Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Just beat the game as Tails... I figure beating it with the S&T combo unlocks Knuckles?

But anyways, having Tails following me in Sonic 1... feels SO. DAMN. WEIRD. xD

Has anyone tried entering the debug mode code, or any of the other codes on the title screen yet? I wonder if they've added any new ones similar to how they added more in Sonic CD?

Has anyone tried entering the debug mode code, or any of the other codes on the title screen yet? I wonder if they've added any new ones similar to how they added more in Sonic CD?

Due to the way the new menus work, I don't think the level select or debug codes are even possible.

Ahh, It's just that I saw a title screen that featured Sonic and Tails in the logo, and I figured you may be able to enter them there. I didn't think they'd do the original actions, as that may bugger up achievements, but I thought they might add in little easter eggs or something of that sort.

That sort of thing happened all the time in the Classics, especially S3 alone. But Stealth said he's fixed it now anyway.

I meant in that specific area in that specific level. I always assumed it was just the really wonky collision detection that Sonic 1 has at times; but if they fixed it (like they did with Sonic CD's similar problems) then I wonder what's up.

Boink.

Edit: Oh my! You can really hear that remastered OST with this video.

Edit: HOLY CRAP! That special stage!

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, what, hold on, that menu music. I know it from somewhere!??!

Sega M2 PSN/XBLA ports.

Wow. The changes in the special stage smoothness are just as big as the ones in the Sonic CD port.

I meant in that specific area in that specific level. I always assumed it was just the really wonky collision detection that Sonic 1 has at times; but if they fixed it (like they did with Sonic CD's similar problems) then I wonder what's up.

Nothing's up. Stealth said he'd fixed it now and it'll be done whenever the game is updated.

Also, can you play as Knuckles and Tails in Time Attack? I've unlocked them both, but can't see if it's possible.

Lovely little Easter Egg is that! I just tried it out:

miles.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Possible easter egg

Play as Sonic & Tails.

Hold UP.

Jump

Someone tell us what/if anything this does

Possible easter egg

Play as Sonic & Tails.

Hold UP.

Jump

Someone tell us what/if anything this does

Holy shit, they do the 69 move from Sonic 4!

Nah, just kidding.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Boink.

Edit: Oh my! You can really hear that remastered OST with this video.

Edit: HOLY CRAP! That special stage!

... Welp, I'm sold. It's so nice to see that this is not even remotely meh.

... Welp, I'm sold. It's so nice to see that this is not even remotely meh.

You doubted the Taxman (raises eyebrow)

• Thumbs Up 2

HogFather I just...love you *_*

Well I am wearing my Yellow stockings.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, this just gets better and better: 

Up + Jump in S2 mode will make Tails fly, and by proxy allows him to carry Sonic:

flyinga.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 7

Nothing's up. Stealth said he'd fixed it now and it'll be done whenever the game is updated.

Also, can you play as Knuckles and Tails in Time Attack? I've unlocked them both, but can't see if it's possible.

Lovely little Easter Egg is that! I just tried it out:

miles.png

Hehe, that's pretty cool! Was it confirmed that this would update the XBLA and PSN versions of the game? I'd like to give this one a spin. No pun intended.

Aight, so I'm playing it now, and this is easily the best version of Sonic 1 to date. Taxman and Stealth, you two have gone far beyond what is necessary to simply make a decent port, and have instead breathed new life into an old game while still very much maintaining everything we loved about it initially. For that you deserve to be commended. Cheers to a job very, very well done.

I would gladly buy a console version of this.

• Thumbs Up 1

still can't unlock Knuckles.... I've beaten the game with tails solo and sonic+tails, but the echidna is still unplayable...don't tell me I have to collect the chaos emeralds, I hate those stages more than everything else

So Tails CAN carry Sonic.

I asked this earlier and no one replied. Nice to find out he actually can. xD

still can't unlock Knuckles.... I've beaten the game with tails solo and sonic+tails, but the echidna is still unplayable...don't tell me I have to collect the chaos emeralds, I hate those stages more than everything else

I think that's exactly what you have to do. I collected all the Emeralds and unlocked both Tails and Knuckles on my first time completing Final Zone.