Awoo.

Jazwares decides to appease Metal Sonic fans...

KururuSouchou

Well, Jazwares has decided to release a Metal Sonic figure, the first toy of Metal to be released in the US. However, it's exclusive to the San Diego Comic-Con and the Toys 'R' Us website, available for $17 starting July 23rd. It's also an "Urban Vinyl" (Jazwares' answer to Mighty Muggs and similar vinyl toys), meaning it's chibi-styled.

6493__320x240_metal_sonic_SDCC_exclusive.jpg

I think it looks better than the other Urban Vinyls (*cough*Werehog*cough*), but I would have preferred a normal figure. What do you think?

EDIT: I posted some scans from ToyFare magazine showing a 3-inch Knuckles figure and a 10-inch, non-chibi Metal Sonic (albeit an unpainted prototype).

Edited by KururuSouchou

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KururuSouchou

• speedfreak

• T-Bird

• Solid SOAP

Ahah! It looks like LEGO Metal Sonic or something, but I like it!

When do those other Chibi Sonic sprites come out? I was hoping to be able to get Sonic and a Werehog chibi figurine.

For me, Metal Sonic is the only Sonic character who really 'works' in Chibi toy form, possibly because he's a robot; but this looks very cool anyway.

I hope they release a ton of mini-badniks like Metal Sonic. I question why they haven't already made more badnik figures. I bet they'd sell a ton, especially if they were built somewhat realistically, to sort of show how Eggman put them together. xP

*squeeeee~!*

AAAWWWs... I must have that. NAO.

I think it's cute. x3

Am I the only one who thought "Metal Sonic Chao" the moment I saw that pic?

I mean, give him some basic semblance of toes and the resemblence would be uncanny.

:blink:

That dosn't look like a cold, heartless killing machine AT ALL. It's not Metal Sonic unless its razor-pointy fingers cause MANY INJURIES to small children.

How lazy can they get? An entire serise baed off of multiple franchises that all use the same mold for the bodies.

I really don't know what to think of this. On one hand, we finally get a Metal Sonig figure, on the other hand we get it like THIS...I mean come on, why a Chibi? I wanted a scaled replica. :(

That is incredibly awesome! Sure its not a "proper" Metal Sonic figurine, but at least you guys get that. No doubt theres an morbidly obese chance they'll ever be released here in Australia <_< *sigh* I needs a credit card.

They can't sell it in stores? Oh i'm sorry, that would appeal to more people, we can't POSSIBLY let that happen, durr...

At least it's not a normal figure, but if they make one, they better sell the damn thing in stores.

I got incredibly excited when I saw the topic title.

Then I saw the product.

Meh. I won't be getting it :/

Heh, I really love the paint job on this thing!

Nooooo !

By the way, I've found on a french site a fan who love self-made modelism and have created his own Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles.

Just one word: awesome !

metal_sonic.jpg

metal_knuckles_petit.jpg

Nooooo !

By the way, I've found on a french site a fan who love self-made modelism and have created his own Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles.

Just one word: awesome !

Must... have... Metal Knuckles... epic...

Awww, I think chibi Metal Sonic looks adorable.. ;-;

But DAMN that Metal Knuckles figure looks hot! >w<

I...

I can't see that without thinking "Marvin the Paranoid Android"

I just can't. It's eyes are just too depressing.

Sure as hell cute though~

There's another topic around here somewhere with a bunch of them on it..

Looks good, but ya, it would be nice if we could get a regular metal figure to go along with Sonic, Shadow and yellow Sonic

Saw this on ebay the other day. This is great news! I couldn't believe it when I first saw it, I thought it was fanmade. XD It's a shame it's a Toys R Us exclusive, but it's certainly better than nothing! I'll so be getting this when it comes out! Not too keen on the style, though- would've looked better as an ordinary figure.

Agreed, it's sad that it's SD... why can't Metal have a normal model? ;_; Blech, cutesy anime-style figurines.

Agreed, it's sad that it's SD... why can't Metal have a normal model? ;_; Blech, cutesy anime-style figurines.

This reminds me...I really wish Jazwares would launch Sonic the Hedgehog as a full mass-market line instead of seemingly keeping to obscure, niche market figures.