Awoo.

TSS COMMUNITY RELEASE: The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Well, I've had this for a few days now, being a Sonic Wrecks staffer.

Suffice to say, I was taken aback. I knew it was going to be a grand epic of amazing music from the fandom, but nothing could have prepared me for the sheer brilliance I've been listening to for the past three days or so now.

Every single one of the contributors to this album, be they musicians, cover artists, web designers, just EVERYONE-deserves a round of applause for this, and then some. AND THEN SOME MORE.

I can not praise this album highly enough. It demands listening to. I have no end of respect for the contributors-not once did I hear a song I didn't like. The effort that went into this is truly staggering.

I'll stop gushing now, but seriously-everyone, for the love of Robotnik, download this NOW. It's a beautiful reminder of the Sonic fanbases' astronomical talent once again, and a true example of an amazing collaborative effort.

• Thumbs Up 8

Long/numerous albums tend to become an unmemorable blur when listened to all in one go for me, so I'll be savouring these, treating each disc as an individual album and listening a couple of times before moving onto the next to make sure I appreciate em.

I'll do my best to post my thoughts on my fave tracks when I finish each one.  C=

• Thumbs Up 2

I did this perspective on my own tracks, if anyone is interested.

And let me say it was a great thing to get involved with from start to finish! Love you all biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 4

VIZAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRDDDDDDDD

GLIMMER. FREAKING. GROVE.

HOW MANY TIMES

Also, I can't seem to find a download. Could anyone help me?

Yay! It's finally out!

Well gonna have to review a lot of it again since I only was there for a section of the live stream ages ago and it's already kinda foggy haha, but I'll definitely put some insight down on the process I guess~

It was a fun year for this, mostly because the expansion compared to last year was utterly nuts. Like last year's felt like a little homely project of a couple of dudes, while this year a whole lot more attention was brought to it and seems a little more "real." Bunch of new faces should up and was amazing to see the creative community here grow like that, since that's always been kinda the lacking point here at SSMB I feel.

Anyways as personal contributions go, I took helm of King Procrastinator and held it off until the last two weeks until the album was due *shot*. I definitely should've got my act together sooner since I had much more planned, but I just never got around to it out of being busy and some moment of lack of interest. That in the rear-view though, I'm glad I was able to put down two tracks at least, one of them which helped me push a new envelope with my singing and fear of doing it.

So yeah! If I have to say anything, I know the track count and file size is daunting, but I think it's really meant to last you a long time. So no rush! Take it a few songs at a time and really chew on each one, because they're all fucking fantastic. Great job everyone and here's to another one!

• Thumbs Up 2

Perhaps this will motivate me to participate.

3rd time's the charm, after all.

I was thouroughly blown away by the SSR preview, as well as the YouTube preview. Can't wait to get a taste of the full album.

Good job guys, you've done it again.

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oi, King Procastinator goes to me. No SSMA-specific original tracks and 1 remix? Psssh.

(seriously though, fix Glimmer Grove, please.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Even though I sorta jumped in at the last minute, I just wanna congratulate everyone involved on a job well done and Captain Vizard on pushing the ship to the goal ring.

• Thumbs Up 4

I really hope everyone enjoys the album as I have! I did 6 songs on there from Wild Canyon to a nice Palmtree Panic arrangement collab with Dizcrybe. I have gotten some really nice comments from a lot of people and I really appreciate it. GET THE ALBUM! IT'S GREAT!

• Thumbs Up 2

Congratulations to all involved! It'll take me a while to get around to listening to everything on this gargantuan beast, but it'll happen eventually. Not sure if I'll be able to relay my thoughts on everything like I did last year, but I'll be sure to list off a few of my favorites as I go along. It also means a lot to me that I was able to make my own cover this year, since I had absolutely zero digital skills during production of the first album. I didn't actually think I would be able to get around to finishing it due to distractions and other motivational issues, but I had a huge sense of relief when I finally laid the finishing touches.

Also in my spare time, I whipped up an alternate set of covers for anyone who cares to have a different flavor for Act 7:

5pzhoWI.png

GBzJMI8.png

• Thumbs Up 8

I just finished hearing the Chun-nan remix, and I must say, this album is absolutely AMAZING so far. I might learn a bit about music myself and contribute to next year's, if that's okay.

