Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Bit more information from the guy at NeoGAF that posted the two screenshots:

So it sounds like there's a Sonic 3 mode, down to each Elemental Shield having designated spots in each of the levels as replacements for the regular Shield, as well as the fact that it's actually got programming for getting a 7th Chaos Emerald from the Special Stages. Get cracking on finding out if this is normally possible, everyone!

Holy shit, I don't think people should ignore this because this is pretty immense!

So.. if I'm getting this straight;

• The game is programmed with the ability to somehow get 7 Chaos Emeralds? At which point you can use Super Sonic!
  • The elemental shields have programmed positions within the game

Is that right?

It kinda feels to me like this is too planned to simply be leftover data, maybe there's a way to unlock this properly? Possibly lock-on with Sonic 2 or a possible future Sonic 3? I hope people can discover the proper method to unlock it! Very interesting stuff :D

so i have the game now on my galaxy S3...but it runs super slow! D= don't know why it does that...it's like playing the european original sonic 1, wich also ran in slow motion.

Ok guys i have just worked out how to do the level select and extras ( there is alot smile.png  taxman you legend you... ) how do i spoiler on these forums? 

also for you international people using a apple device. try beat my 22.90 green hill act1 smile.png

Ok guys i have just worked out how to do the level select and extras ( there is alot smile.png  taxman you legend you... ) how do i spoiler on these forums? 

also for you international people using a apple device. try beat my 22.90 green hill act1 smile.png

Use tags like this:

[spoiler]Text goes here[/spoiler]

Dammit! I just came here to post that! tongue.png

Using an Xperia Play with access to actual real buttons, you can do the following:

2ediIKq.png

qMjpt3C.png

...I..Just...I

• Thumbs Up 1

Not once you've hit the goal you can't. And there's an additional glitch in resetting after hitting the goal that stops the stage from rotating until you hit one of the speed up/down buttons (depending on which speed it was at before you restarted).

Really? I'm pretty sure I've been able to restart it even if I touched the goal, I just hit pause and then pause again and I can go back. And consider me intrigue by that Sonic 3 mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok totally forgot how i accessed it for while then lol. i tried so many different combinations i forgot which one worked.. 

select a no save file, choose sonic only. much like the miles trick ( AGES ) type S E G A and you will hear a chime. when the "sonic team presents" screen comes up tap the screen and keep you finger pressed down. when the title screen comes up with your other hand tap and hold. you will be taken to the level select screen where you can add the 7th emerald ( super sonic! ) and add the elemental shields and instashield for sonic. took me awhile to figure it out! nice job taxman

have fun guys

edited method 

Edited by Blakes1986
  • Thumbs Up 1

Heres a spoiler version if you want to edit your post.

ApLwCte.png

How to do the level select.

select a no save file, choose sonic only. much like the miles trick ( AGES ) type S E G A and you will hear a chime. when the "sonic team presents" screen comes up tap the screen and keep you finger pressed down. when the title screen comes up with your other hand tap like mad lol. you will be taken to the level select screen where you can add the 7th emerald ( super sonic! ) and add the elemental shields and instashield for sonic.

Ok totally forgot how i accessed it for while then lol. i tried so many different combinations i forgot which one worked.. 

[spoiler]select a no save file, choose sonic only. much like the miles trick ( AGES ) type S E G A and you will hear a chime. when the "sonic team presents" screen comes up tap the screen and keep you finger pressed down. when the title screen comes up with your other hand tap like mad lol. you will be taken to the level select screen where you can add the 7th emerald ( super sonic! ) and add the elemental shields and instashield for sonic. took me awhile to figure it out! nice job taxman[/spoiler]

have fun guys

Edit.. i cant spoiler.. 

Haha! They added the original opening credits hidden in the Sonic Team screen!

No luck yet. This is harder than trying to get the Sonic 3 level select to work!unsure.png

Heres a spoiler version if you want to edit your post.

How to do the level select.

select a no save file, choose sonic only. much like the miles trick ( AGES ) type S E G A and you will hear a chime. when the "sonic team presents" screen comes up tap the screen and keep you finger pressed down. when the title screen comes up with your other hand tap like mad lol. you will be taken to the level select screen where you can add the 7th emerald ( super sonic! ) and add the elemental shields and instashield for sonic.

Ooh fantastic! If this works, I wonder if it's the proper method to get it working, or if there's a more "unlocked" method of getting it rather than through cheats.

EDIT: JUST TRIED IT, IT WORKS.

Edited by SuperLink

ok guys instead of the "tapping like crazy part" just hold the second finger down

have edited my original method 

Edited by Blakes1986

Just a question... How do you switch on the instashield and elemental shields?

Edited by Super Spindash

Just to clarify, tap each letter of SEGA then hold the screen on the "Sonic Team Presents" screen, then hold another finger on the title screen. Simple really & I've been trying to crack this for a while now

tongue.png

Edited by hypermikey

So uh, some questions, dunno if anyone can answer them;

• Does the 07 Emeralds thing give you 7 Emeralds right away, or just enable you to get 7 Emeralds in stages?
  • Under items, what doe S1+S3 do, or S2+S3?
  • Any way to unlock Sonic 3 stuff normally without cheats?

Also, the method I used is, when the SEGA words have properly appeared (like after they've done the WHOOSH WHOOSH thing) tap them in the S E G A order. Then when it says "Sonic Team Presents", tap the screen once quickly and let go, then right after you let go press and hold. Then when the title screen appears, mash the touch screen with your other hand.. that's kinda how it worked for me.

Just a question... How do you switch on the instashield and elemental shields?

just select air SPD cap and GND SPD cap. thats what i did. items make sure its selected s2+s3

Got it! Awesome! Also woot instashield.

Edited by Tracker_TD

just select air SPD cap and GND SPD cap. thats what i did. items make sure its selected s2+s3

Oh right, I thought that was the speedcap, haha.

So uh, some questions, dunno if anyone can answer them;

• Does the 07 Emeralds thing give you 7 Emeralds right away, or just enable you to get 7 Emeralds in stages?
  •  
  • Under items, what doe S1+S3 do, or S2+S3?
  •  
  • Any way to unlock Sonic 3 stuff normally without cheats?
  •  

Also, the method I used is, when the SEGA words have properly appeared (like after they've done the WHOOSH WHOOSH thing) tap them in the S E G A order. Then when it says "Sonic Team Presents", tap the screen once quickly and let go, then right after you let go press and hold. Then when the title screen appears, mash the touch screen with your other hand.. that's kinda how it worked for me.

no you have to collect the emeralds ( i tried 50 rings and nothing happened i could be wrong ) S1 means sonic 1 boxes S2 is sonic 2 and S3 is sonic3 boxes ( ele shields ) no way to unlock them other then that way atm. just started testing codes

Oh right, I thought that was the speedcap, haha.

i think your right i left them set to "off" and then just selected the s2+s3 under items and i had the instashield

im learning this as im working it out

Edited by Blakes1986

no you have to collect the emeralds ( i tried 50 rings and nothing happened i could be wrong ) S1 means sonic 1 boxes S2 is sonic 2 and S3 is sonic3 boxes ( ele shields ) no way to unlock them other then that way atm. just started testing codes

So wait what's the difference between Sonic 1 boxes and Sonic 2 boxes? I thought both games had more or less the same boxes.

So wait what's the difference between Sonic 1 boxes and Sonic 2 boxes? I thought both games had more or less the same boxes.

the shields and invincibility have sonic 2 animations :)