're speeding around. Kind of a reverse Sonic 2 8-Bit, if you will.

Though I'm curious how he'll set it up for widescreen, since Sonic 1 had a few sections that were locked to exact screen width.

He needs to do something so we never fall again in that Mystic Cave's pit while in Super Sonic with over 9000 rings (Also double tap transformation)

• Thumbs Up 6

He needs to do something so we never fall again in that Mystic Cave's pit while in Super Sonic with over 9000 rings (Also double tap transformation)

Oh shit I forgot all about that.

Sonic 3 Complete two button Super Sonic activation, plz.

• Thumbs Up 6

And for good measure, make sure the closing sequence of each act can continue without the game freezing because you activated Super Sonic on that part of the screen after you ran past the signpost.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Lol ninja'd by SC herself. but I'll keep it anyways.

supportit.png

C'mon Guys, even the head hancho of Sonic Retro says to support this.

If shes saying to support it for a good reason, then I trust her.

Edited by goku262002

Well that settles it, I'm buying, possibly multiple times. It's not like it'll be expensive.

C'mon Sonic fandom we got this.

The only way I'd even consider buying this is if it came to PSN/XBLA. I'm not buying a smartphone just for these.

I consider Sonic 2 to be the worst of the original Genesis games, but I'm pretty excited to see the Sonic 1 port, especially with the remastered soundtrack.