Awoo.

Dubbing.

Sоnic

They'll never take me alive!

Dubstep should be officialy declared a weapon, it is getting so annoying

Nah.

The soundtracks in the series with variety are usually the best ones.

I wouldn't mind a dubstep style song for a stage or two though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would you like a Sonic game where ALL Music was Dubstep?

I do not want to hear "wubwuwbwubwubwuwbwubwuwb" in the background repeatedly while playing a Sonic game, thanks.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 3

Maybe one or two stages but...it doesn't really work, not fast paced enough (plus it's annoying XP). Drum n' bass, Techno, even Power Metal work much better with Sonic.

No not really. Not my style.

HAI NEPH!

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

There's more to dubstep than the American style (and even then, I like that style anyway, and it has potential to be fast-paced. Ry Legit, Dirtyphonics, and even some of Skrillex's work are easy examples); there's traditional UK style which is reminiscent of drum and bass, darkstep, dirty/grime darkstep, chillstep. It's a genre with a wide-enough range of styles, individual songs, influences, and craftsmanship to be worthy of more than the hipster "lol it all sounds like Skrillex" nonsense it's always leveled with. I don't think an entire soundtrack of dubstep is necessary, but I see no real reason to deny the genre entry into the series, especially when we've had nearly every other popular genre at this point.

• Thumbs Up 7

I like Dubstep (you can laugh now), but... no.

First of all, it's too slow for someone like, and second, it doesn't fit the tone of the games at all.

Now Drum 'n' Bass, on the other hand...

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind Glitch-Hop too much in a Sonic game.

Edited by Big McLargehuge
  • Thumbs Up 1

As a person who enjoys some dubstep, I wouldn't mind one or two songs being dubstep. An entire soundtrack however? Hellllllllll no. One of my favourite things about Sonic soundtracks are the variety, and I wouldn't like one entirely comprised of WUBWUBWUBWUBWUWBUWBWUBWUBW

Edited by Enderwoman
  • Thumbs Up 5

Why would such a family friendly series use the auditory equivalent of Chinese water torture? Think of the children, man.

I wouldn't mind having some dubstep Sonic songs, just not a whole lot. Maybe like 1 or 2 songs at most. But if executed correctly, I would like it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally no.

Not because of what it is or anything (like any genre, there's awesome songs in any of them and they're all cool in their own ways), it's just I don't frankly see it fitting Sonic really. If someone where to yell at me and ask what genre of music I think a Sonic game should be as a complete whole, I'd probably lean more on a fast-punk rock/ska oriented line up, not dubstep. Though that aside, I'm more-over a fan of Sonic games having a wide spectrum of genres that just don't suit the character, but the levels and themes themselves. Constricting the rodent to just one type of sound just doesn't feel right personally.

Also for future reference, could you put some more backbone into your opening post? If would've saw this earlier before it spawned a somewhat half decent discussion I probably would've locked it.

• Thumbs Up 1

One, maybe two songs, I don't mind dubstep, but please, not every goddamn song.

Hmm.. maybe one or two could contain a little bit of dubstep (doesn't Sonic Dash have a wee bit of dubstep going?), seeing as some people like it... but a whole soundtrack?!

Hell to the No! :D

Personally no.

Not because of what it is or anything (like any genre, there's awesome songs in any of them and they're all cool in their own ways), it's just I don't frankly see it fitting Sonic really. If someone where to yell at me and ask what genre of music I think a Sonic game should be as a complete whole, I'd probably lean more on a fast-punk rock/ska oriented line up, not dubstep. Though that aside, I'm more-over a fan of Sonic games having a wide spectrum of genres that just don't suit the character, but the levels and themes themselves. Constricting the rodent to just one type of sound just doesn't feel right personally.

Also for future reference, could you put some more backbone into your opening post? If would've saw this earlier before it spawned a somewhat half decent discussion I probably would've locked it.

Maybe this could be expanded into a "What genre of music best fits Sonic?" topic? Unless one of those already exists...

I dont know what dubstep is, but i wouldn't want all music in a Sonic game to belong to one single genre, not after the great variety that Sega has spoiled us with over the years.

Maybe one or two tracks, the closest we've got really I can think of is that Metro Madness music in Before the Sequel. However Sonic works better with more dance, DnB or other club esque music thanks to it's faster pace. And more recent Sonic games are having ravey/club/techno style tracks like Speed Highway Classic or even the Starlight Carnival map theme, so that's good to me too!

So no, a bit of dubstep wouldn't be terrible as long as it worked within the level's feel and pacing. I mean not every track has to be fast, remember Lava Reef Act 2? Or even Sky Sanctuary Modern when you're not boosting?

Edited by Semi-colon e

A full soundtrack? That would probably be too much of a single genre, especially when people were already complaining of eras with too much "butt rock" instead. Still, I'm pretty sure the loved Sonic: Before the Sequel soundtrack includes

mentioned before so it can be done well, I believe. Just probably not the whole soundtrack.