Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Hearing the Special Stages aren't any easier makes me glad they didn't put Hidden Palace into the game as it was originally intended to be placed.

Even worse is that there's an achievement to get all the Chaos Emeralds before finishing Chemical Plant. Lord have mercy.

Even worse is that there's an achievement to get all the Chaos Emeralds before finishing Chemical Plant. Lord have mercy.

UoX04CV.png

Simply use the save glitch many people have already noted.

So has anyone tried playing Sonic 2 on BlueStacks?

Sonic 1 is just fine for me, but 2 has visual flickering.

Since Sonic 1 runs fine, I don't know what this is. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

So my girlfriend has been trying to get Sonic 2 to work on her phone all day... and she's just told me this...

Why does the game want to know my Google+ profile info and people in my circles

Aparently the game will not start up at all unless you enter your google+ profile data into it?

Erm... Is this something new or what? Why does the game need that information in order to play?

So I completed it, got all the emeralds. Love it.

The controls are a lot tighter than the original which makes it much better.

I like how the special stages look and play. I got the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 7th emeralds at my first attempt. I found the third special stage to be the hardest. Got all the emeralds by Oil Ocean. 

I used to hate that fucking pit in Mystic Cave Act 2, but not anymore.

NOW I LOVE THAT PIT!

Going to play with Tails next.

• Thumbs Up 2

So my girlfriend has been trying to get Sonic 2 to work on her phone all day... and she's just told me this...

Aparently the game will not start up at all unless you enter your google+ profile data into it?

Erm... Is this something new or what? Why does the game need that information in order to play?

Yeah I noticed that too, it seems like you can't play it unless you connect it to a Google+ Account.

Which is ridiculous but even more annoying that Google are forcing everyone to get one of these things lately.

(No matter what they want or what they say it's not gonna become the next big social network it's way too fucking convoluted and lacking privacy god dammit Google)

I spent ages exploiting the glitch to collect all the Emeralds in Emerald Hill 1, and got an achievement. lol :P As such, I'm only up to CPZ1.

This game... seriously, this game is a marvel. SEGA ought to be ashamed that they hadn't done anything like this earlier. I can't wait to get to Hidden Palace (how?) and see what spoilers it has in store.

Also, not having to unlock Knuckles? Yeah, great move. <3

• Thumbs Up 7

EDIT: totally beaten to the punch by Snowdash, feel free to clean off this post! 

Edited by Wonder SuperLink

I can't wait to get to Hidden Palace (how?) and see what spoilers it has in store.

Make sure you explore everywhere no matter how dangerous and you will find it.

So, question regarding Hidden Palace:

Does playing it skip the rest of Mystic Cave then?  I forget if that pit is in Act 1 or Act 2 but kind of a bummer if you have to choose to play one level or the other on a playthrough.

Does playing it skip the rest of Mystic Cave then?  I forget if that pit is in Act 1 or Act 2 but kind of a bummer if you have to choose to play one level or the other on a playthrough.

The pit's in Act 2, and yes it skips the rest of Mystic Cave.

The pit's in Act 2, and yes it skips the rest of Mystic Cave.

Ah damn.  Guess that smooth new tweened animation on Eggman's Drills changing direction is gonna go unappreciated by most players!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hnnggggh! HNNNNNNGH!

I only just found out this is out! :D

And I only just got hooked on Sonic Dash. Woooweee, Sonic games I can actually play!!

(still sniffing and sobbing over Lost World! XD)

So another thing about Hidden Palace here-

It seems like once you access it normally, you can play it via level select too from then on. Is that true for everyone else?

So downloaded the game and I have a question. So once you finish the game, does it let you go back to the beginning and play the levels you want on the same file or do you have to start a new file?

Cause it would be a shame if they haven't changed that, especially since it's been a complained since CD.

About the google+ thing : I launch the game, turn the internet off, hit the backbutton, and then turn the internet back on to play without it harassing me. It might be more trouble than it's worth though.

Wait... what? Minor spoilers, but just to be careful...

I just cleared Hill Top 2 without fighting a boss. Heck, I went straight to Mystic Cave (time to check out that pit!) after hitting an end of level sign!

Wait... what? Minor spoilers, but just to be careful...

I just cleared Hill Top 2 without fighting a boss. Heck, I went straight to Mystic Cave (time to check out that pit!) after hitting an end of level sign!

I was on the app store and one of the reveiws said it was removed.

The iOS update is missing the Hill Top boss as a glitch, I think Tax mentioned it on his Twitter. It's gonna be patched asap.

The Hill Top boss is still there like normal in the Android version.

Playing as Tails. I got all the emeralds by the end of EH Act 2 to earn that achievement.

X10JCXT.png

I had to use the restart option for Special Stages 4,6 & 7.

Once you get used to the special stages you won't need to use the restart option. There are about 60 starposts in Sonic 2 and the special stages are slightly easier than in Sonic 1.