Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Okay, just finished a very quick playthrough of Sonic 1. I am very tired and need zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yep it's really good. Got 3 chaos emeralds (I know that's dreadful, but really tired.......). The special stages did catch me out once or twice, but it doesn't seem any harder than the original version. It plays beautifully. The spindash is a god send and allows you to rape through Starlight zone. The remastered music in Spring Yard and Starlight Zone sounds magical.

Well, I have unlocked Tails so I look forward to exploring the shit out of the levels.

35mp5ia.jpg

£2.35 a bargin for such an excellent mobile game. Thankyou Stealthtax.

Goodnight!

I loved that they actually included new high-up monitors for Tails and Knuckles. <3

And whole new sections of levels, only seen it in Marble Zone and Labyrinth Zone personally, but who knows there may be others. I love the recognition to the old secret routes in Labyrinth and Scrap Brain in the achievements too!

laugh.png

On a similar note, my prediction that Sega wouldn't use the Retro Engine again now seems to be rather hilarious in hindsight...

Lies. Lies and slander! I dunno where you quoted that from, but I certainly never said such a thing. When I click on it,

• Thumbs Up 3

Now all we need is Silver in Sonic 1, so we can pick up Eggman's wrecking ball and throw it at his widescreen optimized moustache!

Nah, no silver, but additional classic characters would be fun, like Classic Vector, Mighty, and espio(they all showed up in Knuckles Chaotix), they should totaly add them into S3&K XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Downloaded the heck outta this on my Android laugh.png Always great when Android users get some love! I love the presentation to bits, and it's so smooth too, even on my almost 3 year old phone!

Thank you Taxman! If only all Sonic ports were of this fantastic quality!

I still long for a console version, playing Sonic 1 in widescreen with this sound, framerate and picture quality on an HD system would be heavenly. I can already see myself appreciating Sonic 1 far more than I used to.

Edited by SuperLink

YKRp8Vi.jpg

uoimKT8.jpgGKytRJW.jpg

Excuse the dust, but besides that, I am ready to play as Emperor Prower and the man that hugs trees. Also, I got the Moga controller during a christmas sale, it was $5 (normally $50).

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 3

Because some of us will never get to play this version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAG-A5mpHUM

... .. ... .. .And one of those is me... .. ... .... .. *shakes fist at a flower*

Though I really wanna see these new sections.

Can someone test something out for me?

Start up one of the zones, find a safe spot and just stand there... let the time hit 9:59 just to see if theres any hidden easter eggs?

• Thumbs Up 3

R8TR5MA.png

I'd normally have 4 emeralds by now but the special stages are kicking my ass. I need more training...and I really wish I was able to record videos off of this.

How do you people even remember what music that Mega/Gems Collection used in the menus?

D:

The better question is

How don't you?

• Thumbs Up 5

They did the "save stuck at final level once you beat the game" thing AGAIN?

Ugh.

I know it's a nitpick but I just HATE that. S3&K did it better.

Ugh, finally. took me for-fucking-ever to catch up.

Did you guys miss what GeneHF said? this is a brilliant idea keeping it for phones first! remember, SCD2011 was released for everything at the same time (almost, PC delay and all) but the bug reports came in and while the bugs were fixed for mobile ports, the consoles are now left with these bugs due to MS charging up the ass prices for a patch and whatever the hell reason why PS version wasn't patched. 

>Keep it exclusive for mobiles for a bit
>Taxman and Stealth get bug reports from fans and they go patch them up for free
>Send a bug fixed version out later to SEGA
>SEGA takes that version and sends it out for console/PC porting
>End result: we get the definitive version at a later date with bug fixes!

We may have to wait a bit but I believe these will get ported to consoles, the potentional profit in porting these definitive versions are there, we are yelling and demanding for it. but I don't want these same bugs you guys are reporting now on a later version that probably wouldn't have a chance to get patched I'd rather have to wait a bit and get a bug-free version.  

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 7

Because some of us will never get to play this version...

tfNjmTt.png

I think it's time to move up the world Hogfather, don't worry we will hold a charity ball to get Iphones and Android devices for the children of the world to play Sonic 1.

Joking aside, I'm still hopeful somewhere down the line this will come to consoles so everyone can play the game.

Also, I seriously hope you guys are playing this game with style on your TVs:

130516-213549_zpsbd54719c.jpg

130516-213642_zpsbfc1ee51.jpg

130516-213805_zps349dc89c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Seeing virtual buttons on a TV screen is really weird. O_O

Playing it is even weirder, I honestly don't why I didn't think of this back when Sonic CD came out in '11.

It's like my own makeshift Wii U.

Fuck everything *shotgun to head*

ERxmo5x.png

6NQhRP4.png

ZMV3WE1.png

Mkqkmkf.png

Edited by King Sombrero

Fuck everything *shotgun to head*

ERxmo5x.png6NQhRP4.png

Someone has a termite hoard up their ass...

You know, I sort of agree with the sentiment that the spin dash doesn't really belong in Sonic 1, but I would never in a million years try to claim that the game is somehow less for having it. Mostly, I just wish more people would learn to appreciate the basic rolling attack like I do, and enabling people to keep relying on the spin dash all the time gets in the way of that.

That's just my personal feeling, though. No need to pay it any mind.

• Thumbs Up 3

Only played through Green Hill so far yesterday morning. It seems all good and well, although sadly for all the tweaks and additions, I can never see it as the definitive version until it gets ported to something with physical buttons. :/

Also, how do you unlock Tails and Knuckles? Just finishing the game?

On one final side note... god dammit Sega, how many more times will you make me suffer through the Sonic 1 special stages? mellow.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Tails, Sonic & Tails = Finish the game

Knuckles = Finish the game with all the Chaos Emeralds