Awoo.

ART: DanJ86 - DLC Update: Sketched Professor Zolo, Azookara, Ogilvie, Komodin, Adamis Fox 'n more

Danj86

I'm surprised I'm still managing to proceed with this, although I will admit that things have slowed to a crawl. I don't want to have to extend the deadline, but it certainly is a possibility.

I had to revise one rule regarding the staff, as they are more then I expected.

All Admins and mods are still in, but DJs, TSS and retired Staff can only be included if reasonably active, unless nominated to be included by somebody else. So far the only exceptions to that rule are ArchangelUK and Flyboy Fox who I felt should be included regardless. (They both are retired staff.)

I'm now going to write a list of the entire staff to be included, requests that are still incomplete, the remaining top 20 posters and a handful of others I planned to include. But first this:

© Inferno Redux:

r20m.png
With the introduction of "alternate forms," the human version of Inferno has been added and appears more or less as he does in Infernos own art.

Edited by Dark-taroJ86
  • Thumbs Up 3

It would be impossible to include all members, the priority goes to the staff and the top 20 highest posters. I also try to include the most active, anybody that wishes to be included or members nominated by another member. Anyone can be a part of this, but the deadline for completion is 24th of October.
Cool, can I be drawn? If not, I understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, Surprise me. I did post a picture of me in the picture thread so you can use that as a reference for your drawing (Just go to my profile and go through the "likes" section and you should find my picture). Also, awesome job on those sketches! Can't wait to see more.

The art you have is AMAZING!!!!! Good show dan!

can i request you add one more of my friends to your drawing?

• Thumbs Up 1

The art you have is AMAZING!!!!! Good show dan!

can i request you add one more of my friends to your drawing?

Yes, you can request a friend to be included. I highly encourage it. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, between a game development contest, work and school, I totally forgot about this project. I just want to congratulate you on seeing it through this far; it's amazing dedication and the quality of your work is very high. Thank you very much, Dan.

• Thumbs Up 3

I hope to get it completed by 24th of October 2013. 

It's not a random date I picked. Assuming my research is correct, the 24th of October is a very important day in this part of the internet. What is it? Well that'll be a secret for now, but if you already know the significance of that date, then awesome! Your a pretty smooth dude, dood.

Also, now that we know what this date is, how did you know so far in advance?!

Also, now that we know what this date is, how did you know so far in advance?!

umm.... I hate to be stupid... but what is the 24th?

You shouldn't feel stupid knucklesgirl. It wasn't information that I easily came by. The 24th of October is the Birthday of The Sonic Stadium, made back in 2000, making this year it's 13th year online.

"How did I know in advance?"

That story is slightly amusing if your not me. But it was just a sudden curiosity that had me look into it. Before SSMB, I was a part of a small community of Knuckles Chaotix fans. We gathered at a message board created for a Knuckles Chaotix fansite. During my browsing of the site, I found the birth date of the site and made a special peace of Birthday art for the several years I was there. (It has long since disbanded now. We ran out of things to talk about.)

That was the reason for my curiosity. I first checked TSS to see if it was mentioned anywhere...I couldn't find it. Tried Google and Wikipedia, following a couple of links and still no luck. It was Sonic Retros Info pages that finally enlightened me.

http://info.sonicretro.org/SSMB The Birthday is on the right, under a classic screenshot of TSS.

Funnily enough, a couple of weeks after finding the birth date, a fellow member just suddenly asked in a status update. I forget who it was, but it was either Chris or Bmn that answered with the same date. At least it proved that the info I found was true, but for some reason, it never occurred to me to just ask before.

I must've been searching websites for like an hour or two when I could've just asked. lol

• Thumbs Up 3

I need to apologize. I know I still have something like 13 days or so left before my deadline, but there is no getting around it. It just wont be possible for me to have a completed picture in that time. I'll still try to upload whatever it looks like by then, but it wont be finished.

There's several reasons that this occurred and I think the biggest one was the loss of a good friend last month. I couldn't do any drawings or have any fun due to severe depression for at least two weeks or so...

I did also misjudged how many people and requests I have and have been finding it especially tough to create any kind of unique look for members that don't really share much about themselves.

Meanwhile...

Ex Staff - Alternate Evolution:

vw7.png
I mostly based his appearance on a silhouette, as Pokemon turn into silhouettes when they evolve. His head is supposed to match a photo of himself I found while the glasses are a symbol I saw he was using as an avatar once and had several different versions of, at his Facebook account. 

DJ - © DJ FLiGHTS:

yp68.png
Not much to say. He's based on the Avatar he uses.

TSS Writer - Doctor MK:

wev2.png
Based on a Nintendo Mii and a Bonanza Bro, he also wears a blue nose that is a reference to "Sonic Relief" a charity event tied to Comic Relief, he ceated several years back. Also wears a Sonic hood that I saw him wearing in a SoS photo from last year, I believe.

DJ - © :: DJ EAR ::

q8cd.png
I've seen DJ EAR been represented in several different forms. The one I chose was the easiest to draw and fits more with the "Toon" theme I've been going for.

Admin - Bmn:

re5s.png

Bmn's appearance was mostly based on Fluttershy from Friendship is Magic. He's had her as an avatar for a while. I deliberately coloured him in the same colours she has, then chose to "invert" those colours and keep whatever they turn into. I was left with those.

Ex Staff - Gabz Girl:

cgrd.png
Recently learned that Gaius is one of her favourite characters from Fire Emblem, and became one of the main inspirations for her characters appearance. Also because she likes cute things so much, it seemed fitting to have her formed with Powerpuff Girl characteristics.

Ex Staff - Strong Bad:

mij.png
Seeing as how Strong Bad has never changed the name, I used the character as his representative.

