Awoo.

Jurassic Park

It still irks me how they made that Mosasaur so huge. They weren't like that, man... but I guess they can fob us off by sprinkling "genetic engineering" and similar terms throughout the expositionary dialogue.

*Jurassic Park disclaimer: Dinosaurs are not to scale, especially the Velociraptors.

I can understand a little creativity but come on. I'm still a bit salty about Spinosaurus.

Spinosaurus was a river fisher, like modern bears, and during their heyday were rarely if ever in competition with other large predators, and may never have hunted smaller land animals. It seems to me that its whole behavior pattern in JP2 was off by miles.

It still irks me how they made that Mosasaur so huge. They weren't like that, man... but I guess they can fob us off by sprinkling "genetic engineering" and similar terms throughout the expositionary dialogue.

Oh my... it's like Alien and Aliens... with Dinosaurs!

And with a dash of Rise of the Planet of the Apes thrown in for good measure (which was the most intriguing part of the trailer for me).

Well it's certainly looking more action packed than the original film...err, I'll wait for reviews. At least it looks amazing visually!

• 1 month later...

Only a few weeks until the new Jurassic film is here.I know I'm excited (cautious but excited.) So are you ready for it? A sample of Michael Giacchino's score has popped up and I have to say, it's pretty nice. Especially at 4:59 (for obvious reasons). Since I just sampled his works on the Lost World PS game, its nice to hear the same style again.

I can't wait to see this film, the Jurassic Park movies are the only horror (if it's that genre) I can sit through perfectly fine. Yeah it strange I can't stand gory films yet I can be perfectly calm when watching a film where people get eaten by dinosaurs.

I wonder if the iconic T-Rex will make an appearance in the film? Cause I know how many Jurassic fans get annoyed when a T-Rex is barely shown *Cough* Jurassic Park 3 *cough*.

I can't wait to see this film, the Jurassic Park movies are the only horror (if it's that genre) I can sit through perfectly fine. Yeah it strange I can't stand gory films yet I can be perfectly calm when watching a film where people get eaten by dinosaurs.

I wonder if the iconic T-Rex will make an appearance in the film? Cause I know how many Jurassic fans get annoyed when a T-Rex is barely shown *Cough* Jurassic Park 3 *cough*.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome! Hopefully the T-Rex will have an epic fight with the Super Dino... as long as the battle doesn't have the same ending results as the showdown in Jurassic Park 3.

Awesome! Hopefully the T-Rex will have an epic fight with the Super Dino... as long as the battle doesn't have the same ending results as the showdown in Jurassic Park 3.

While I don't mind T-Rex being jobbed once in a blue moon, 3 was absolutely stupid about it. Come on Spinosaurs prefers fish and its jaw looks like it can't snap something muscular like Tyrannosaurs. I know Jurassic Park wasn't that actually scientific in the first place, the first movie even called a few things (namely Utahraptor being huge) and actually tried to be smart. Makes me wonder what happened during the development of the films.

I will say I'm gonna read the novel of the original and see the differences between the two.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191586916547#cvip_desc

Trust me, this is relevant to the topic, on a humorous note. Just be sure to facepalm when you see this.

But it's beautiful Lime :-(

The T-Rex fight in number 3 was butchered in so many ways. Jurassic Park for the longest time had a palaeontologist work with them by the name of Jack Horner. He gave a lot of advice and it was good. Then he came up with the theory of T-Rex being a scavenger. Most of the Palaeontologists do not believe this, but the man in charge of Jurassic Park dino's did. So, after a talk with the crew he demanded a new dino was introduced to be the main hunter. They had no idea of an animal bigger and badder until they looked to a destroyed fossil record and found the Spino. 

Compunding it is the film details. First, the Rex is really small compared to the previous films. I guess it's the baby from Lost World. Next to the Spino, he's a midget, making the Spino look bigger and badder even though it's attacking a juvenile. The T-Rex gets the first bite in, that should be it. It's jaws were around the Spino's neck and those jaws were designed to crush bone. Yet, no he wiggles out and kills the kid. jurassic Park 3 just wanted to ram it's dumb new dino in our face (even though it makes no sense since it fish and where was this guy in Lost World when Hunter Buffet arrived) and it failed because of it.

the last Jurassic was lost world for me. but i guess it will be dumb enough this one. i will probably take a good opportunity to watched.  probably a good Tuesday since it cost less for the entry as usual.

The three biggest meat-eating dinosaurs are; Tyrannosaurus Rex, Spinosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus.

Spinosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus are both a bit bigger than T-Rex, but not by much. With Spinosaurus having the advantage of a much longer body and longer arms. The Spinosaurus could hunt in water and on land. So it could adapt to just about any situation. Both T-Rex and Carcharodontosaurus have a more powerful bite, but the strength and speed of the Spinosaurus made it - believe it or not - a more deadly predator. The funny thing is that Spinosaurus died-out more quickly than the other two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv6hEuODrLg

Super Dino? What's this about a super dino?

In Jurassic World they apparently make a new dinosaur spliced with Snake, T-Rex and Raptor dna, I think.

