Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

I got my total time attack time to about 35 mins, and done nothing, so it's either 30 mins or nothing :L

Edit: So happy, ranked 1st in Spring Yard Act 3 time attack! And I'm rubbish at competitive speed running :')

Edited by Jolt_TH

You have to get all the emeralds to unlock Knuckles? No thanks. 

Edited by Solkia

Boink.

Edit: Oh my! You can really hear that remastered OST with this video.

Edit: HOLY CRAP! That special stage!

Wow that special stage is super smooth.

I think that's exactly what you have to do. I collected all the Emeralds and unlocked both Tails and Knuckles on my first time completing Final Zone. 

oh gosh, I don't remember, do I have to hit the golden ring in act 1 or 3 for the emerald? 

...I think I'll never play as Knuckles T-T

oh gosh, I don't remember, do I have to hit the golden ring in act 1 or 3 for the emerald? 

...I think I'll never play as Knuckles T-T

You must finish either Act 1 or 2 with 50+ rings, and then jump into the giant ring before the signpost stops spinning.

You only get 10 chances throughout the game though (Act 1 and Act 2 in the first five zones), as giant rings won't appear in Scrap Brain.

Assuming you manage to get and hold onto 50 rings on every single Act 1/2, you can fail four special stage attempts before it becomes impossible to get all the emeralds.

Edited by JezMM

Don't forget you can restart the special stages in this version, so they're a lot more forgiving. And if the restart button in blanked out (no lives left) just select exit and when you start the game up again you'll be back in the special stage.

ok...SEGA, add the option to buy Knux for 1 dollar, so I kill 2 birds with one stone: I don't become mad with those special stage with iOS controls and fund SEGA even more to encourage more classic remixes

Don't forget you can restart the special stages in this version, so they're a lot more forgiving. And if the restart button in blanked out (no lives left) just select exit and when you start the game up again you'll be back in the special stage.

cool :o, I see the light at the end of the tunnel luckily sleep.png

Game is perfect. Definite version of Sonic 1 by far. Thanks Taxman.

"Remastered exclusively for mobiles"

And with SCD music. Piss off SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 7

*actually watches trailer*

So... no XBLA, PSN, Steam or Wii U Ware?

And so it begins...

I was about to comment on the "exclusively for mobile" thing.

iOS and Android users, please take refuge in the jealousy protection center... I can hear the console and PC guys right now... HURRY WE'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT AAAAAAA -stormed with angry comments-

EDIT: Oh god, reading those YouTube comments is pissing me off already. No one is even acknowledging that there's effort this time; one person even said "so it's Sonic Genesis GBA all over again".

-sigh-

also a comment saying "please make out on 3ds to"

...that's what she said.

Edited by Super Spindash

Ehhh, where have you guys been? This port was made exclusively for the mobile devices and always has been. SEGA never said it will be available to consoles. Why are you telling SEGA to piss off or you're shocked I don't know.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

The best version yet, but not coming to anything, but stinking smart phones.... well thats extremely annoying, I dont like smart phones anyways

From Sonic Retro:

I suspect they're already planning a console port, but waiting until they've got all the kinks worked out on iOS/Android. After Sonic CD got mobile updates but not console updates when it needed them, it would absolutely make sense if SEGA wants to get it right the first time.

Let's hope that this is what will happen.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Ehhh, where have you guys been? This port was made exclusively for the mobile devices and always has been. SEGA never said it will be available to consoles. Why are you telling SEGA to piss off or you're shocked I don't know.

Because we are people. People do that.

Because people were, quite reasonably, holding out hope for console/PC versions. CD was developed as a mobile game by Taxman and ported by Blit (on SEGA's behalf) to other platforms, so I don't see why the case should be any different here. This game is, without a shadow of a doubt, the absolute definitive version of Sonic 1. And yet despite it's huge appeal to those who actually give a shit about the remastered soundtrack, extra characters and other fixes, it's limited to systems dominated by a more casual market. Systems that many Sonic fans and other gamers don't enjoy playing games on.

So yeah, I think we have good reason to be a bit upset.

But there's a difference between this and CD. SEGA announced CD to come on consoles along with mobiles. This time they didn't.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset or pissed about this port not coming to consoles, but you know from the very start that SEGA only announced this for mobiles, there was no hint what so ever that it will arrive on consoles...

But to be pissed now when they released the trailer today with "exclusive to mobiles" message baffles me. It's like news to you.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

Aye, this port's too good to be mobile exclusive. It's the best way to play Sonic 1 there is- few bugs, great audio, spindash, Tails, Knuckles, yada yada yada. So let's just keep letting SEGA know there's money in console/PC versions. 

But there's a difference between this and CD. SEGA announced CD to come on consoles along with mobiles. This time they didn't.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset or pissed, but you know from the very first that SEGA only announced this for mobiles, there was no hint what so ever that it will arrive on consoles...

So to be pissed when they released the trailer today with "exclusive to mobiles" message baffles me. It's like news to you.

Technically SEGA didn't announce the game in the first place. Especially considering the update dropped last night with no one knowing it was going to do so.

They never said it wouldn't come to consoles. If SEGA said that in the first place, obviously we wouldn't be surprised now. It's not like none of us don't keep up with these things.

I'm just going to assume "Remastered exclusively for mobile" refers to how the controls are made for mobile, and that, on a technical level, a console-centric version would have different controls...i.e. different so therefore "exclusive". I dunno...just trying to keep the hopes up...

Edited by Mykonos

So I just watched the Sonic 1 CD trailer and... something caught my eye.

At around the 30 second mark.... What is that move tails does? it looks like some kind of bounce attack? Whilst you don't see the jump, the fall to the ground looks so much faster than it does normally. Is this just something thats been done in the edit or does he have some kind of extra move?