Awoo.

Jazwares decides to appease Metal Sonic fans...

KururuSouchou

Awesome that there'll finally be a Metal Sonic figure, but... 10 inches? What kind of middle-of-the-road size is that?

I'd much rather have a proper 5-6" action figure, myself.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KururuSouchou

• speedfreak

• T-Bird

• Solid SOAP

Whoa. Okay THAT'S a Metal figurine worth saving up for. That 10 inch Metal is going on my wish list as of right now :D

All my disappointments in the mini version have just been blown away. All that's left to see is the paint job it will be sporting (the shinier the better). I cant wait for that epic metal toy to hit the shelves. If I'm lucky, they might decide to trow it in as a pre-order bonus. I wuv my Werehog toy.

Oh.

My.

GOD.

I'm now saving to import that Metal figure. With my 2p interest from the bank.

It looks AMAZING so far!

O_O Woah... I'm absolutely lost for words... it looks amazing, it's almost too good to be true! =O 10 inches?! That's the same height as the talking Sonic X figures! This is immediately going on my wanted list! =D It's funny, just as I'm in the middle of paying for a StF Metal Sonic plush, all these Metal Sonic figures keep being announced! xD As much as I love all this new Sonic stuff being announced it's also kinda annoying, because I don't have the money to buy any of it just yet, because I'm in the middle of paying for something which was $450 >.< Oh well, there's always afterwards I guess.

How come the Sonic action figure doesn't look as good as that Knuckles does? Metal Sonic looks really nice as well, if I ever have the money I might wind up buying some of these if they're as good as they look.

Was there any mention on when we might be able to see that Metal Sonic in stores?

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8885/jazwaresscan.jpg

From the article it sounded like it'd be available September, that seemed really early to me but I know nothing about Figure production so *shrug* it's also hard to tell which Metal Sonic they're talking about. Or am I being stupid?

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8885/jazwaresscan.jpg

From the article it sounded like it'd be available September, that seemed really early to me but I know nothing about Figure production so *shrug* it's also hard to tell which Metal Sonic they're talking about. Or am I being stupid?

No, I think you're right. That little Metal Sonic is said to come out in July, so September must be for the 10" Metal Sonic. Cool, I'll be keeping my eye out for that one for sure.

To answer Solid Soap, we did get a Sonic figure that looks as good as that Knuckles. The Black Knight one or that same figure except with a normal glove and no sword.

http://i.ebayimg.com/04/!BRKcwdw!W...l!w~~_1.JPG

That's not bad looking, though I don't like the boxart and the "Only at Toys r' Us!" thing is pretty ugly, as I was planning on keeping 'em in the box and putting 'em on my shelf or something. Also, I can't tell, but if that Sonic bendable or plastic? It looks rubbery to me.

It's the same as that Knuckles, super poseable with joints and everything. It's not a bendy figure if that's what you mean. It's by far the best Sonic figure to date. You can't see it in the picture but he even has his classic little smirk.

After seeing them do such a good job on The Werehog, Sonic, Knuckles, and Metal Sonic, I really wish they would have done a real Super Sonic figure instead of a repaint of an old Sonic X figure that wasn't that great looking to begin with. :/

I'd probably like these more if they came willy silly little gadgets and whatnot, like the Sonic Adventure action figures. I remember those coming with Chaos Emeralds, rings, etc. They could easily make and put stuff with these action figures, I think.

Waaaah, the Knuckles figure is to die for! *w* That 10 inch Metal Sonic one looks really cool too.

I need Knuxie though! >3<

Wow, who would have thought that this thread would be so popular? =P

Anyway, since I've heard a lot of people wondering about when these are coming out, I figured I'd give my two cents on the matter, given that I've had some experience searching for Jazwares Sonic items. Based on what the article says, Knuckles will probably be on shelves in late August/early September (along with a 3-inch Sonic and Shadow), and the big Metal will be available in late September/early October. The chibi Metal is exclusive to the San Diego Comic-Con, but it'll also be available on the US Toysrus.com during the con. Regrettably, they seem to be exclusive to US Toys R Us stores, so all you Brits and Canadians will have to import. Also - if you're an American, I highly recommend buying the 3-inchers/big Metal in-store as opposed to Toysrus.com - they're a bit unreliable (they often send out the wrong item, and I've received several damaged items from them). ;)

Also - if you're an American, I highly recommend buying the 3-inchers/big Metal in-store as opposed to Toysrus.com - they're a bit unreliable (they often send out the wrong item, and I've received several damaged items from them). ;)

People buy things online?! Apologies for that terrible joke

Metal looks good, Knux looks good, and I already have Sonic. Now I just need Tails, Blaze, and Silver, and my life will be complete.

Wouldn't it be cool if they released a set of the Metal Sonic "series", with tiny versions depicting Silver Sonic, Mecha Sonic, Metal Sonic, and Neo metal Sonic!!

Though I would settle for a Sonic Channel bio of Neo Metal Sonic ;)

Hey guys I just popped by sonicgear and they had this to say.

The other really sweet news is the Knuckles on the page too. Many people mistake him for a super poser, but if ToyFare has their details right, he's not. He's an UPGRADED 3inch figure. Upgraded...to include articulation that could actually trick people into thinking he was a super poser...at only 3 inches. That's another huge kick! His sculpt looks decent as well with good clear large fists, no 'saucer head' and no 'big body' to get in the way. His elbows and knees look to be jointed as well as his shoulders and hips.

This is especially exciting because the final 'early info' was that the 3 inch line would contain tons of chars, including ones who never had a figure. If they're all as articulated the 3 inch line will rock for sure. Yes, the Knuckles is a prototype too, you can see they didn't paint his shoes all the way.

When?

MS JUVI in July, 3 inchers in august, Metal Sonic Big in September

Where?

Toys R Us will have them all.

What is the JUVI saying? It claims to be a fan of Soundwave the Transformer. Scan provided by SonicHedgehog11.

Could we see the Chaotix soon?