Awoo.

Jazwares decides to appease Metal Sonic fans...

KururuSouchou

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KururuSouchou

• speedfreak

• T-Bird

• Solid SOAP

Well, I've heard that in the newest issue of ToyFare magazine, there's an article about Jazwares that has pictures of some upcoming Sonic items. One of these items is a 10-inch, non-SDCC-exclusive, normal (non-chibi) Metal Sonic figure! *fanboyish squeal* I'll probably be getting the magazine tomorrow - should I scan the article with the picture?

Killing machine so adorable... must hug...

Chibi is an odd style for Metal Sonic but I gotta say I like it. I may have to buy one of these to grace my computer desk with it's evil yet cute presence.

Well, I've heard that in the newest issue of ToyFare magazine, there's an article about Jazwares that has pictures of some upcoming Sonic items. One of these items is a 10-inch, non-SDCC-exclusive, normal (non-chibi) Metal Sonic figure! *fanboyish squeal* I'll probably be getting the magazine tomorrow - should I scan the article with the picture?

Yes scan away man!

Ah... well... don't quite know what to say. I mean it's about time they release a Metal Sonic figure, but the chibi form is kind of scary. The sad thing is that I'm not sure if that's in good way or a bad way. I do like chibi style things, however, I'm unsure if this will work for Metal.

Apparently, according to the latest ToyFare mag, there's plans for a real Metal Sonic figure. 10 inches apparently, and the mag has an uncolored proto.

Anyone got scans?

Edited by Aquaslash

*gasp* I want that... SOOOO BAD D: and I don't even like metal!

XD Thats just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! XP are there others like it?

D: do want... DOOO.

*gasp* I want that... SOOOO BAD D: and I don't even like metal!

XD Thats just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! XP are there others like it?

D: do want... DOOO.

Yeah, they're doing Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, and the Werehog. There's also some Mega Man ones, too.

Well, I was finally able to find the newest issue of ToyFare (August 2009, with Ghostbusters figures on the cover if you're interested) with the Jazwares article. It had the already-posted photo of the JUVI Metal Sonic, and it had a picture of an upcoming 3-inch Knuckles. However, the best part is that it showed the 10-inch Metal Sonic! It's an unpainted prototype, but it looks amazing. I'll post pics in a couple of hours.

Well, I was finally able to find the newest issue of ToyFare (August 2009, with Ghostbusters figures on the cover if you're interested) with the Jazwares article. It had the already-posted photo of the JUVI Metal Sonic, and it had a picture of an upcoming 3-inch Knuckles. However, the best part is that it showed the 10-inch Metal Sonic! It's an unpainted prototype, but it looks amazing. I'll post pics in a couple of hours.

Cool man...

Also, if you don't mind, would you make it a decent scan and send me the link? I think it's front page newsworthy, especially considering it's got my merch-sense tingling.

Can't say the little chibi one has me that excited, but hey, anything metal is bound to be worth a few bob in a few years time!

T

Cool man...

Also, if you don't mind, would you make it a decent scan and send me the link? I think it's front page newsworthy, especially considering it's got my merch-sense tingling.

Can't say the little chibi one has me that excited, but hey, anything metal is bound to be worth a few bob in a few years time!

T

Sure! I'll post it within the next hour or two. By the way, the page has another, non-Sonic-related article in one corner. If I cropped it out, I'd have to crop out part of the big Metal Sonic, so I hope you don't mind also having to read about bootleg Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys. XD

Sure! I'll post it within the next hour or two. By the way, the page has another, non-Sonic-related article in one corner. If I cropped it out, I'd have to crop out part of the big Metal Sonic, so I hope you don't mind also having to read about bootleg Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys. XD

Nah, just send the raw thing - i'll do any superficial stuff to it if needs be - besides it doesn't need to look too pretty.

Cheers!

T

Nah, just send the raw thing - i'll do any superficial stuff to it if needs be - besides it doesn't need to look too pretty.

Cheers!

T

Okay, I got the scan. How should I get it to you? Should I upload it to an online host, should I attach it to a post here, or should I email it to you?

Can you post the scan in here for us all to fangasm at and give T-Bird what he wants when he's next on (assuming he's now gone to sleep)?

Can you post the scan in here for us all to fangasm at and give T-Bird what he wants when he's next on (assuming he's now gone to sleep)?

I'll happily post images of the figures now, but I'll wait for T-Bird to post the full scan (with the text). *goes to upload images of the figures*

As promised...

10-inch Metal Sonic prototype

bigmetal.png

Let the fangasms begin! XD

EDIT: Here's the other one.

3-inch Knuckles

knux.png

Also, there's text to the article, but I'll wait until T-Bird gets the full scan to upload that.

Edited by KururuSouchou

0o Wow! They both look great. If Metal Sonic looks that cool now I can't wait to see the finished one. It's about time we get some Metal Sonic stuff. Thanks for the scans!

Holy shit, both are way badass. The Metal Sonic one is wonderfully detailed too.

Also Knuckles has rotating hips, lulz.

Oh...my....GOSH!

That 10 inch figure looks AMAZING! And so does the Knuckles - for once, some decent looking figurines! This thing is so mine...I hope it's coming out soon.

As for the chibified version, it's rather awesome as well, but if I had to spend my money on one of them? It'd be the 10 inch Metal figurine. Just....woah. I cannot BELIEVE the detail they put into it. That's it, I'm buying it and making some sort of awesome stop-motion Metal Sonic vs. Sonic cartoon...

Thanks so much for those scans!

That looks amazing. Finally, someone, somewhere has actually thought twice about which characters to produce for an action figure line-up. The Super-poser Knuckles has been in the works for ages, hopefully this will be the start of a series of very popular "cult" Sonic favourites.

KururuSouchou, if you could send me the full page that'd be awesome - throw it over to schoolinsummertime [at] hotmail [dot] com. Cheers a bunch dude.

T

O man, if they really are making those they better come to Australia!

I also want the chibi styled Sonic characters, but those high detailed figurines are exceptionally awesome!

That looks amazing. Finally, someone, somewhere has actually thought twice about which characters to produce for an action figure line-up. The Super-poser Knuckles has been in the works for ages, hopefully this will be the start of a series of very popular "cult" Sonic favourites.

KururuSouchou, if you could send me the full page that'd be awesome - throw it over to schoolinsummertime [at] hotmail [dot] com. Cheers a bunch dude.

T

I sent it just now.

I sent it just now.

Legendary, just sticking the article up now for approval by our supreme overlord. Thanks loads man.

T