Awoo.

Post Your Amazing Desktop

Diz

K8hI79I.png

I do love me some Daft Punk. This image was too amazing not to have as my wallpaper.

• Thumbs Up 5

tumblr_mm86worhgZ1s7xa38o1_500.png

Got The Iron Giant all up in my Galaxy S3.

I still adore this movie to death.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 4

desk_zps0cc7bea2.png?t=1367593647

Girl und Panzer.

I love cutesy innocent anime school girls like the ones from K-ON! and I love tanks, but when you combine simple designed girls with grossly detailed and accurate tanks then it's just a thing of beauty, as you can see they like to abuse this gift, I don't think my commanding officer if I were in the TA would be happy about me using a war machine as a sun lounger in the middle of a river :l

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 1

FTwRU7f.jpg

Here, have a Coruscant. Changed the background of my Mom's MaBook Pro to this, quite beautiful. You already know that I'm an avid fan of Star Wars, and this paranoma of Coruscant seen in Episode III was just pure elegance, the lights, the architecture, the night sky.. just awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing all these lovely desktops makes me want to spruce mine up a bit... folders... EVERYWHERE.

923030_377005822408145_110160131_n.jpg

My new desktop is concept art from The Avengers with The Hulk about to do what he does best, smash.

In addition of being fan of The Avengers and The Hulk, this picture very cool to look at, with the planes shooting at him, broken things everywhere and all that stuff below the Helicarrier.

This is one my favortie desktop backgrounds yet.

Why yes thank you, my desktop is amazing. *shot*

Desktop_zps5d665e2b.png

Ocarina of Time 3D boxart is best wallpaper.

Edited by -Mark-

32zuxy8.jpg

Another new background for my Galaxy S III, now with a fan-made poster of a well-known Studio Ghibli film, My Neighbor Totoro. I love minimalism in artwork, and it looks just like an official film poster. An excellent one at that.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

T1zPVVl.jpgHomestuck is the best anime.

Pftts you wish.

ammJq.jpg

This is

nQoMTtK.jpg

yes good let me give a little of a backstory

So I got my 360 working again (modded xbox ftw), and I remembered I had The Orange Box around and that I never /ever/ got past Water Hazard in Half-Life 2. So naturally I played Portal for the sixth time. 

And I BEAT IT.

FOR THE SIXTH TIME.

So I thought "sure whynaut" and gave Half-Life 2 another chance, and I finally got past Water Hazard (so tideous). And that game oh boy, it's so awesome. So I decided to give a little bit of gratitude (?) to Valve by having this glorious art thing I found in Google. And that's it I think. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I forget how long I had this background for, but it kinda shows why I don't want to get rid of it yet. It's simple, yet effective.

Ain't he purty?

dbNXMro.png

Edited by TheChaosBlue
  • Thumbs Up 4

desktop-25_zpse3432f5f.png

and no. the numbers on that playlist are not a lie. XD. oh, if anyone's curious, that is the Sengoku Basara soundtrack you're seeing there; minus the T.M. Revolution song at the bottom.

Edited by Death the Kid

Mine at the moment, with a countdown for Animal Crossing New Leaf. I got the background off Pixiv I think?

ZaYX1tm.png

Edited by Mollfie
  • Thumbs Up 2

New AMAZING background I took with the No HUD mod in Gens. It's beautiful :'D

Also deleted some shortcuts I don't need anymore to tidy up a bit.

PCzP8YL.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Changed the background to something to do with one of my favourite game for the MD. I don't really like that it's stretched, but it's all I can find.

qVrJS27.jpg

Guys, keep in mind that the entire reason this thread was restarted was to try to get insight out of your desktop choices.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess I'll post mine as well.ShanaBackground_zpse2850e2f.png

This is from an anime series called Shakugan no Shana. The character you see here is the main protagonist, Shana. She's pretty much one of my favorites, if not my favorite female anime character of all time. I really wanted to find a pretty epic, badass background related to this series, and I feel that this desktop background should suffice.

Of course, if someone can show me a better Shana desktop background, that would be awesome as well.

Edited by canderson
  • Thumbs Up 2

b107GaK.jpg

A new desktop image, now with a fan-made painting of the Studio Ghibli film, Spirited Away. I've finally come to watch the film for the first time, with me only seeing only two other Ghibli films (Ponyo and Arrietty). I haven't seen it fully and I've only got to see it in small tidbits due to be me being busy, but I just love this film so far. The animation, storytelling, score, everything about this film just pours pure excellence, and is most definitely going to make it into my list of all-time favorite films, animated or otherwise. 

• Thumbs Up 2

This is a different PC of mine I've not uploaded. This PC is my main Windows machine and is used strictly for games and video editing, nothing else.

I had Mumble open as I use that to talk to other people while I game, I have the Zune XP theme because it looks a bit better imo, Vegas 9.0 and VideoStudio Pro X6 for editing. I have the Mac OS X 10.4 background because I've always been quite fond of how simple and blue it is.

The computer is old and seriously due for replacement.

AMD Athlon64 X2 4600+, 1.5 TB HD space, 3GB RAM, Radeon X1560 and a Blu-ray drive for backup purposes. I think I'll get something new this fall.

Sure it's not an "amazing desktop", but it's quite something I can still edit proper HD on it without any issues.

Ef2RvOj.png

Edited by SkyLlama

I love Sonic Unleashed's extra cutscenes and really love the colour and calm of this shot,plus, these two are cute.

background_zps15725f40.png

Edited by Amomynous
  • Thumbs Up 4