Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

It's so unlikely but I want playable Amy so badly, I've played Sonic 2 as the other classic characters plenty of times before so I kinda want a fresh way of playing through it tbh.

• Thumbs Up 2

After bad other handheld ports of Sonic games I'm glad the tax man ones are coming out for iOS and android. I take my iPad with me a lot as well as my 3ds and I'd rather play sonic on the iPad ( minus generations 3ds of course lol ). I also am waiting for ANY news on a Sonic 3&K to be remastered.

It's so unlikely but I want playable Amy so badly, I've played Sonic 2 as the other classic characters plenty of times before so I kinda want a fresh way of playing through it tbh.

Oh yes, me too. I've played the Amy hacks and they're fun to play, but some of the bosses are really really tough since they're designed to be jumped on, not smacked with a hammer! :D I'm wondering if an official playable Amy would just be a reskin, and not using the fancy moves she has in the hacks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

*Bump*

You might like this.

TSSZ did a recent poll asking the question: 'In the wake that SEGA confirmed (at Sonic Boom) they had no plans to re-release Sonic 3&K (with StealthTax love), have you changed your plans to purchase Sonic 2?'

Tristan did an article regarding the results of the poll. The first comment in his article was from none other than Stealth. This is what he said:

"That’s an interesting way to interpret the phrase “no plans.

To say that it’s indicative that nothing will ever happen is a stretch; to call it a “decision” is an outright lie. If they were to have made a decision, that would constitute a “plan”, would it not?

We’re all busy right now. Obviously Iizuka-san and the rest of Sonic Team are deep into handling Lost World, and Taxman and I have enough to deal with at the moment. Working out fine details about what happens next is just not top priority; we have more immediate concerns. That’s the simple fact- nobody is committed to anything at all, not even not doing something. That’s just how these things work.

Whoever asked that question at Sonic Boom should have taken this into consideration; putting Iizuka-san on-the-spot to answer something like that at this point and in front of everyone was just disrespectful and impatient. Even Aaron was aware of that as evidenced by the fact that he attempted to deflect the question and pointed out that it may not be appropriate to ask the on-stage Sonic Team members (Although Sonic Team are involved, Taxman and I are working with the mobile division of Sega America). This flows directly to another point- Sonic 2 was not “announced”; indication that we were even considering doing Sonic 2 was leaked by someone at GDC and published by Android Police. From there, everyone else just went with it. Given that Sonic 1 wasn’t even complete at the time, and therefore, no work could reasonably have been expected have begun on Sonic 2, it was inappropriate for that information to be made publicly available. These things are taken very seriously by businesses themselves, the media, and consumers, so you just don’t do that, and that’s something to bear in mind when speculating what any little thing means as far as the future is concerned.

I do want to thank those who are showing support, though. I should. also say that I can appreciate the sentiment behind some people’s disappointment and anger, because Sonic 3 (and Knuckles) is a good game in its own right, and the fact that our work is regarded so highly by some people is pretty awesome. There’s just a lot to consider, and nothing has actually happened which really calls for either of those emotions"

Stealth is correct in that SEGA had to say 'no plans' at the time.

Anyway, really looking forward to Sonic 2. Hopefully we will hear something about it before the end of the year.

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 4 weeks later...

I take it there is still no word to patch (or release as a separate title) the Sonic 1 and 2 Taxman remasters to XBLA/PSN?

As cool as the sonic 1 port is, touch screen controls are never good

Unfortunately no.. might have to wait a while for that one. Maybe until the remaining 8th gen consoles are out so SEGA have an excuse to re-release it again.

I don't think the XBLA and PSN versions of Sonic 1 will be patched.

I take it there is still no word to patch (or release as a separate title) the Sonic 1 and 2 Taxman remasters to XBLA/PSN?

Nope, no word. As seen earlier in this thread there is ways of connecting an Android to a HD monitor and using a classic controller; but there's no port solidified for console or Steam as of yet. Really, I'd just let it go; it's pretty clear by now it probably won't happen.

Edited by Super Spindash

No word as of yet.

l love having Sonic 1 on my android, but I agree it's just not the same as playing it on a console with a game controller. SEGA is really pushing mobile releases lately, so I wouldn't put it past them to keep it exclusive to mobile devices.   

I agree with SuperLink that maybe Sonic Team will wait until PS4 and Xbox One are released before porting it to those respective systems. Sonic 1 (android) hasn't received a new update since July, so I think Stealth and Taxman are finished with Sonic 1.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

...No doubt 'bout it.

So, a Winter release, before the year is over? I'm placing my bets on 15th - 30th December. Somewhere around there.

EDIT: ACTUALLY...

I'm more than a little excited to get my hands on it when it launches next month.

...November? Holy crap, they really have been hiding this. Guess it was started as soon as S1 was finished.

Edited by Yandere Amy

Since PS4/XB0 won't be backwards compatible with PSN/XBLA-games i, really hope theese remasters will come to the next generation consoles.

Edited by Michael Myers

When are we getting these on consoles wahhhh

I don't even have an iOS or any phone older than 2005 so I can't support these if I wanted to.

• Thumbs Up 4

Why aren't we getting this on consoles?

Also you know the drill guys, buy these and good things happen for the franchise! I wonder if Retro will come over and tell us again..........

Also you know the drill guys, buy these and good things happen for the franchise! I wonder if Retro will come over and tell us again..........

You know guys you really should buy this!

px.png   

"Guess Who, on 27 March 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

px.png

Scarred Sun, on 26 March 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

px.png

GeneHF, on 26 March 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

I posted this on Stadium, I'll post it here.
 Even though this is Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 all over again, I strongly urge everyone to support this release. Just trust me on this one."

^ Remember this post on Retro tongue.png  
Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 5

By the bells of station sqaure! Give me these for my Vita! Or 3DS... and I can borrow somebody's 3DS to play it.

I would if I could. For what it's worth, if I ever do get an iOS, Sonic 1/2/CD are the first things I'm buying. But an iPhone is not exactly in my plans within the foreseeable future.

That was figured that it was coming to android but thanks for finding it anyways Shadz.

Most likely SEGA is waiting on both the PS4 and XBO to release in order to get these on consoles.

Edited by goku262002

Hello. o/

I don't think we need to do that again, because hopefully the quality of Sonic 1 gave people an idea what to expect for Sonic 2.

But it still stands, and it ain't just "Sonic 3" like certain people will have you believe. Why get excited about Sonic 3K?

Again, I would love to buy these and show my support, but I don't have a smart phone or tablet and don't want or need one. Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to afford it and I think those things are well overpriced.

Would love Sonic 1 and 2 updates on consoles. I bought Sonic CD on Xbox 360 and loved the updates compared to the Mega CD game.

Hello. o/

I don't think we need to do that again, because hopefully the quality of Sonic 1 gave people an idea what to expect for Sonic 2.

But it still stands, and it ain't just "Sonic 3" like certain people will have you believe. Why get excited about Sonic 3K?

The excellent quality of Sonic CD gave people an idea of what to expect. Sonic 1 was lovely. Sonic 2 I am sure will be just as good, if not better. I just want to be able to fly as Tails, and play as Knuckles with Tails as the AI (thank you StealthTax) and I will be in heaven.

As for Sonic 3&K there must be quite a few rights issues stopping that game from being re-released, is my guess.

Edited by -Bender-

So these updates are free right? I just bought Sonic 2 over at school because I was bored.

Sonic 1 was a free update on iOS, so I'd expect the same with Sonic 2.