Awoo.

Sonic the hedgehog 4.com is down... ... ... WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? "Nothing, it's a glitch" --- Bmn

Badnik Mechanic

I refuse to post this in the Episode 3 topic because... it's far from confirmation at all.

Okay so heres the facts/what we know...

Sonic 4 has an official website called Sonicthehedgehog4.com. For at least a week (if not longer) the site has been down.

Now despite what you may think of the game. Sonic 4 episode 2 isn't a year old yet, and both it and episode 1 are easilly obtainable from virtually any online service over multiple devices.

Check this out...

Sonic Chronicles,

Sonic Unleashed, (lol nope product page)

Sonic & the Secret rings (lol nope product page)

Sonic Rivals

Sonic & the black knight

Those games? You see those games... every one of them still has either their official mini or main website still online! Sonic Unleashed even shows you can buy it for the playstation 2 for goodness sake! (lol nope, product page).

If the reason is critical reception... again, Black Knights website is still live!

We're talking about a game (technically 2 games) which whilst not that great, have had their official website removed despite being under a year old and still easy to buy... whats going on?

Yes, it is quite curious, figure we ought to find out something in the next couple weeks though, the reveal for any sonic game could be later this month, or at E3

S4E3? Wouldn't be surprised. But I don't see why site would have to go down for them to make an update that would go live in the future. Or why they'd even have to change anything that might result in an error.

inb4 people stupidly start hyping everything.

EDIT: Oh for the record, Hogfather, those aren't Unleashed and SatSR mini-sites you've linked to. I don't know if they're still live, but the links just lead to the general product pages.

Edited by Blue Blood

Ep1 delayed, released in October 2010, - 19  month gap - Ep2 released in May 2012, - 19 month gap - and Ep3 to be released in December 2013 would make sense, I guess.

Edited by -Bender-

Well Ken Balough leaving Sega might have something to do with it.

Who knows.

I'm just gonna lie here and dream for a full remake of both games in one, with less awkward everything less boosters less springs better everything that needed to be better (infact i don't need to explain it you all know how much sonic 4 could benefit from a total remake)

I'm not saying that's what'll happen

but damn do I want it.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know what I think this is? I don't think it's anything at all. I think it's a farce. A scam. Something to get us all worked up over nothing.

I guess you could say... it's a red herring

• Thumbs Up 4

Well Ken Balough leaving Sega might have something to do with it.

Who knows.

Please tell me you don't really think that one guy leaving SEGA has anything to do with a website going offline. And not even offline properly in the sense it redirects to SEGA's homepage or the S4 product page. It looks like an error.

EDIT: Oh for the record, Hogfather, those aren't Unleashed and SatSR mini-sites you've linked to. I don't know if they're still live, but the links just lead to the general product pages.

Thanks, removed those from the list. Just going through as many games as I can think of to see which ones have some kind of website still live.

Right now? Nothing. It means nothing. People are just extrapolating from incomplete, incoherent information.

Until SEGA officially states something, it's merely a coincidence.

Edited by Dr. Homem

Very Interesting! It could mean nothing but it could be a hint that something is on the way who knows...

Guess time will tell. Personally i am excited for an Ep 3.

I enjoyed Ep 2 a lot! I played it a lot and i speedrunned it a lot! and if Knuckles is in this then even better.

lol I found this funny.

Heres the link to the old 'Sonic Unleashed website' it now takes you to the Sonic Dash product page.

Also is this the product page or website. old TSS article say it's the japanese official website for Sonic Unleashed. But it looks like a product page to me.

I fully expect an Episode III, but perhaps Sega just has some incompetent person running the server who didn't notice.

I doubt the website is viewed 'that' much so I'm going to go with something going bad on the technical side. I refuse to look any father into this then that because it's silly too.

This would be my guess, either they want to ignore the game and pretend it never existed, or they took down the website to update it for Episode 3 so it wouldn't be leaked...eh, I'm not smart, I wouldn't take my ideas seriously...

What's specifically happening is a recurring loop of redirects between www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/us and www.sega.com/sonic4, which suggests minor technical problem. But still, to leave it like that for nearly a week?

This would be my guess, either they want to ignore the game and pretend it never existed, or they took down the website to update it for Episode 3 so it wouldn't be leaked...eh, I'm not smart, I wouldn't take my ideas seriously...

Actually this is smarter than you think it is.

I hadn't considered that it was taken down to prevent stuff being leaked, well done SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 6

What's specifically happening is a recurring loop of redirects between www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/us and www.sega.com/sonic4, which suggests minor technical problem. But still, to leave it like that for nearly a week?

Well, they didn't put much effort into the actual game, so I suppose it should come as no surprise that they aren't putting much effort into its website either.

:P

Actually this is smarter than you think it is.

I hadn't considered that it was taken down to prevent stuff being leaked, well done SEGA.

Ken Balough's last ditch effort for the series before he left. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

I've seen SEGA link to dead pages for longer. And my guess is that it simply has been brought to the attention of the right person yet.

At last - Sonic 4 as you truly imagined it:

Picture1-4.png

*inb4 "it's still better than what we got" comments*

• Thumbs Up 1