Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Dudes, Taxman is from Retro, of course they(the admins and members) want us to buy this, it's friendly advertising. I'm not saying they are 100% lying about "get this port and wait for new stuff", 'course SEGA is working on something, it's obvious assumption...

One option: They could be easily trying to solidify the classic era, and reboot the franchise next year. We already got ports of every important old Sonic game brought into this generation... Another option: Yes, maybe SEGA is trying the ground to see if they can release a big 100% retro tittle and get the same(or more) profits of a 3D game.

Either way, I rather wait, if you don't mind, Retro.

Sure, Retroites got their backs. I just thought Taxman's port wasn't worth it and Scarred Sun jumped form the computer screen in a motor bike and fucked my face with metal chains.

OOOOOOOOORRRRR

Since they are close to Taxman, they know he's doing something else that's dependent on the number of sales on previous projects.

HRRRRMMMMM WHAT IS MORE LIKELY

I think you guys are seriously in denial about the future of the franchise.

I know you want to believe new, amazing Sonic content is coming if you just keep supporting Sega's lazy business practices, but it never will.

If Sonic 1/2 does well, and they are done milking every other Sonic title they can, Taxman's engine will be used to port other games that are 20 years old and most of us have played already.

He will become a porting, oops I mean "remastering" machine and Sonic fans will still be stuck in a shithole of crappy Sonic Team/DIMPS attempts at 2D games.

Sad but true.

Well I think you are seriously in denial about the future of the franchise.

I know you want to believe new, amazing Sonic content is never coming unless you complain about everything SEGA does, but that leads to nothing.

If Sonic 1/2 does well, and they are done milking every other Sonic title they can, Taxman's engine will be used for whatever Taxman wants it to, since it's HIS engine.

He will become, admitting SEGA doesn't want to make anything new with him, an independent developer doing his other non-Sonic projects by himself, something I seem to recall he said he wanted to do anyway.

Nice and true.

Edited by Captain Harlock
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sorry, but I'm not very hyped for this. And it's annoying me a bit how everyone's worshipping it and saying "omg we need to buy these for the future of the franchise, come on trust us. the retro admins know something so trust them". I have nothing at all against the Retro admins, and they're probably fine people. But why should I blindly trust them just because people say so?

I mean, I don't want to be rude but I'm seeing a whole lot of blind faith in who-knows-what. 

Somethings going on, they can't say but they are trying to tell us via saying we need to buy these ports. lets listen to them.

Who says something is going on? And what, exactly, is going on? Honestly, this is madness. We're getting all hyped up over nothing. New remastered versions of classics are coming out, and that's awesome; I might even buy them if they're released on Steam. But where the hell is all this "oh my god something's happening we have to buy all the games to save the future of the franchise" coming from? And who says that the future of the franchise needs to include 2D classic games to be any good at all? Maybe I don't want more 2D games.

I realize I'll probably get flamed and talked down to, but I needed to say this because it looks like there's a lot of hot air blowing in here. It's not my intention to insult anyone so please don't take it that way.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 2

Interesting discussion on retro regarding the amount of the levels ; on the new promotional poster it says 

"race at lightning speeds through seven classic zones as sonic the hedgehog"

The instruction booklet for the original game only says six zones ; so either, there is a new level thrown in there somewhere, or Final Zone is being counted as the seventh.... interesting nonetheless

And still.... no Sonic 3 and Knuckles....

Well, if this proves to be a success, that just might actually happen...

Who says something is going on? And what, exactly, is going on? Honestly, this is madness. We're getting all hyped up over nothing. New remastered versions of classics are coming out, and that's awesome; I might even buy them if they're released on Steam. But where the hell is all this "oh my god something's happening we have to buy all the games to save the future of the franchise" coming from? And who says that the future of the franchise needs to include 2D classic games to be any good at all? Maybe I don't want more 2D games.

I realize I'll probably get flamed and talked down to, but I needed to say this because it looks like there's a lot of hot air blowing in here. It's not my intention to insult anyone so please don't take it that way.

Yeah your intention is being taken as insulting there.

Look, this has never really happened before. The Retro admins and site staff just don't blindly say "support this! good things will happen" all the time, hell I can't recall them pushing like this When Sonic CD 2011 was announced. and they rarely ever make appearences over here at SSMB of all things to come and say that.

What I'm saying is this is out of their norm and thats why alittle bit of hype is happening. they are not saying that these ports will save the franchise and bring it into a new golden age or something, but the push is for something good. they can't say but they don't push like this and have never have before, so somethings up.

The best thing that could come out of this would be a title made by Sonic Team (and Taxman) called:

sonic_the_hedgehog_5_genesis_by_xamoel-d

Oh yeah and S3&K HD & Knuckles Chaotix HD as well.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 3

The best thing that could come out of this would be a title made by Sonic Team (and Taxman) called:

sonic_the_hedgehog_5_genesis_by_xamoel-d

Oh yeah and S3&K HD & Knuckles Chaotix HD as well.

I genuinely think this could happen.

Sonic 5, a high quality sprite based game with truly classic fundamentals and design, expanding on the Sonic 3 formula rather than regressing below Sonic 1 like Sonic 4 did.

swoons

• Thumbs Up 2

So some people from some fan site want you all spend your money because of some reasons they can't tell? Because promoting a couple of their own board members allowing them to earn more money isn't enough for a reason.

