Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Taxman said it was just a test stage really, so I'd guess keeping it in there is just a little bonus.

3.0.2 update is released for Android version. I wonder what's changed 'cause there're no "What's new" notes...

Taxman confirmed on Retro a lot of the bug fixes for the new update: 

"I added Kit-Kat immersion mode support on Android and lots of minor bug fixes basically.

I can't name them all off the top of my head but things like:

- Brass Eggman getting stuck in the exploding phase

- Wing Fortress pop out turret platforms

- 2PVS tiebreaker round

- 2PVS teleport tomfoolery

- Special Stage restart

- Special Stage Ring Bonus adding 1s instead of 100s

- Super Sonic water palette

- Super Sonic music not stopping if rings run out

- Moving Spikes not synched up in groups of 3

- Time Attack menu soft lock

- MPZ Big Piston starting in the wrong position

- Ending Scene goofing up when player had collected some of the emeralds

- Missing item boxes in HPZ

- Super Sonic Crushing crash in ARZ"

Good stuff. In the previous 3.0.1 version I experienced the problem where the HP 'Brass Eggman' boss got stuck in exploding phase, so I couldn't finish the stage. With regards to the missing item boxes in HPZ, there are now three additional shield boxes near the end of the stage. In the previous version I could only find one shield box at the very start of HP which seemed a bit harsh in terms of the difficulty of that level. Glad it's fixed.

I'm curious by what he means by "Special Stage Restart"; anyone know how this is different?

I'm curious by what he means by "Special Stage Restart"; anyone know how this is different?

This might be related to the glitch; where after you use the option to restart a special stage, when you exit the ss, instead of resuming the level from the starpost location you would instead restart from the very beginning of the act. This happened to me once or twice.

This might be related to the glitch; where after you use the option to restart a special stage, when you exit the ss, instead of resuming the level from the starpost you would instead restart from the very beginning of the act. This happened to me once or twice.

Yeah, that makes sense. That happened to me a few times as well.

Both Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic CD are 99 cents right now on the iOS Store.

Actually, all of the Sonic Games are on sale. Go pick it up!

Both Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic CD are 99 cents right now on the iOS Store.

Actually, all of the Sonic Games are on sale. Go pick it up!

Finally got them all except All-Star Racing which I won't buy because it's just a DS port.

I was exploring Hidden Palace. I discovered that if you finish an act (release the animals) at exactly 9:59 then you get a massive 100,000 time bonus. You never got a time bonus in the original Sonic 2 when finishing with a time of 9:59, only in Sonic 3&K.

Nice.

LHpScBL.png

I also managed to beat the 8th special stage with Sonic and Tails:

http://i.imgur.com/nZFaVnS.png

• Thumbs Up 1

No one found the beta title screen yet? Or the beta running animations? Surely they must be in there somewhere >.<

Why not just ask Taxman or Stealth if they added them?

Has anyone else been playing around with Debug mode? It seems they've included a couple of interesting things, like Bubbler's Mother in Chemical Plant.

Do show, is there any beta enemies in the debug like the first one?

Yeah there are, I've only seen the debug stuff for Emerald Hill but the beta Buzzer is spawnable

I would, but I can't take screenshots on my phone :s But yes, there are at least three unused enemies, the Snail and the beta Buzzer in Emerald Hill, and Bubbler's Mother in Chemical Plant, plus some blue ball thing that targets Sonic and explodes.

I took some screenshots in debug mode.

Here is a screenshot of the beta Buzzer which looks very similar to the normal one. Also the unused Snail badnik:

svQ5efF.png

Also, a screeenshot of Chemical Plant with a Submarine type badnik and a blue thing that target's Sonic, like NastCF said:

66udf5E.png

Oh, right! Some guys from Sonic Retro actually did a stream of the game. One of the parts was all messing in debug mode and showed off the beta badniks as well. Should I put it up here?

Has anyone come across any neat secrets/features/glitches yet? This might be well known, but I've discovered that if you go into the level select and select track 00 three times, then you can access the game config. Here you can choose to play as knuckles+tails, which is cool to see. (Still no sonic+knuckles though)

Has anyone come across any neat secrets/features/glitches yet? This might be well known, but I've discovered that if you go into the level select and select track 00 three times, then you can access the game config. Here you can choose to play as knuckles+tails, which is cool to see. (Still no sonic+knuckles though)

So that's how you play with Knuckles & Tails AI. Nice. It's a shame though that you can only use a 'no save' file to play with that character combo.

So well known that zero people have said it before now.

So well known I thought it was brought up back on release day.

So, I got Sonic 2 Remastered to work on my Ouya (I used a app called FilePWN to sideload it) and, it runs 60fps, on a TV! A HD TV no less. Same goes for Sonic 1, no lag, nothing. It runs incredibly smooth. 

Even the menus can be controlled using the actual buttons! Not the TouchPad! 

So, I got Sonic 2 Remastered to work on my Ouya (I used a app called FilePWN to sideload it) and, it runs 60fps, on a TV! A HD TV no less. Same goes for Sonic 1, no lag, nothing. It runs incredibly smooth. 

Even the menus can be controlled using the actual buttons! Not the TouchPad!

Are you able to upload a video of that in action? /Wants to news it on TSS.

Are you able to upload a video of that in action? /Wants to news it on TSS.

I don't think so, honestly, I don't think you can directly record from the Ouya itself so, at the moment, no.

Does anyone else on the SSMB have a Ouya?