Awoo.

George Osborne caught parking in a disabled space.

Stacy

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/osborne-disabled-parking-space-storm-014632996.html

I heard you wanted more stories about Tories being ignorant idiots so apparently George Osbrone parked in a McDonalds Disabled Parking space in a large modern Land Rover.

You can't buy that kind of bad publicity.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/apr/04/mick-philpott-benefits-lifestyle-questioned

It doesn't help that Osborne has come under fire for linking benefits to the Mick Philpott case.

Once again showing that politicians like Ian Duncan Smith and George Osborne are out of touch with the people of Britain and think everybody on benefits is a scum bag like Mick Philpott.dry.png   

Chancellor-of-the-exchequ-010.jpg

"Get these flea ridden peasants away from me!". 

Edited by BW199148

My conclusion:

Nobody in parliament know how to drive, or park, for that matter.

Well at least the British politicians are more creative with their scandals. Ours just preach excessively about how bad homosexuality is and are then caught having a gay affair.

In all seriousness, wow. I know Disabled parking spaces are subject to a lot of abuse (over here at least), but for a politician to just so blatantly disrespect the law is very concerning.

My conclusion:

Nobody in parliament know how to drive, or park, for that matter.

Wouldn't surprise me. Why bother driving when you can just hire a chauffeur at taxpayer expense?

Is it possible for a politician  to become any less popular? His reception at the Paralympics would agree.

Well at least the British politicians are more creative with their scandals. Ours just preach excessively about how bad homosexuality is and are then caught having a gay affair.

Nah, our politicians aren't that creative either. A lot of scandals involve either Tax evasion or claiming something stupid back on expenses. Osborne must have felt like doing something different this time.

I'm suprised we decided to focus on this George Osborne story... and not this one.

George Osborne supports his governments benefit cuts policy by trying to say "If we don't cut the benefits, we'll have more people like Mick Philpott"

For those who don't know... Mick Philpott was found guilty two days ago for the manslaughter of his 6 children!

I'm suprised we decided to focus on this George Osborne story... and not this one.

George Osborne supports his governments benefit cuts policy by trying to say "If we don't cut the benefits, we'll have more people like Mick Philpott"

For those who don't know... Mick Philpott was found guilty two days ago for the manslaughter of his 6 children!

I kind of mentioned that in my post. wink.png

So his argument is "government benefits make people murderous psychopaths."

Okay, let us assume for a moment his correlation is in fact causation. Let us flip this on its face.

Most murderers are people with jobs. Ergo, we can determine that having a job makes you murderous! We must promote unemployment for the good of society!

Seriously, this guy is an idiot. Well, it makes me feel a little bit better about our government that we're not the only ones with a generous dose of stupidity in our politicians. The ones across the pond don't complain as much about healthcare or capital punishment but it sounds like they're a never ending source of comedy or depression (depending on the day of the week) just the same.

A lot of people in the UK who aren't disabled park in disabled spaces, using blue disabled parking badges which they shouldn't even have. A politician doing it is nothing out of the ordinary, but you'd think he'd have more sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot of people in the UK who aren't disabled park in disabled spaces, using blue disabled parking badges which they shouldn't even have. A politician doing it is nothing out of the ordinary, but you'd think he'd have more sense.

It's mostly a big deal because he was slagging off people on benefits which mostly consists of people who are disabled, then he goes and parks in one of their spaces as if raising a big middle finger and going 'fuck you I do what I like because I'm rich' to them all.

• Thumbs Up 5

This is one of the most low key scandals I've ever seen. Where's the anonymous gay sex in a public bathroom? Where's the hundreds of thousands of dollars in embezzlement from campaign funds? Where's the pork barrel civil projects that spend millions on infrastructure to backwater hometowns?

• Thumbs Up 6

This is one of the most low key scandals I've ever seen. Where's the anonymous gay sex in a public bathroom? Where's the hundreds of thousands of dollars in embezzlement from campaign funds? Where's the pork barrel civil products?

