Awoo.

Jurassic Park

I'm looking forward to more footage, just hope we're not spoiled too much. Hope we catch a glimpse of the Mosasaur, saving it will be amazing!

New trailer and we catch a glance of something...menacing

This Indoraptor looks really scary actually. Can't wait to see it. I think I know where the plot is heading now but still, what a ride!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/4/2018 at 8:07 PM, The Tenth Doctor said:

New trailer and we catch a glance of something...menacing

This Indoraptor looks really scary actually. Can't wait to see it. I think I know where the plot is heading now but still, what a ride!

The Mosasaurus is also confirmed to return, I do think InGen returns from the previous film. In the last film we seen InGen taking the Dinosaur's off site, also if Isla Nublar is wiped out within the events of this film, then what happened to Site B (Isla Sorna from The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park 3),does it not exist anymore. But it does seem their bringing the Dinosaurs into the mainland, unclear on what country either, now part of the plot from Wikipedia does mention something about a conspiracy that could put Dinosaurs as the dominate species once more. Now it is confirmed that the films ending does setup the events of Jurassic World 3/ Jurassic Park 6 or whatever everyone wants to call it. Now I do admit that this trailer is better than the first one, and the Indoraptor seems more impressive and scary than the Indominus Rex.

Also the marketing team does it again. I present the DPG, the Dinosaur Protection Group. Claire's movement has a website! It's interesting, confirms Sorna is still a thing as well as mentioning certain dino's that have died out on the island (Edmontosaurus to name one). Another interesting fact on there is the Mosasur is loose in the waters surrounding the island. If your a fan, check it out.

http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/index.html

• Thumbs Up 1

• 21 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Also the marketing team does it again. I present the DPG, the Dinosaur Protection Group. Claire's movement has a website! It's interesting, confirms Sorna is still a thing as well as mentioning certain dino's that have died out on the island (Edmontosaurus to name one). Another interesting fact on there is the Mosasur is loose in the waters surrounding the island. If your a fan, check it out.

http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/index.html

Interesting I think I will, now this Jurassic film could easily my favorite Jurassic film next to Jurassic World and The Lost World : Jurassic Park. Also according to some leaked Lego sets, we could see the introduction to the Stigimoloch, a dinosaur similar to the Pachycephalosaurus. In addition to that we see the Carnotaurus, Apatosaurus and the Baryonyx, both in the film and Lego sets. Still no word on a new Lego Jurassic World Video Game.

• 2 weeks later...

New toys, and MAN, is Mattel delivering!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/412099-mattels-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-toys-revealed#/slide/16

Spoiler

jurassic-world-toys-8.jpg

jurassic-world-toys-6.jpg

jurassic-world-toys-16.jpg

jurassic-world-toys-14.jpg

jurassic-world-toys-13.jpg

jurassic-world-toys-2.jpg

Most importantly, we finally have our first clear-cut look at the Indoraptor, and may I just say that this is the most badass-looking dinosaur since Rexy herself!

Spoiler

_0mzn7cOZdwQiF-b1mu7p57HccNwbQ8yvby3mcJ-fqg.png?w=609&s=cd2c6cd71add28295f52cbadccba90a6

My cash is about to go extinct!

• Fist Bump 2

This is the best toyline since the Lost World. Its variety is jaw dropping! Baryonyx looks amazing and Rexy's face is perfectly sculpted. Also Barbie's... odd choice but hey, its hilarious.

A Toy Fair presentation has revealed a shocking new detail about the Indoraptor:

Spoiler

It's a dude! The first male dino of the Jurassic World generation! Let's hope it sticks to just killing dinosaurs and not...you know. 

Spoiler

Donkey Kong 64 Donkey Kong 3 Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Super Smash Bros. Melee Mario Party 2 face nose smile head eyebrow cheek eye chin close up mouth finger

• 3 weeks later...

So it seems Jurassic Park is now trying the Pokemon Go treatment...

You are a DPG member, hunting down dinosaurs that have escaped Isla Nublar and you have to save them. Seems a bit of a "everyone was doing it" kinda thing but eh, might give it a look. 

www.JurassicWorldAlive.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, as well as the 25th anniversary of the Jurassic franchise is fully underway. Dr. Peeper is having limited edition JW:FK cans. Jurassic Park T-Rex appears in Ready Player One. Lego releases a set based on Jurassic Park 1. Lots more is also going on.
  • Fallen-Kingdom-Dr-Pepper.jpg
  • Screen-Shot-2018-02-15-at-17.58.56.png
  • Lots moreJurassic World/ Park mercandise is also expected.

• 4 weeks later...

New teaser for the final trailer of Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom arrives this Wednesday.

Plus the first pre-order trailer for Jurassic World Evolution, which doesn't seem to have a Switch release date.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just read the book this winter. Phenomenal writing by Chrichton as expected. I couldn't get enough and read Lost World right after. The movies are some of my favorites ever. I'd say the first one is my all time favorite movie ever in fact.

Pumped for the new one. It looks like the horror level is up again, and it kind of has a Lost World feel to it. Which is perfect. If anyone wants awesome JP info check out Klayon Fiorti on youtube. The videos he puts out are excellent. Theories, predictions, he talks about the trailers and delves into the lore. Even the obscure stuff like comics and toys.