But honestly. All of you guys deserve a freakin' award for all the effort you've put into this; I'll probably be replaying this album a LOT of times!

• Thumbs Up 3

Well according to Vizard over the Facebookernets, this is also the topic to describe your highlights, akin to last year's topic.

Anyway, I've had the album for a few days, due to, as I mentioned in my prior post, being a staff member. Suffice to say, I've listened to it many, many times in those few days!

Before I start picking 'favourites' isn't really how I'd like to describe this, as I loved every single track. ;o;

SO HERE WE GO, in no particular order:

Metal Motorway... for Stardust Speedway Doomed Future (Freen in Green)

This song was used to tease the album in a short trailer way back last year, and I loved it. LOVED IT. And now, I can listen to it in it's full glory! And it's bloody fantastic!

Initially, I was a tad gutted. The trailer had me extremely hyped for the song... and then it turned out it was only a slightly over one minute interlude. But that 1 minute is a GLORIOUS one minute, make no mistake. It's a perfect, heavy take on the ruined atmosphere of Stardust Speedway Bad Future, and I loved every second of it.

A Trip Down Memory Lane... for Mega Collection (~Faseeh~)

Mega Collection was one of my first Sonic games, and this song stuck with me for so long due to it's idyllic, peaceful nature and instrumentation. When it appeared in Sonic Generations, I had a massive grin on my face-but sod the Generations version, because in my opinion, ~Faseeh's~ take on the track topples the Generations version with ease. The beautiful idyllic feel is maintained wonderfully,  and it's such a peaceful, nostalgic song, befitting of the Mega Collection origins. I adored this track so much back when I first heard it, and ~Faseeh's~ improved it with staggering ability-hats off to you ~Faseeh!~

Echoes of the Past... for Mega Collection Extras (KatamariParadox/StereoPixel)

As just noted, Mega Collection was one of my first Sonic games. When I said the title theme stuck with me, what I really meant was the whole interface theme stuck with me. The soundtrack created such a peaceful, relaxed feeling-again, this song perfectly captures that feeling, in a wonderfully nostalgic piece that's very good to wind down to. It really is quite a beautiful arrangement, and one that... just aaaah. <3 It's really such a beautiful piece from my early childhood, and one that's been redone superbly here.

The 90's Rave Scene As You Truly Imagined It... for Sky Fortress (Dizcrybe)

To be honest I won't be bloody surprised if every Dizcrybe track shows up here, as his stuff was utterly fantastic throughout. This track stuck out in particular due to the sampling used mostly-hearing "Rock the Disco TECH!" was a jaw-dropping moment, not just for me, but my 90's Electronic Music enthusiast brother, who was more than surprised! The samples used go really well with the composition and arrangement, and all meshes nigh-perfectly into a fantastic song, and an undoubted improvement over the original. 

Project K-Your Knife Feels So Right... for Yakuza Black Panther (Freen in Green)

I'm hardly too familiar with the Yakuza series, though I have listened to a few Skankfunk tracks. Honestly, upon listening to the original version of this track, I really preferred FiG's take on it. The lyrics are fantastically done and fit the style of the song brilliantly, and the instrumental work is equally brilliant. The sampling in the background of one particular part is also a nifty touch too, and one that meshes quite well with the track. The "Get Down to the Sound, to the sound, to the sound!" is also very catchy and just... gah I love this track so much~ <3

Wrapped in Black ~ Gregzilla Mix... for Exception (Gregzilla)

I goddamn love Wrapped in Black, and this did it more than justice, it did it... something more than justice. Yeah. Seriously, this is the Wrapped in Black remix I always hoped someone with excessive amounts of talent would make, and dammit, Greg was that person, because this is one glorious remix alright. It retains the epic feeling of the original song, and then builds on that to give the song a grander scale that fits the songs atmosphere so well. The song manages to keep everything I loved so much about the original intact, but makes it stand out more and pronounces itself so much better.

Dreams of an Absolution (Two Worlds Unfold)

The guitar work at the start had me hooked already, and damn, by the end of the song I was taken aback! I honestly loved this remix so much-the vocal work was brilliant, though I feel the echo was a tad much. But the singing itself was superb, and the instrumental work was also utterly fantastic. The Green Hill Zone reference towards the end also left me grinning, as it was like the remix had come full circle with DoA being a remix of GHZ and all. All in all, this is honestly one of the finest remixes of this track I've heard.

