• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mollfie

• Thirsty Pocket

• Badnik Zero

• Sega DogTagz

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say video games are more abusive to people than to animals, even pinatas get better treatment! :(

If by better treatment you mean inbred, killed by being beaten over the head with a shovel, and then fed to their family/neighbors :P

In SA1, you can lure the animals you rescue from enemies to fall off an edge. Does that count?

I do that all the time with the animals I don't want, it's so annoying that they follow you. >.>;

Apparently the story behind Donkey Kong is that Jump Man ( Mario ) had a pet gorilla that he would abuse, and it escaped and kidnapped his girlfriend, Pauline.

Wow, where did you find that out?

Pokemon.

Well actually, I cant remeber where I read it but I know that it has been said that the Pokemon in...well Pokemon actually enjoy the battling[/nerdmode]

But other than that I dont know any that havent been said already

Wow, where did you find that out?

I know wikipedia isn't that reliable, but I trust this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_(..._and_characters

Anyhow. Almost every video game series I know of features bats as a target. I get that bats are traditional enemies and all... but seriously. For the most part they are just your average "defend the nest" kind of creatures... Seriously Mr. Belmont. Leave 'em alone. And as of Super Mario world, even the JumpMan has stooped to squashing bats. For shame. Leave teh bats alone.

I thought of another one... In Wario Ware, there is a minigame called "Chicken pinch" in which you smash this little bird like thing in between a pair of tweezers.

A guilty pleasure of mine is torturing the Monkeys in Yoshi's Island.

That is actually quite interesting Lando. I normally don't take much stock in Wikipedia but that does sound realtively true. I can imagine that being true as we all like a good sob story involving gorillas.

Yoshi abuse always made me sad. That "motivational poster" with Mario using the ejection method was really funny but it is still sad as whenever I did it by accident I made sure I killed myself as punishment too. XD Guilt complexes are not fun.

The Ratchet games have a long history of transforming enemies into explosive, suicidal farm creatures.

Jump in the water with Yoshi in Super Mario Sunshine. D:

Poor guy.

^ This

Worse than Postal 2

Fact ):

Well actually, I cant remeber where I read it but I know that it has been said that the Pokemon in...well Pokemon actually enjoy the battling[/nerdmode]

But other than that I dont know any that havent been said already

Yeah it's been said lots of time in Pokemon, by the Pokemon company that they like battling, and that they don't get hurt or anything when in the balls, they sort of...shrink or something?

Jump in the water with Yoshi in Super Mario Sunshine. D:

Poor guy.

Spray water on the birds. They (Explode?) and turn into Coins/Shine sprites/Whatever.

The birds look pretty when left alone. Couldn't the coins have just been lying around.

^ rofl

If you took out everything we've mentioned...then what would be left in games? What would you be doing? You'd have no enemies really.

If by better treatment you mean inbred, killed by being beaten over the head with a shovel, and then fed to their family/neighbors :P

Just like how humans are treated in my town of Barnsley. ;P

In Half-Life, you have to shoot these poor defenceless Headcrabs that jump at you for a hug, but because Gordon's suck a prick he thinks they're attacking him. :(

And they launched Lamarr into space forever. DDD:

Edited by Nathan Speed

Sonic: I'm sure being subjugated to over 5 years of bad writing could count as animal abuse in itself, but you can't forget that he's been forcefully given a crippling fatal allergy to water, repeatedely forced to perform in space without any kind of protective equipment, and repeatedly KILLED (thousands of times thanks to a combination of terrible level design and player ineptitude; ONCE unavoidably, in Sonic '06) simply for the sake of human pleasure. You people make me sick. :angry:

Also on the subject of Chao, forget physically abusing them. You can sell their eggs on the black market. For christ's sake, that's somebody's kids in there. How would you like it if I sold YOUR babies to slavery?

In virtually any Tomb Raider game, Lara poaches endangered species for the sake of archaeology. Seriously, you could at LEAST bring a tranquilizer instead.

God Hand: You get turned into a tiny dog and kicked around. Technically it still counts.

Fallout 3: Speaks for itself. I don't care if the cow is irradiated and has two heads, that doesn't make it a mercy killing.

REVENGE: In Yoshi's Island, through a glitch in the game, it is possible to swallow baby Mario, turn him into an egg and throw him into the stratosphere.