azoo

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

This is probably a glitch, but all you need to do to get the Early Bird Special Achievement is get a Complete file with all 7 Emeralds and then choose Emerald Hill in the Complete file level select lmao.

I went on there intending to only get Quick Run, but as soon as I started it said I got Early Bird Special. So yep.

Is the "complete" thing Android only? Doesn't work on the iOS version.

Yeah the iOS version went out before they could patch it in, it'll be patched into the iOS version soon I should think. That's also the reason the Hill Top Boss is sometimes missing.

Yeah the iOS version went out before they could patch it in, it'll be patched into the iOS version soon I should think. That's also the reason the Hill Top Boss is sometimes missing.

Ahhh, okay. So just gotta wait for the patch... again.

Also, the Hill Top boss is always missing in the level itself. Only way to access it right now in iOS is the boss attack mode.

I finally ended up buying Sonic 2 for my android tablet (and hooked my tablet up to my TV to play this game), and I really did enjoy it! I did a non-emerald run, so I haven't experienced the special stages yet (though, I hear they're smooth?) I also really did enjoy playing through Hidden Palace Zone. Level was fun, and the boss fight at the end was pretty clever actually. I knew what to do, but I still managed to lose some rings during the boss. XD

Might try and get all the emeralds later. 

I'm actually ashamed to say that, I had to actually look for the pit, I've been stuck there before, I know about it, I just don't know how to get there...

I'm actually ashamed to say that, I had to actually look for the pit, I've been stuck there before, I know about it, I just don't know how to get there...

Bottom route on Mystic Cave act 2, there should eventually be a pulley with a wooden platform stood upwards. Fall down the pit.

Been playing through Sonic 2, and the spin dash is a tad glitchy in some areas, but the game's pretty fun overall... except the Special Stages; they can fuck right off. I've always hated Sonic 2's special stages and I'm pretty pissed that restarting makes you lose a life. What bullshit.

Be lucky you can restart at all. We didn't have have the choice to restart in Special Stages in the original version/isold

I know that, but still. Didn't Sonic 1 and CD Remastered have infinite restarts for special stages? Why not Sonic 2?

I've played and beaten Sonic 2 before this ever came out. Never could get all the emeralds, so I never got the good ending without cheats. I hated the special stages back then, and I hate them now.

They didn't have infinite restarts for special stages. Restarting cost you lives in both of the previous games. The difference was that as those Special Stages happened between levels instead of during them as with Sonic 2, you could freely exit the the game and load your save file starting in the special stage, so long as you managed to hit exit before you ran out of time or fell into the goal. Infinite retries, but only through an exploit.

You can use the same sorta thing to exploit it anyway, if you get at least 100 rings you get an extra life and if you restart In a special stage you get sent to the beginning of the level when you exit. By exploiting this you really have infinite tries and could TECHNICALLY get all 7 emeralds in the first or second star post in EH (depending on when you get 100 rings)

Okay, I've calmed down and tried again. Managed to grab 4 emeralds in Emerald Hill Zone. Would've got the fifth too, but I barely missed it by 2 rings and I failed to pause it and restart in time. Oh well, I guess I should just stop trying to go for that achievement for now and just work on getting the emeralds in general, so I can get the good ending. 3 more emeralds to go, and I pretty much now know how to beat the 5th special stage, so I'll get them all. ...Eventually, anyway.

XcNF5NN.jpg

Uh...I was playing in the 2P VS Races and this happened. The other player, while out of or nearby a tubehit an Item Box and caused the Place Switch maneuver. Sending him to where I was and vice versa. The camera moved sporadically left and right and Sonic himself was moving at warp speed after he fell from the ground, where I thought he would've died.

Is...is that supposed to happen?