Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Trying to her under 45 min in the time attack, I remember there being Easter eggs in CD by getting low total times in Time Attack so Ill see if this does anything

Edit: just realised they have disabled the ability to Hirt Eggman as he flies onscreen in Green Hill, you now have to wait for the fight to start

Edited by Jolt_TH

Just finished the game with Tails, collected all the Chaos Emeralds again too. The new animations and sprites at the end of the game with Tails are cute. Mimics Sonic basically, then ends with the Sonic 2 end pose picture when you play as Tails alone (from when he jumps off the biplane) but its integrated well. Then has a demo run the same as Sonic's but with Tails instead.

Don't know if it was beating the game a second time or the fact that i did it with Tails, but it has unlocked Knuckles now too.

Time for a third playthrough and those damn special stages again >.<

Little edit : Like how the Tails title uses his animation from the Sonic 2 opening screen, the Knuckles title screen uses the Sonic 2 & Knuckles opening animation, that kind of 3D looking one.

Double edit : Like how Tails can swim, Knuckles can punch through all the breakable walls, so it seems they each have all of their classic skills from Sonic 3K

Edited by Tenko

Well my impression so far, the visuals look better, everything is crisper and more saturated, Sonics speed seems to be higher and his jump also higher and more responsive, platform ing seems easier because of it, anyone else think this?

Well my impression so far, the visuals look better, everything is crisper and more saturated, Sonics speed seems to be higher and his jump also higher and more responsive, platform ing seems easier because of it, anyone else think this?

Yeah, I think the speed cap's been either removed or reduced. Pretty happy with that.

Yeah the characters do seem to control smoother and a lot faster, could just be our imagination tho.

Also Knuckles lack of jumping skills are back in. Made the Marble Zone boss annoying. But at least it sticks to tradition. Means you have to scale the odd wall instead of jumping up like Sonic and Tails as he can't reach lol

Can Knuckles team up with Sonic or Tails like Tails can team up with Sonic?

Wish there was a way for Tails to carry Sonic while flying, like multiplayer in Sonic 3... or is there?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! OMG!!! Game breaking bug and you can't get past it. >.<

I beat the game with Knuckles with all the Chaos Emeralds and when you watch through the credit roll, it gets up to the part in Labyrinth Zone demo'ing the water tunnels and he dies during the demo. Then it fades to black, runs the demo part again minus the music, and he dies again... it does this till a GAME OVER sign comes up. Shows that the end game demo loop still runs on your lives counter.

Then the best part, if you have continues it comes up with them asks you if you wanna use them. If you do it does it all again. Then if you select nothing and let the time on the continue screen run out. Or use all your continues it takes you back to the main menu. But if you select anything the game crashes, with the exception of trying to start a game. Which if you do it loads up your game and kills you instantly, over and over.

Long story short you can't watch the end game credits with Knuckles. At all. I dunno if that hinders unlocking anything or not. But upon shutting down the app and starting it again there is nothing new unlocked.

And no SuperLink, from what i have done so far, beating the game with all three characters (minus Sonic & Tails together) you can't team up with Knuckles in any way shape or form.

Edit : And in case anyone wonders, to clarify, yes i did try it again after resetting the app since my save on Final Zone with Knuckles is still there, but it just does the same thing every time.

Edited by Tenko
  • Thumbs Up 2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! OMG!!! Game breaking bug and you can't get past it. >.<

I beat the game with Knuckles with all the Chaos Emeralds and when you watch through the credit roll, it gets up to the part in Labyrinth Zone demo'ing the water tunnels and he dies during the demo. Then it fades to black, runs the demo part again minus the music, and he dies again... it does this till a GAME OVER sign comes up. Shows that the end game demo loop still runs on your lives counter.

Then the best part, if you have continues it comes up with them asks you if you wanna use them. If you do it does it all again. Then if you select nothing and let the time on the continue screen run out. Or use all your continues it takes you back to the main menu. But if you select anything the game crashes, with the exception of trying to start a game. Which if you do it loads up your game and kills you instantly, over and over.

Long story short you can't watch the end game credits with Knuckles. At all. I dunno if that hinders unlocking anything or not. But upon shutting down the app and starting it again there is nothing new unlocked.

And no SuperLink, from what i have done so far, beating the game with all three characters (minus Sonic & Tails together) you can't team up with Knuckles in any way shape or form.

I was waiting for this to inevitably come up haha. It's been fixed for android, and will be patched for iOS soon. Really sorry for the derpy bug - one of Knuckles' animation frames had the wrong hit box size.

EDIT: It doesn't however, affect what you can unlock.

Edited by The Taxman
  • Thumbs Up 8

I was waiting for this to inevitably come up haha. It's been fixed for android, and will be patched for iOS soon. Really sorry for the derpy bug - one of Knuckles' animation frames had the wrong hit box size.

EDIT: It doesn't however, affect what you can unlock.

Haha thanks for the reply Taxman. It just gave me a laugh more than anything. Humming along and watching the credits roll a third time and then BAM. I was like man poor Knuckles never gets a break. Gunna run through a Sonic & Tails game then give time trial and the achieves i haven't gotten on my playthroughs after that.

Kudos on the great game btw!! AWESOME work. It looks and plays like a dream, and all the little extras are brilliant. Breathes new life into an old game. I haven't played Sonic 1 this many times in a night before ever, and i am enjoying every second of it. Can't wait for Sonic 2!!

Edited by Tenko

Taxman (along with Stealth) is SEGA Super Hero right now.

The next entry in the series will be Sonic 2, and then please an ultimate Sonic 3 & Knuckles and (finally) Knuckles' Chaotix

I know this was mentioned once already, but just wanted to make it clear that in Marbel Zone Act 3 there is an entire section that has been built brand new specifically for Tails/Knuckles. This is like playing a whole new game! It's not just a new tunnel or shortcut, it's an entire section thats like playing a whole new level. I bloody love this version!

• Thumbs Up 2

God, the more I hear about how awesome this is, it just makes me wanna play it.......................please let this come to consoles.....................

uff...I finished the game using tails, but Knuckles isn't playable yet...how can I unlock him? :(

I haven't enjoyed playing Sonic 1 this much since I was a kid.biggrin.png  

Edited by hypermikey

The amount of work that must have gone in to creating new sections of stages is amazing! Totally unnecessary and yet totally welcome, it feels like more character-specific work has gone into this remake alone than Sonic 4 ever had.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Holy crap, this whole game is a joke now with Tails. xD

Just like Sonic CD eh?

Playing as Tails in that was like Sonic CD: God Mode Edition

Avoid standing on the moving block in SYZ3:

syzblock.png

I want to swear I've had that happen to me in Vanilla Sonic 1, but I don't think I was doing that when it did.

I'm playing as Tails right now, so I can't check, so I'm gonna ask here.

Can Sonic do the Super Peel-Out in this version, or was I dreaming? xD I swear I remember doing it in Green Hill, but there's a slight chance I was just dreaming.

Edited by Super Spindash

Wait wait wait, when did this come out?  I can't find it on the Play store on my Nexus.  I'm in the UK mind.

Wait wait wait, when did this come out?  I can't find it on the Play store on my Nexus.  I'm in the UK mind.

It's not out on Android yet, it might be later today though.

Soooooooo... any chance of seeing this on Windows Phone in the near future?

I am so jealous of iOS users right now. =P

I want to swear I've had that happen to me in Vanilla Sonic 1, but I don't think I was doing that when it did.

That sort of thing happened all the time in the Classics, especially S3 alone. But Stealth said he's fixed it now anyway.