Awoo.

TellTale Games' Poker Night 2

Winston

Hey look, a new Poker Night game!...But this time, there is no Heavy Weapons Guy...but there is Ash Williams from Army of Darkness....which is ten times cooler! Too bad I don't think Bruce Campbell is voicing him...

Here's the info from TellTale 

Leading publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games - in partnership with studios spanning the worlds of games, television, and cinema - confirms the next entry in their high-stakes series with Telltale Games' Poker Night 2. 

Some of the biggest personalities in gaming, film, and animation are going all-in on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®Network, and on PC and Mac from Steam. Other platforms to be announced.

Taking the fifth seat at the table, players will be joined by an all-star cast:

- Claptrap from Gearbox Software's critically-acclaimed and multi-million selling Borderlands video game series 
- Brock Samson from Adult Swim's animated series The Venture Bros. 
- Sam from the Sam & Max video game and comic book series by Steve Purcell
- Ash Williams from the cult classic movie Army of Darkness. Groovy!

Players at the table will be assured of a fair hand dealt under the unblinking gaze of a Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System from Aperture Science research facilities. Otherwise known as GLaDOS from the Portal and Portal 2 games by Valve, Inc.!

Telltale Games' Poker Night 2 will offer the chance to win 'Bounty Unlocks': rewards for use within other games when special goals are achieved. With cunning and skill, players will unlock prizes including exclusive skins and heads for use within Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360, PS3 and PC), character accessories for Team Fortress 2 (PC only), unique Xbox 360 Avatar Items, and Premium Themes for dressing up PlayStation 3.

"It's great to revisit our roots after the success of The Walking Dead. People might not know that we have a strong history of humor in our games and players are going to find a lot of laughs in Poker Night 2," said Dan Connors, Telltale CEO and Co-Founder, adding "Poker Night 2 is another example of our ability to work with phenomenal partners and bring great characters to life in the gaming universe."

Telltale Games' Poker Night 2 will be released late April on the PlayStation Network, PC and the Xbox LIVE Marketplace; other systems to be announced. Poker Night 2 is rated 'M' (Mature) for Violence, Suggestive Themes, Strong Language, Simulated Gambling, and Use of Tobacco by the ESRB.

For more information on the game, visit the official website, Facebook, and follow Telltale Games on Twitter. 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/telltalegames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/telltalegames

Edited by Big Boss
  • Thumbs Up 2

Eeeeeh, I liked that the first game because it was characters I already knew and loved. This one.....all I know is ClapTrap and Max.

Well I certainly wasn't expecting to see this today. If theres going to be actual dialogue between them when you play then this could be pretty fun... just wish I knew how to play poker...

Eeeeeh, I liked that the first game because it was characters I already knew and loved. This one.....all I know is ClapTrap and Max.

This is Ash

And thats all you need to know!

• Thumbs Up 2

Ash and Sam? Groovy. Brock? Haven't seen Venture Bros, but he seems like a pretty interesting guy.

Claptrap? Oh, God no. He's just annoying as fuck.

BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK BROCK

BROCK OF AGES

SHERBROCK HOLMES

OH SWEET BABY IT'S BROCK GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING SAMSON

Do you people realize that Patrick Warburton and Bruce Campbell (wait what are you fucking serious)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Edited by Thick n' Nasty Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

So wait, GLaDOS isn't a playing character but she shows up in each game? Well, it's something.

More interested in the TF2 items and how I won't be able to get them. D:

Well I certainly wasn't expecting to see this today. If theres going to be actual dialogue between them when you play then this could be pretty fun... just wish I knew how to play poker...

If it's like the first game, it'll have a TON of dialogue. Everyone had stories to tell that were all related to their characters and the games they came from.

I'm pretty excited about this. 

Besides the TF2 items (which look great) the game's Borderlands 2 items look pretty cool as well.

unlocks-borderlands2.png

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

HELL YEAH! The first poker night was not only hilarious, it was well made. I loved how each character played according to their personality. I was hoping for a sequel but gave up hope. I actually know all these characters and love them! Ssw Army of Darkness for the first time about a week.ago! This is awrsome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I don't know the first thing about Poker but for $2.50 each I may as well give it a shot. I hear the AI isn't terribly hard so I should fare fine.

Edited by Mykonos

The first game's AI is kind of easy in that there's a trap they'll almost always fall for. Get cards you're sure of, to start. Then make a low or modest bet with them so that there's room for your opponents to raise you. Then, RE-raise them to an insane price and it'll be yours whether they go for it or not. 

I've done this trick in real life, but not nearly as many times as I've done it to Heavy and Strong Bad. 

It's not exactly that difficult, but each of the players has their own unique playstyle, the AI is actually quite good. Max is practically random, as if he doesn't have a clue how to play (which is probably the case), Strong Bad is ridiculously overconfident and bluffs like crazy, the Heavy is conservative with his money and plays his hands carefully, and Tycho tends to avoid going in until other players are knocked out or he's got an amazing hand. It's nice how characters can show personality through gameplay in a poker game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, hey. If the first one is included too, then I'll definitely pick it up. I'll preorder when I get back from school, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

STRONG BAD YOU FUCK. STOP GOING ALL IN BEFORE THE FLOP

If you posted that anywhere else on the forum... people would think you were talking about sex.