DJ - Turbo:

1sry.png
See avatar for reason. Also, yay for Sonic the Comic character. XD

Mod - Tornado:

4ldz.png
At first I was going to base his character on a photo he shared of himself. If you find it, he's doing the exact same pose. Then I though I'd give him griffon traits to match his favourite character that he had as an avatar for a long time. The sketched looked too much like her and not enough like Tornado, so I tried to fix that in the coloured version.

TSS Writer - T-Bird:

5hga.png
I don't know if he's a fan of the show. I myself, am not. I just don't understand it. But that's not the point, I've been trying to give a unique look to each member and I hadn't done one based on the South Park look and a photo of T-Bird that I think is also his avatar, seemed to fit the look of the style.

Mod - Remz:

hnz2.png
I found a couple of photos of Remz and based his appearance on them. You might have noticed by now, the anime styled characters all have been drawn in different styles so as not to match each other too closely. If your into a wide range of Anime and Manga, like me. You'll notice that each Manga artist and animation studio, each seem to have a unique style.

TSS Writer© Professor J:

pqpt.png

Mod - Patticus:

zam2.png
Changed greatly from his original sketch, I also added a crown because he was wearing one on the photo I used as a reference. The royalty theme continued with a fluffy collar and red cape, while the rest of his outfit is normal.

• Thumbs Up 6

So I've figured everything out and judging by my To-Do List, I might be able to complete this thing for the deadline. I actually had much less to do then I originally thought. But I did have to cut some people from the list, just to make sure it'll be possible.

I have a cunning plan for those that I had to cut, or for any other possible requests. But for the time being, I can no longer accept requests for this project.

CSS is ready for colouring, a plan is underway for the top poster of the SSMB, a couple of newer members are making an appearance. The final stretch is upon us and what will the final result look like? Even I don't know.

To-Do List - Fin
Edited by Dan-imeJ86
  • Thumbs Up 9

I just want to say I'm super flattered you drew me! and it made me laugh so hard seeing my shitty teen moustache replicated in cool drawing form! I remember posting the pics you used for this hahahah.

Anyway, really great job taking under a project this huge, and I wish you the best of luck in completing as much of it as you can. Awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's still fantastic, mate. Don't stress yourself too much, though. We can wait for the final product, but we don't want you to hurt yourself trying to meet a self-imposed deadline.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still really liking me as the Mr Needlemouse clone... I'd love to be Amy instead now, but I'd understand if that isn't possible, I'm absolutely fine with Needlemouse anyway. Can't wait until it's finished, and take your time. ^w^

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my god, Is that me underneath Spindash? Hahaha! I just love the fact that I look like a Charlie Brown character!

This totally made my day, Thank you Dan.

(also, may I have the drawing of me? I would love to use it as my avatar)

Edited by KaBlamJamDan
  • Thumbs Up 2

There it was. Fully complete.

But somethings been nagging me, I was gonna mention it in that same post, but it was so late and I was so tired. I'll mention it now before I go take a nap. I'm still so tired...

But first I wanna say one quick thing. You remember those profile numbers I put on each separate image? Well I started putting them up just for fun at first, as it was about the same time I noticed that a profile pages URL had them there to begin with. It's occurred to me now that while a members username might change every now and again, that number never will. The thing I put on "just for fun" had become the best way to identify who is supposed to be who.

Finally, I'll be starting work in January on an expansion pack of this project. I'm dubbing it, "Drawn Late Characters" or "DLC" for short. It's an opportunity for those that didn't make it into the original image, to become a part of this version. There are several members I wanted to include, but couldn't due to time. Just off the top of my head are Komodin, Solkia, Chaos Warp and Spudhead as examples.

There will be several key differences though:

1. First off, the ones already in the picture cannot be changed after the 1st of January. So if you are in the original, but want something changing, you have 1 month to say so, or it will be too late.
  2. I'll only be focusing on the members I wanted to include, I'll not be actively searching for more people like I did with the original. If you want inn, you gotta say something.
  3. The expansion will not be top priority like the original was. It will be updated less and I wont be dedicating too much time to it, so I can focus on other projects instead.
  4. Just like before, you can request to be included or nominate somebody else. But if I run out of people, a premature completion date will be set, while the planned completion date will be 24th October 2014, if I continue to get names throughout the year.

With that being said, here's who is currently set to make it in this. All these names are people I planned to include in the original, but had to cut for time.

1. Komodin
  2. Solkia
  3. Chaos Warp
  4. Sorcerer Spudhead
  5. Ogilvie
  6. Wonder ED
  7. EnderWoman
  8. Ruby CUL Terumi
  9. Glenn
  10. Special Operative Blaire
  11. TheCakeMiester
  12. DocAzure
  13. Xenos
  14. Dr Mechano
  15. PSI Wind
  16. Azukara
  17. Autosaver
  18. RosaRosaRosalina
  19. Semi-Colon e
  20. -Bender-
  21. NGw00d
  22. Shrek
  23. Rawrdom
  24. ElementofChaos
  25. Lahncat
  26. Hunter
  27. Adamis Fox
  28. BakingBluePotatoes
  29. Wario
  30. FourCartridge
  31. Cunning Condor
Edited by Dan-imeJ86
  • Thumbs Up 4

I can't believe I haven't followed your topic in a while to see the progress! :o

But yeah, I had to ram towards the topic at the very instant that I noticed your signature.

Seriously mad props to how much thought you put into this, and how well the whole thing looks, and I didn't even comment on how I like the way you drew my internet-persona; that serious grin on him being rather accurate to how I look most of the time is almost uncanny. :U

No seriously, mad props.

• Thumbs Up 1