Spinosaurus wouldn't stand a chance!  :D

Spinosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus are both a bit bigger than T-Rex, but not by much. With Spinosaurus having the advantage of a much longer body. The Spinosaurus could hunt in water and on land. So it could adapt to just about any situation. Both T-Rex and Carcharodontosaurus have a more powerful bite, but the strength and speed of the Spinosaurus made it - believe it or not - a more deadly predator.

Err, not quite considering how its main weapon, the jaws were relatively weak in comparison and not as versatile nor strong.

Only a few weeks until the new Jurassic film is here.I know I'm excited (cautious but excited.) So are you ready for it? A sample of Michael Giacchino's score has popped up and I have to say, it's pretty nice. Especially at 4:59 (for obvious reasons). Since I just sampled his works on the Lost World PS game, its nice to hear the same style again.

Whoa whoa whoa, wait up so this guy worked on previous JP material?

Whoa whoa whoa, wait up so this guy worked on previous JP material?

Yup, he did the soundtrack for The Lost World Jurassic Park videogame (for PS1 and Saturn). It was the first fully orchestrated video game soundtrack too. Here's some of my personal favourites from the game.

First few levels in the game, you are a Compy. This music gives you the feel of being a small creature in a giant place. I'll be honest, this song has been stuck in my head ever since I heard it back in 98.

Later on you are the T-Rex in the Hunter camp. This track really gets the feel of chaos and is just...it fuels what you've been wanting to do all game.

The final level in the game, you are Sarah Harding confronted by two T-Rex in a small area. You have to fight the both off and escape the island. It has an air of finality at it yet still feels "oh shit" worthy. Great game soundtrack.

EDIT: Just found out he did TWO other Jurassic games. Chaos Island, a PC strategy game that I adore and Warpath Jurassic Park, a dino fighting game I played as a kid. We are in VERY safe hands.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit he did the soundtrack to The Lost World PS1 game?! Nostalgiaaa! From what I remember, the game itself was pretty damn hard (and scary for 8 year old me!) but the music and graphics were top notch. The music especially stood out to me, so it's amazing to hear Giacchino is composing for an actual Jurassic movie now.

Giacchino is starting to look like the next John Williams, seeing that he faithfully recreated the music of Star Wars in Star Tours 2.0.  But knowing that he will be returning to do the music in Jurassic World, having done the PS1 adaptation of Lost World is really exciting since it means that he is starting to go full circle.

All he needs to do now is the score for that rumored Mickey Mouse film and it will really be full circle as Mickey Mania on the Genesis/SNES/Mega CD was his first time working as composer

More soundtrack news, a full track list is up on Amazon and man, I'm hearing more and more previews from places. This soundtrack is one of the best I've heard in a long time. Track list may contain spoilers.

1. Bury the Hatchling 2. The Family That Strays Together 3. Welcome to Jurassic World 4. Does This Dino Make Jurassic Look Big 5. As the Jurassic World Turns 6. Clearly His First Rodeo 7. A Glorified Petting Zoo 8. Owen You Nothing 9. Indominus Wrecks 10. Gyrosphere of Influence 11. Pavane for a Dead Apatosaurus 12. Fits and Jumpstarts 13. The Dimorphodon Shuffle 14. Love in the Time of Pterosauria 15. Chasing the Dragons 16. Raptor Your Heart Out 17. Costa Rican Standoff 18. The Teeth Degree 19. Our Rex Is Bigger Than Yours 20. Growl and Make Up 21. Nine-to-Survival Job 22. The Park Is Closed 23. Jurassic World Suite

Want some previews? Go here and use iTunes. https://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/jurassic-world-original-motion/id996702871

If you can't here's some tracks to hold you till then.

This soundtrack is just...amazing. I've even heard they play a bit of "The Lost World: Jurassic Park's theme during "Our Rex is Bigger than Yours"

Note, the previews are on the New Zealand iTunes shop, you'll have to switch to hear them but man are they worth it!

Err, not quite considering how its main weapon, the jaws were relatively weak in comparison and not as versatile nor strong.

Spinosaurus primarily hunted river fish, occasionally taking on (or, perhaps more likely, scavenging) small land animals when the need arose, whereas T-Rex was most likely an out and out land hunter. Spinosaurus probably could have fought a T-Rex off under the right circumstances, but if that T-Rex were determined or desperate enough, Spiny's going to Deathsville.

All that said, their territories probably didn't overlap that much, and those territories were probably vast, meaning that actual encounters were probably not all that common, except when droughts, floods or other such environmental or ecological pressures forced the two together.

Spinosaurus's teeth were like a crocodile's: better suited for gripping than tearing through flesh. It couldn't chew, so it would violently shake its prey, killing it through severe whiplash and tearing off bits and chunks of meat to swallow.

It may have been bigger, but ol' Rex had the stronger bite. Plus, if Spino fell over and landed on its namesake, it would break. And since that fin makes up most of the dino's vertebrae, the beast would essentially be crippled for life.

• Thumbs Up 1