I think I saw new JP comics coming out also? Not sure if that is true though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to take this opportunity to share three screenshots with y'all. First, two very clear looks at the new Indoraptor:

Spoiler

DBsPetwkrRxS2IuwbyXBgoX5f_P6-XKv1dwlUpshOT0.jpg?w=1000&s=5ff6345807e06dfb0f2c19f3ec5fd55a

Pretty clever callback to the classic raptor kitchen scene!

kcYUt_8bOUegfvuSeE2BmKeWm0U0gWVIqMESM93Fuo4.png?w=572&s=054162eaa11277e85b3271cf89da418b

It's amazing how much more amiable villanous actors are when not in character.

And finally, a very chilling image you might've seen in today's trailer, made more chilling now that the context has been figured out:

Spoiler

S4HRsWgUkSfqkvGyiq8qgJDc-G38nH-2bRetZsc3hjc.jpg?w=1024&s=c13d33f71d2ad128b611debe934929a9

Seems Mosasaur really did get a king-sized meal at the end of the last film. (Or queen-sized. Whatever)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

So Fallen Kigdom has been out in the UK for a half week. Its doing kinda meh on Rotten Tomato's (63%) but I find it a bit contradictory. So many reviews say the series needs to evolve. The whole point of this film is that the old formula is dying. The second half is not like anything we'd had before. I believe thats the series changing.

Now my actual thoughts on the film. Its good, I like it. I think I can see why some may not like it though. The humans have some pretty bad lines, some bad characters (Franklin really sucks as he is a whiny coward) and the villains are a bit over the top. The good stuff is really good though. The dinosaur action is on point, the intro scene is one of the best scenes in the franchise, there is one shot that had my crying really hard and that Indoraptor...its really cool and terrifying. The music was also extremely atmospheric and powerful, good on Micheal Giachinno.

Spoiler

Spoiler talk. I really didn't like that the little girl was a clone too. Just took me out of it. Though lets talk about those deaths! Indoraptor playing dead, grinning when Wheatley looked away then lifting him in the air, biting his hand off, waching him cry before slaughtering him. Has to be one of my favourite deaths ever, the bastard really irked me with his tooth fetish. Mills being faked out by a Carnotaur then snatched up by a T-Rex, only to be torn in two was also amazing.

Overall, go see it for the dinosaurs. Especially Blue and the Stygimoloch. You will love that Stygimoloch. I leave you with a peice of the soundtrack, as a sample.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

So Fallen Kigdom has been out in the UK for a half week. Its doing kinda meh on Rotten Tomato's (63%) but I find it a bit contradictory. So many reviews say the series needs to evolve. The whole point of this film is that the old formula is dying. The second half is not like anything we'd had before. I believe thats the series changing.

Now my actual thoughts on the film. Its good, I like it. I think I can see why some may not like it though. The humans have some pretty bad lines, some bad characters (Franklin really sucks as he is a whiny coward) and the villains are a bit over the top. The good stuff is really good though. The dinosaur action is on point, the intro scene is one of the best scenes in the franchise, there is one shot that had my crying really hard and that Indoraptor...its really cool and terrifying. The music was also extremely atmospheric and powerful, good on Micheal Giachinno.

Hide contents

Spoiler talk. I really didn't like that the little girl was a clone too. Just took me out of it. Though lets talk about those deaths! Indoraptor playing dead, grinning when Wheatley looked away then lifting him in the air, biting his hand off, waching him cry before slaughtering him. Has to be one of my favourite deaths ever, the bastard really irked me with his tooth fetish. Mills being faked out by a Carnotaur then snatched up by a T-Rex, only to be torn in two was also amazing.

Overall, go see it for the dinosaurs. Especially Blue and the Stygimoloch. You will love that Stygimoloch. I leave you with a peice of the soundtrack, as a sample.

I had a feeling there were going to be some criticism concerning the new formula, but I think it does need to change and from what I'm hearing it's doing just that really well.

So no Spinosaurus, or was Site B even explained in the film?

1 minute ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I had a feeling there were going to be some criticism concerning the new formula, but I think it does need to change and from what I'm hearing it's doing just that really well.

So no Spinosaurus, or was Site B even explained in the film?

No Spinosaur, the DPG website confirms its extinct. Sorna gets a mention or two about it being the factory floor, there's not much left there but not much else. Since we meet John Hammond's secret business partner, we do skim the history.  If you want deeper lore, just read the DPG website. It explains the Spinosaur's creation, Sorna's fate and other little nuggets of lore.

34 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

No Spinosaur, the DPG website confirms its extinct. Sorna gets a mention or two about it being the factory floor, there's not much left there but not much else. Since we meet John Hammond's secret business partner, we do skim the history.  If you want deeper lore, just read the DPG website. It explains the Spinosaur's creation, Sorna's fate and other little nuggets of lore.

I've been hearing there's an after credits scene, Is this true?

3 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I've been hearing there's an after credits scene, Is this true?

There is. Doesn't really add anything though, just a teeny extension to the last few shots.

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

There is. Doesn't really add anything though, just a teeny extension to the last few shots.

I'm curious,  does Rexy get a worthy role in this movie?

8 hours ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

I'm curious,  does Rexy get a worthy role in this movie?

Rexy has about 5 scenes, some are very short. She has 2 really good scenes (heck, her first scene is one of the best scenes in the series). She's mostly fan service but heck, she is really enjoyable. Though her big roar (from the trailer), she sounds really off.