And they tell us to "trust" them when they have a VIP system on their site to accept only people that could be of some use to them. yes, I'm still in pending limbo for over two years now and I do think that system is total bullshit

What a joke!

If the remastered ports are that good we will buy them anyway so I see no other reason for this other than promoting their own members especially since Sonic CD port (2011) was already great enough for SEGA to decide to make what these guys are making right now.

Anyways, if you are willing to spend your money for God-knows-what, go for it)). I for one will wait and see if the ports are that good and worth their price. (if they come out on PC, that is)

Edited by ArtFenix

remastered soundtrack? i'm hoping for some act 2 / act 3 remixes here. biggrin.png

Ah now there's a thing, I wonder if they'll do that?

I can see why they didn't in CD as there's 4 time zones and 2 soundtracks but even then they sorted out all the loops and used unused parts of the tracks. They totally should do act remixes.

So some people from some fan site want you all spend your money because of some reasons they can't tell? Because promoting a couple of their own board members allowing them to earn more money isn't enough for a reason.

And they tell us to "trust" them when they have a VIP system on their site to accept only people that could be of some use to them. yes, I'm still in pending limbo for over two years now and I do think that system is total bullshit

What a joke!

If the remastered ports are that good we will buy them anyway so I see no other reason for this other than promoting their own members especially since Sonic CD port (2011) was already great enough for SEGA to decide to make what these guys are making right now.

Anyways, if you are willing to spend your money for God-knows-what, go for it)). I for one will wait and see if the ports are that good and worth their price. (if they come out on PC, that is)

I invite you to look over my posts on SSMB, here. I'm a pretty shitty poster. I still managed to enter. So no, it's not an elitist scenario- if anything, it's more of a luck scenario.

I also don't quite understand your idea here. Are you thinking Retro will receive money from this?

Cause that's a serious accusation.

Edited by Captain Harlock

What a joke!

Dude don't bring your own butt hurt into this. I'm sorry you didn't get into Retro and maybe never will, but thats no reason to go around and say "Don't support this!". Whatever beefs any of you have with Retro shouldn't be lashed out on this or any future projects made by Taxman and Stealth.

• Thumbs Up 1

it's not an elitist scenario- if anything, it's more of a luck scenario.

It's still bullshit all the same.

Are you thinking Retro will receive money from this?

Just like people help their relatives or children, retro are helping their own members. Does that sound unnatural for you?

...because, really! The main reason people use is "there is something they can't tell us, that's why we MUST buy this". Like, "please, give us your money because there is something that is so great but we can't let you know what it is so you're gonna just trust us and give us your money.

Dude don't bring your own butt hurt into this. I'm sorry you didn't get into Retro and maybe never will, but thats no reason to go around and say "Don't support this!". Whatever beefs any of you have with Retro shouldn't be lashed out on this or any future projects made by Taxman and Stealth.

I thing I stated clearly enough that that was not the reason. Just an icicle of an iceberg. Re-read what I said, please.

Edited by ArtFenix

It's still bullshit all the same.

Just like people help their relatives or children, retro are helping their own members. Does that sound unnatural for you?

Thanks to that thing you+-- nevermind, forum drama, reeling back, just like to say people hating the entry system really confuse me as it honestly isn't hard to enter. Bother more on thinking what did you write that would make people not letting you in. Maybe at the time you wrote, your english wasn't as good as now?

And yes, it does sound unnatural, as Retro doesn't help their members. They didn't do a huge push for Sonic CD, they actively mocked Sonic 2 HD and other projects done inside the forum. You're talking bullshit, basically.

That post made me laugh jesus

But seriously it had better come to WiiU, Nintendo are trying to tell everyone how piss easy it is to make games for their eShop so there's no excuse!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe at the time you wrote, your english wasn't as good as now?

It sure wasn't as bad as you might be thinking. ..and I don't think I insulted someone or something.

Let's not continue this little discussion. It makes me feel like I'm whining a lot and it's off-topic anyway. And again, it's not THE reason why I think this whole campaign is stupid for reasons stated above.

Edited by ArtFenix

I thing I stated clearly enough that that was not the reason. Just an icicle of an iceberg. Re-read what I said, please.

Even if you did say that your post still reeks of you still being hurt by you being stuck in Pending Limbo, thats how you came off as on that post.

Don't support the game for the game not because your mad at the fansite/forum the creators frequent to.

I am quite hyped for these taxman ports. As long as the music sounds different enough, we get knuckles as an unlockable in both, and add the spindash in sonic 1, I'll be a happy customer. My one question is.... are they ever going to port 3k and knuckles chaotix? 1 and 2 have been ported multiple times, so it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity if these classics aren't remade. I don't think sega gives 3 enough love, and chaotix should be made more accessible to people that haven't played it, seeing as how it's hard to find these days.

Edited by Knightofthewind417

It's funny because that's not the case at all. In the long run, we're trying to help everyone.

Then what's the case huh? I've yet to hear the proper reason for all this crazy hype.

You've heard the proper reason, you just chose to ignore it and instead see them as some sort of mafia.

• Thumbs Up 5