Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Nothing about the sound of this new ending suggests that can't still be the case.  I mean Eggman would've needed a few weeks to build Launch Base before Sonic and Tails thought to investigate Angel Island.

OR, it's a video game happy.png

So someone I know just tried this (living in the UK), they say they can't get it to work, looks like it's restricted to people living in the US?

Works fine for me.

Has anyone unlocked Debug Mode yet?

I found the stage select by

same method as in Sonic 1 remastered worked, Hidden Palace couldn't be selected

the old debug code still works, then you hold the screen or a button and select the stage i think

EDIT: I dunno how many people have checked this stuff out yet but some debug things:

• S Moniter is there
  • Elemental Shield Moniters
  • I got the insta-shield attack somehow
  • there is a Moniter with 3 symbols on it and a chaos emerald Moniter, no idea what either do
  • there are 2 versions of the Buzzer I think? Not sure if that's new or anything
  • Snail enemy

Gonna try to see if Knuckles with Tails "glitch" still works.

This game has worst online mutltiplayer I've ever seen. Synchronisation is absolutely horrible especially in Special Stages. Opponent doesn't seem to move at all at first and then he suddenly has 50 rings. I win 2 of 3 SS rounds, it says 2P WINS twice and at the end? 1P WINS! WHAT THE CRAP?

Uhh can anyone remember how to do the Knuckles + Tails glitch in Sonic 1 because I can't remember the new method and I can't find it anywhere online either (talk about minimal documentation)

Also;

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a Sonic 3 mode like Sonic 1 had? With elemental shield placement and such? It's not in Level Select options like it was for Sonic 1)

This game has worst online mutltiplayer I've ever seen. Synchronisation is absolutely horrible especially in Special Stages. Opponent doesn't seem to move at all at first and then he suddenly has 50 rings. I win 2 of 3 SS rounds, it says 2P WINS twice and at the end? 1P WINS! WHAT THE CRAP?

Also, every time I finish a zone I get kicked out with "2P Mode disconnected" message. Maybe it's just a coincidence and all opponents were just dummies who quit after the first round.

If you're insinuating that plot problems don't matter because something is a video game then quit the elitism and give video games the respect they deserve as a medium.

Woah there, touched a nerve did I? When exactly did i ever say games can't have stories? Most of my favorite games have great storytelling.

I'm just saying the Classic games don't really focus on storytelling which is why i found weird that you guys were analysing something so little, so i made a joke, chill out.

Ok soo some discovery that other people maybe already knew idk

• There's a moniter in debug mode with all 3 fire/bubble/lightning icons on it. That seems to activate the insta-spin but I don't know if it activates other shields being throughout levels a la Sonic 3 Item Mode in Sonic 1, I can't see any sign of that so far
  • The all emeralds level select code seems to still work
  • still can't remember how to do the Knuckles + Tails glitch!!

EDIT:

The 3-shield moniter DOES add elemental shields to the stages seemingly, I just found a Fire Shield lying around in Chemical Plant Act 2. They seem pretty rare but yep!

Now if only I could remember how the Knuckles n Tails glitch worked!!

Woah there, touched a nerve did I? When exactly did i ever say games can't have stories? Most of my favorite games have great storytelling.

I'm just saying the Classic games don't really focus on storytelling which is why i found weird that you guys were analysing something so little, so i made a joke, chill out.

It's a Sonic forum, if people are here they're prolly gonna be passionate about the fine details of the series.  I find it weird that you would consider that unusual and worth joking about in such a context.

I can't find the Knuckles + Tails glitch anywhere in Sonic 2 using any of the old methods, it might still be in there somewhere so I hope someone finds it, even if it started out life as a genuine glitch it was something I really enjoyed in Sonic 1!

I can't be arsed to rifle through 75 pages so can someone answer me these?

- Does Hidden Palace have a boss?

- Is it entered is a specific way?

- Does Sonic attain the ability to turn into his super form there?

Hey, SuperLink.

To bring up the menu with speed cap and elemental shields and everything, just said Sound Test to 00 and hit Play a few times.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, SuperLink.

To bring up the menu with speed cap and elemental shields and everything, just said Sound Test to 00 and hit Play a few times.

Ah thank you! You rock! (if everyone knew this already I feel daft but playing around with things was still fun)

Well this is pretty damn fantastic.

Yes.

Yes.

Hmmm not sure. I don't think so.

It seriously has a boss? Now I'm MEGA curious. My mom owns an Android tablet but she's away on holiday. I might download this on her tablet when she gets back and play it for myself

tongue.png

- Yeh

- Yeh, the Mystic Cave pit

- No, you can use the Super form there though.

(Ending spoilers)

I wonder if...

You still get the little extra sequence when playing as Knuckles.  Would kind of make no sense if you did lol.  Though Knuckles in Sonic 2 is firmly non-canon anyway so not a big deal either way.

(Ending spoilers)

I wonder if...

You still get the little extra sequence when playing as Knuckles.  Would kind of make no sense if you did lol.  Though Knuckles in Sonic 2 is firmly non-canon anyway so not a big deal either way.

I believe someone earlier said you do, but it's altered to make more sense for that character i.e.

No eyes suddenly fading in the bush.

Spoiler for something else now.

Also, no Super form for Tails? Aww...

Um...well despite there being videos of every other little spoilery thing, let's have one that isn't exactly spoiler...y

Special Stage, and I'm ok with it.

And yes I fell asleep.

• Thumbs Up 1

As for me, there's still one thing that hasn't changed -- not that I expected it to, but nonetheless, I'm sure everyone would agree with me on this...

Whoever designed Metropolis Zone as it was and thought it was a good idea can choke on a railroad spike. ^^

Seriously, this stage is kicking my ass and screwing me sideways ten times to Tuesday. Sonic 2, fun as it is, is my least favourite of the classic saga, and today I've been reminded why.

h̖͈̤̬̐͋̔̒ͫ͠eͥͦ̃̀l͕̳͖ͪ̈p̧̞̹̈͗̚ ̜̠̓͆͑͜m̩̳̰̼̪͚͙ͬ̊ͤ͗̕e̪͈ͬ̽̃̂̿ͯ͆ͅ

• Thumbs Up 2

Special Stage looks eireely smooth though I'm sure I said the same thing about the Sonic CD remaster before I got used to it.

The ups/downs still look like they'll piss me off if they hide bombs or much needed rings but otherwise the increased draw distance and clarity looks great.

Sonic 2, fun as it is, is my least favourite of the classic saga, and today I've been reminded why.

I've always felt this way towards Sonic 2 as well.  It's still a good game but it's like the Mario Sunshine of the Classic Sonic series to me.  Not sure why but the more I've played the classic series in adulthood, the more I've found myself coming back to Sonic 2 the least, thus causing me to be endlessly bothered that it's considered the pinnacle of the series by most gaming media, while Sonic 3 & Knuckles is frequently not even mentioned.

• Thumbs Up 3

Playing this now. It's absolutely wonderful, as I expected, however they've reminded me just how much I god damn DESPISE Sonic 2's special stages. Not only are they frustrating to get to they're also extremely difficult to boot. I'm getting my ass handed to me on the second one. It's annoyingly unhelpful to show you where rings will be and it keeps leading me into bombs with rings. ARGH

Hearing the Special Stages aren't any easier makes me glad they didn't put Hidden Palace into the game as it was originally intended to be placed.