Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

I have Xbox controllers, but I have no idea how to get them to work with Android :S not to mention they have awful D-Pads so it's not like it'd be much better than playing with a touch screen.

Hah, I myself noticed the "GOTTA GO FAST" thing on the very first flyer thingy. :P

I have Xbox controllers, but I have no idea how to get them to work with Android :S not to mention they have awful D-Pads so it's not like it'd be much better than playing with a touch screen.

You have to get an "on the go" cable which reverses the polarity of the... USB stick... biggrin.png

No, really. It plugs into the socket of the Android device and leaves a reverse USB port to stick the controller into.

I have two controllers; one XBox and one that looks like a Playstation one. They've worked fine for me with PC Sonic CD, Sonic 4 etc.

Edited by MamboCat

You can use a Wii remote via blue tooth. Better still, you can adjust the size and opacity of the on-screen buttons in this game, so they can actually be totally invisible.

You can use a Wii remote via blue tooth. Better still, you can adjust the size and opacity of the on-screen buttons in this game, so they can actually be totally invisible.

I don't have a problem with the onscreen button images really, I just find touch screen controls to be inaccurate and frustrating compared to D-Pads.

But hmm, if I can get that to work I just need to figure out how to hook my Android up to the TV :P

Oh jeez. The odds of tons of scrapped material making it into the Sonic 2 port must be high by this point.

Hype cannon loaded and ready.

I don't have a problem with the onscreen button images really, I just find touch screen controls to be inaccurate and frustrating compared to D-Pads.

But hmm, if I can get that to work I just need to figure out how to hook my Android up to the TV tongue.png

I know what you mean. I was just saying that if you hook up a controller you can make the on-screen controller disappear

• Thumbs Up 1

I know what you mean. I was just saying that if you hook up a controller you can make the on-screen controller disappear

Ohh ok, gotcha!

Here's something I just thought of:

Presuming a Sonic 3&K port is up next after Sonic 2, what if Taxman/Stealth do what SEGA wanted to do back in the 90s, and stitch them both together, giving us Sonic 3 & Knuckles as default without lock-on?

• Thumbs Up 2

Presuming a Sonic 3&K port is up next after Sonic 2, what if Taxman/Stealth do what SEGA wanted to do back in the 90s, and stitch them both together, giving us Sonic 3 & Knuckles as default without lock-on?

I'd imagine there'd be these options in a menu of some sort.

Sonic 3 alone, where you can only play as Sonic, Tails and Sonic & Tails, with the S3 soundtrack and such.

Sonic & Knuckles alone, where you can only play as Sonic and Knuckles, with the S&K soundtrack.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, where you can play as all four, and maybe the S3 soundtrack (considering most prefer that boss theme and everything).

If you have Sonic 1 as well, maybe they could even put in an option to play Blue Sphere. Unlikely though.

Edited by Super Spindash

That's kind of what I'm assuming will happen if they do go onto S3&K, or at least they'll do something a la Sonic 3 Complete (the hack) and add options to play the full version of Sonic 3, or separate versions of the two games.

Yeah, cos if you think about it, lock-on to previous games is gonna be pretty redundant, as I'd imagine Knuckles'll be in Sonic 2 now.

Still, needs to be announced first. With Sonic 1 doing as well as it has as far as new sales goes, SEGA might be pretty content to let them go nuts on the other MD games.

If S3K does happen, I hope to God there's a soundtrack option.

• Thumbs Up 6

There should be a "Replace every level theme with Knuckles' S3 theme" one. Just to troll people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was thinking the same thing. 

Does it matter who you collect all the emeralds with to unlock Knuckles, or does it have to be specifically Sonic/Tails/Sonic&Tails/a combination of the above?

Does it matter who you collect all the emeralds with to unlock Knuckles, or does it have to be specifically Sonic/Tails/Sonic&Tails/a combination of the above?

People have reported unlocking him with Tails, so that definitely works. I unlocked Knuckles and Tails at the same time by completing Sonic's game with all the Emeralds on my first try. So I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter.

Edited by Blue Blood

People have reported unlocking him with Tails, so that definitely works. I unlocked Knuckles and Tails at the same time by completing Sonic's game with all the Emeralds on my first try. So I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter.

Excellent, thanks. I'm playing through with Tails now and have all the emeralds, I just didn't know if I'd have to go back and do it again with Sonic as well.

ugh.. was currently first on act 1 GHZ time trial, tho just got beat by someone who beat the level in under a second. there should be a report option on gamecenter leader boards. 

ugh.. was currently first on act 1 GHZ time trial, tho just got beat by someone who beat the level in under a second. there should be a report option on gamecenter leader boards. 

People can legitimately get those times right now due to the fact that debug mode remains enabled. It's an oversight.

Amy? Meh.

I want to play as Robotnik, so the classic Sonic games can be a dissertation on the duality of man.

• Thumbs Up 4

People can legitimately get those times right now due to the fact that debug mode remains enabled. It's an oversight.

you think that they will fix this? thought debug was only avail through no save. 

Has anybody else encountered a glitch when playing with Tails, particularly on Labyrinth Zone? Basically you're underwater and the drowning sequence kicks in, but then you emerge above the surface, and the countdown stops... but that dreaded music, it keeps on playing! And then when it's finished (luckily it doesn't cause you to spontaneously choke on oxygen), the level music doesn't kick in again, so you're in complete silence aside from sound effects. 'Tis strange.

I don't really have the time to catch up with the past 20+ pages, but I have two questions: What's the save feature like? Like Sonic 3 where I can go back and collect the emeralds whenever I want or does it just save whatever level I'm at and I can continue from there, but not go back?

Were the seventh emerald and Super Sonic added?

Has anybody else encountered a glitch when playing with Tails, particularly on Labyrinth Zone? Basically you're underwater and the drowning sequence kicks in, but then you emerge above the surface, and the countdown stops... but that dreaded music, it keeps on playing! And then when it's finished (luckily it doesn't cause you to spontaneously choke on oxygen), the level music doesn't kick in again, so you're in complete silence aside from sound effects. 'Tis strange.

I had this kinda thing happen in the Marble boss fight. Got to Eggman, Marble's music faded out, no boss music. Only silence apart from SFX. Landed the final hit, boss music kicks in for a matter of milliseconds, then switches back to the Marble one like it should when you defeat the boss. It was weird. o_o

I don't really have the time to catch up with the past 20+ pages, but I have two questions: What's the save feature like? Like Sonic 3 where I can go back and collect the emeralds whenever I want or does it just save whatever level I'm at and I can continue from there, but not go back?

Were the seventh emerald and Super Sonic added?

Autosaves when you finish an act, can't go back. There's a Time Attack mode if you want to play a certain act, though.

7th Emerald and Super Sonic can be found in Debug Mode, but not in the regular game. Only six emeralds and no super form.