It's... it's a tad more complicated than that. George Osborne said the following before the general election, "We're all in this together" when talking about how his party would sort out the UK ecconomy. People assumed that he would tax everybody fairly and cuts would be made appropriately... Since then... he has done the following..

* When it came to sorting out each local council budget, it was noticed that poorer areas had their budgets cut by a drastically high ammount compared to rich areas and areas which were under Conservative party control. Labour and Lib dem constituancies were hit much harder.

* Raised university fees to over £9000 (make your own 9000 joke).

* Give millionaires a £50,000 tax break, whilst raising taxes for those on lower incomes.

* Caught sitting in first class on a train when he had only a standard ticket then attempted to refuse payment. (usually if you do this you would be fined a lot of money). This may seem small depending where you live. However British trains are notoriously expensive and overcrowded. Getting a seat is very difficult unless you book in advanced by a period of months and the prices to get on the train are very high, even in standard... so we're all in this together... oh I'm sat in first class with a standard ticket... upgrade? Nah....

* The bedroom tax (this means, if you live in council/state owned house and you have a 'spare room' you'll be taxed on it. The problem is that people are living in these homes because there aren't enough smaller homes. So even if you wanted/asked to be moved to a smaller property, you'll be fined as you have no choice but to stay there.

* The changes to incapacity benefit which means someone who isn't a doctor decides how 'sick/well enough' a person is which results in if they can work. This is good for people with obvious disabilities... However, not everyone has obvious disabilities.

* The public sector cuts.

* Not bothering to sort out the Starbucks/Amazon tax breaks.

* All the benefit/welfare cuts that we had a topic on last week.

* And now todays 'I'm parking in the disabled parking bay/all people on benefits may kill their kids' gaffee he made the other day.

On it's own, it's nothing, even the John Prescott who was deputy Prime Minister parked in the disabled bay once. But it's that he has a bit of a habbit for kicking those in need over those who he probably should be taxing.

• Thumbs Up 8

This is one of the most low key scandals I've ever seen. Where's the anonymous gay sex in a public bathroom? Where's the hundreds of thousands of dollars in embezzlement from campaign funds? Where's the pork barrel civil projects that spend millions on infrastructure to backwater hometowns?

Its not a scandal its just a politician being a clueless fuckwit and people have called him on it.

I think the bigger issue is him comparing people on benefits to Mick Philpott.

That is like comparing Ant & Dec with Jimmy Saville.dry.png

Mick Philpott is a man who started a fire that killed 6 of his 17 children (some of them were with their mother) who started it so he could frame his other partner (yes he had two at the same time) and make himself look like the victim as he saved all his Children. However it backfired and he did it while the children were sleeping. He is currently the most despised man in Britain.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/04/mick-philpott-jailed-derby-fire

Edited by BW199148

Honestly, sounds like news has been fucking slow for awhile if this is the best headline news can muster up

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly, sounds like news has been fucking slow for awhile if this is the best headline news can muster up

It's not just this headline the papers and newshows have been whoring-out. It's that 'scandal' of one of the politicians being pulled over the coals to a pretty ridiculous degree for allegedly calling cops 'plebs' because they wouldn't let him ride his bicycle through a gate.

Yep, British news is like that nowadays...

It's not just this headline the papers and newshows have been whoring-out. It's that 'scandal' of one of the politicians being pulled over the coals to a pretty ridiculous degree for allegedly calling cops 'plebs' because they wouldn't let him ride his bicycle through a gate.

Yep, British news is like that nowadays...

The thing with plebgate is that this one might actually end up being a bit of a scadle as it's now going into the area of police corruption so... That'll probably come back quite big eventually... if anyone still cares by then.

This is a problem in the United States as well. My grandmother lets my brother drive around with her disabled badge. Helping out society's most needy is definitely a noble goal, but when abuse becomes widespread enough it might be time to consider some reform.

