Awoo.

April Fools 2013

King Frosty

I'm actually pretty excited for this year's April Fools, especially considering things like the TSS front page changing and all.

Considering Adult Swim's epic April Fools last year, I want to see how they're going to top that one this year.

Anyway, I don't have any pranks planned myself, but I'm curious to see what happens at work tomorrow.

Google is launching a new product - Google Nose!

• Coming to your senses: go beyond type, talk, and touch for a new notation of sensation.
  • Your internet sommelier: expertly curated Knowledge Panels pair images, descriptions, and aromas.
  • Take a whiff: the Google Aromabase - 15M+ scentibytes.
  • Don't ask, don't smell: For when you're wary of your query - SafeSearch included.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 5

Okay so I totally fell for CSS's and Nepenthe's April Fool's joke, and now I feel dumb. But seriously though, that was an excellent prank, especially considering that CSS would be a great mod candidate, adding even more credibility to the prank. Now you all must wait until I come up with my own April Fool's Prank, which will obviously be glorious.

• Thumbs Up 6

Okay so I totally fell for CSS's and Nepenthe's April Fool's joke, and now I feel dumb. But seriously though, that was an excellent prank, especially considering that CSS would be a great mod candidate, adding even more credibility to the prank.

No, I'm just taking a break. Decided to make a small change to show I'm in to the spirit, even though it's a lame avatar and name change. XD

Okay so I totally fell for CSS's and Nepenthe's April Fool's joke, and now I feel dumb. But seriously though, that was an excellent prank, especially considering that CSS would be a great mod candidate, adding even more credibility to the prank.

Wait, what prank? It would be against forum rules for a moderator such as the one I am right now to do such a heinous act.

Wait, what prank? It would be against forum rules for a moderator such as the one I am right now to do such a heinous act.

Yeah, if you actually were the moderator in question.

I can just ask Chris or bmn to reinstate me and start striking if I have to. >:-(

Guys, remember when Chris was hinting at another promotion? It was me. Apparently there was a bit of back and forth behind the scenes that pushed back my promotion a little bit.

Yeah, if you actually were the moderator in question.

I can just ask Chris or bmn to reinstate me and start striking if I have to. >:-(

Faker? Hah, you're not even good enough to be my fake!

Edited by AlsoCoincidentallyNepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 3

Classic trick is putting some tape on the bottom of someone's motion-sensing mouse. The hilarity that ensues when they try to realise what's wrong with it is delicious.

You know, every April Fools'... this is sad, but I've always wanted to come out to my parents, just to see what sort of reaction would be had. I'm a horrible liar, however, so I'd do bad at best and they'd understand I was telling the truth at worst. Ah well, some day, right? Some day...

On a more cheery note. I always like to announce to my politically-oriented associates that I am registering as a member of the party they are opposed to. Always a good time when they get all offended and try to talk me out of it and then, "April Fools." And then they hit me. Oww.

Really Chris?

Your just gonna ban everyone like that? lol

Edited by Nepenth3

I'm planning something special for you all.

Trust me.

It's very special.

Very special indeed.

Thanks for the heads up. Now I'll not trust any of your posts until april 2nd...

Pretty genius idea, actually. Just make the normal member badge the banned badge for a day.

Reminds me of a prank they pulled over at CivFanatics Center once. The moderating team, for a week or two in advance, reorganised the forums and said it would be permanent, as they planned to close down one of the most prolific subforums. People who spoke out against it, or linked to a "Secret" moderator group, were all infracted (the site works on a temporary points system, and having 8 points at any given time results in a ban), and I think at least one person actually was banned.

Needless to say after April 1st rolled around, it turned out pretty much everyone who was infracted was actually in on it, having arranged to look like they were some victim. It was a jolly good prank, actually, since so many members actually began to think it was real once the moderators threw their weight around.

Really it shows the hardest part of April Fools' Day. Everyone is so expecting of the bigger pranks that it's hard to be convincing. But that just makes it all the more fun...

He even banned himself, holy shit. Badass.

He banned himself first... it was that powerful it hit us all...

He's more ban hammer than man.

• Thumbs Up 8

D-D-Did I come at a bad time since everyone is getting banned? D:

April Fools is too cruel! ;A;

Edited by Mio Akiyama

I gotta admit. Wouldn't mind keeping the faux-title and looking like a complete BA around the forums from now on. ph34r.png

I've heard all your complaints about how staff don't post enough in Sonic topics and took them to heart. I spent the last few days replaying every single Sonic game in the series to help remind me what made me so obsessed with the series and why I'm here, and I discovered that I never really fell out of Sonic at all - the true fan was inside me all along !!

Nice try Carbo, Sean would never say a sentence like this unless he wanted to risk taking 20 years off his lifespan.

• Thumbs Up 1