Live and Learn Overclocked Remix (SonikkuXM)

Damn, this one blew me away. I've heard a hell of a lot of Live and Learn remixes in my 15 year lifetime, and it's a song I hold dear, given it was the theme of the first Sonic game I ever played. But damn it, out of all of them, this one is the most amazing one I've ever heard! It was an interesting, fast paced take on the song I've not heard done very often, if at all, but it certainly works here. The song flows so well into each segment, and it also feels so perfectly paced that it's the sort of song I'll gladly put on repeat for half an hour and have a mini rave to at my laptop!

Starry Night at the Disco ~ A Sonic Megamix Tribute (TheSymphonicGames)

So, what were the odds someone would remix my favourite song from any Sonic hack ever, and then manage to IMPROVE it? Well I'll be damned, because SymphonicGames did. This remix gives off the bright jubilant feeling that I loved so much about the original song. The song fits it's original stage, Starry Night Zone, so damn well in the original, being a beautiful theme park glowing in the skyline at night, and this remix heightens that feeling even more into something purely beautful. I seriously cannot praise this remix, and TheSymphonicGames, highly enough.

Anyway, that's all for now-I'll make a follow up post with more of my highlights eventually, as this is far, far from my full list of highlights.

Edited by Tracker_TD
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've had it for a couple of days, (that's the kind of perks you get from being silly. (Jeffhog knows what I'm talking about.tongue.png)) and I just today finished the last few tracks.

Amazing, amazing album! Love every "Sonic Second" of it. 

Just, wow. Over 140 tracks. A stellar job chaps and chapettes!

...Bet you can't break 200 for the next album. Yes. That's a challenge.

Oh, I also shared the news with my Deviantart watchers, (which -last time I checked- was over 400 people)  I hope that helps! wink.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, I'm only a fraction of the way through so far but I can't wait to say it.

This album is fucking magical.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm still listening to the album, just pure greatness! I'm blown away with each track submitted. Fantastic work everyone, especially Vizard, EAR and bmn for obvious reasons!

This was a hell of a collab. I hope everyone is loving the album as much as me, and by the looks of it, they are!

• Thumbs Up 4

So much download failure while trying to get this large album. But then I found a torrent which was much easier. I'll just leave the magnet here.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:82058B73BC2D611B48E90B2FA9F10062984D5369&dn=%5b2013%5d%20The%20Sonic%20Stadium%20Music%20Adventure%202012&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&ws=http%3a%2f%2fmedia.sonicstadium.org%2fMusic%20and%20Soundtracks%2f

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I've got up to Hinchy's Ice Cap Modern mix. This album is good, great, aweso -- okay, it's PERFECT! Every track has me tapping my foot along to the beat. I'll listen to some more of it tomorrow, because for now, sleep~!

Since I contributed I've had it for a few days, but this is still an exciting/relieving moment.  I'm proud to be part of such a huge collaboration that's brimming with passion for being creative.

I've been listening to it on and off, and I'm almost to the end.  Then I'll go back through and try to pick some favorites - though I gotta say, the talent levels are through the roof, so picking faves is gonna be a challenge.

• Thumbs Up 1

So much download failure while trying to get this large album. But then I found a torrent which was much easier. I'll just leave the magnet here.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:82058B73BC2D611B48E90B2FA9F10062984D5369&dn=%5b2013%5d%20The%20Sonic%20Stadium%20Music%20Adventure%202012&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&ws=http%3a%2f%2fmedia.sonicstadium.org%2fMusic%20and%20Soundtracks%2f

It was probably the official torrent that is openly posted on the page ;)

Speaking of the torrent, I assume more than me will seed it for a while? I'm more than happy to seed it for a bit (seen as I'm not doing anything shady =P), but I'm not becoming the only other seed besides TSS itself XP

This looks awesome and I'm downloading it now. I can't wait to hear how everything sounds.

I don't ever seed torrents, but I will for this one for the next few days/week.

• Thumbs Up 1

aaaaaand of course I had to go do stuff the day of...but whatever who cares IT'S FINALLY OUT WHOOOOO </late>

I've already listened to most of these tracks, so I will ATTEMPT to try and pull off what I did last year and make up a Top 10 (or maybe a Top 20).