As for this case in particular: given how high profile he is, yeah, you think he would be more aware of his surroundings. I'm going to guess he comes from a "safe" voting district though, to the point he can urinate all over the country and they'll keep voting him back in.

Sounds like politics is ultimately far more laid back in the UK, so they have to focus on smaller things we'd overlook.

Then again, based on Hogfather's post, there are levels of douchery even higher than over here in some of the politicians. I guess they have a case of quality over quantity when it comes to their corrupt officials.

So his argument is "government benefits make people murderous psychopaths."

Okay, let us assume for a moment his correlation is in fact causation. Let us flip this on its face.

Most murderers are people with jobs. Ergo, we can determine that having a job makes you murderous! We must promote unemployment for the good of society!

Seriously, this guy is an idiot. Well, it makes me feel a little bit better about our government that we're not the only ones with a generous dose of stupidity in our politicians. The ones across the pond don't complain as much about healthcare or capital punishment but it sounds like they're a never ending source of comedy or depression (depending on the day of the week) just the same.

Right. Philpot was dispicable, but he never once intended on killing his children (People seem to miss that while he was terrible, his intention was to set the house on fire, then save his children to look a hero compared to his mistress with whom had 5 kids and he wanted their benefit money too. Murderous would imply he wanted them dead, which was never the case). If anything Osborne is more stating that benefits make scum.

Politicians like Osborne and Iain Duncan Smith (Who honestly I kinda liked when he was Leader of the Opposition, but now has become a right cunt since getting in power), along with many, many, many, tory MP's are basically applicable to the same rule as thumb as Daily Mail and Daily Express headlines.

* When it came to sorting out each local council budget, it was noticed that poorer areas had their budgets cut by a drastically high ammount compared to rich areas and areas which were under Conservative party control. Labour and Lib dem constituancies were hit much harder.

* The changes to incapacity benefit which means someone who isn't a doctor decides how 'sick/well enough' a person is which results in if they can work. This is good for people with obvious disabilities... However, not everyone has obvious disabilities.

Actually I like these two points a lot. Osborne (And Cameron) repeatedly claimed that no council would lose more than 7% of their budget. Meanwhile Blackburn lost I believe about 18% and Burnely lost 21%? However as Hogfather pointed out, Conservative councils weren't hit hard, or at all. In fact, neighbouring council "Ribble Valley" got an increase in their budget.

Meanwhile the disability changes have really fucked everything up. It's now got to the point now where doctors are now just signing sick notes for people who should be on PIP (Formerly) DLA.

I have noticed one shift though lately in politics. Labour is no-longer focusing on the LibDems (Rightfully so, a lot of this wasn't their fault. Blame them for the coalition all you want, the tories got more than enough votes to bully Labour) and are now constantly going "Conservative led" or "Tory led", because there's a fair bit of quite fighting now. Vince Cable completely contradicting Osborne does that I guess.

I'm hoping Scotland says Yes next year and we get our independance purely to get away from the Tories who we didn't vote for. It's people like Osbourne and Smith who are pushing people towards Yes vote as i've seen plenty of people who were all for saying no and thanks to the Tories there changing there minds.

Even tho it's just a disabled parking it's alls these wee things that add up. Never liked the man.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like politics is ultimately far more laid back in the UK, so they have to focus on smaller things we'd overlook.

Then again, based on Hogfather's post, there are levels of douchery even higher than over here in some of the politicians. I guess they have a case of quality over quantity when it comes to their corrupt officials.

I dunno. Hard to top a Gay-bashing Senator being caught having anonymous gay sex in an airport bathroom, or a Governor known for using the State Police to spy on his political enemies being caught by the Federal police spending tens of thousands of dollars of campaign funding on hookers.

This seems more like the Representative who went on a crusade against UN delegates having unpaid parking tickets only to later be found to have the highest amount of unpaid parking tickets for a federal employee (and then he Tweeted a picture of his dick to some chicks following him).