Awoo.

TSS COMMUNITY RELEASE: The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Finally got some time to listen to all of it. I've got to say a lot of it impressed me and some of it blew my socks off. I need to make a list of my favorite but just off the back I can remember Tactile Snowfall, which made me go hunt down a copy of Robert Miles' Children for old times sake, Empyrean Station, Big Chillin' @ Emerald Coast, which I've been in love with since hearing it on the livecast from february, House with a Vengeance and The Eastern Hemisphere. There are others but those are the right off the top of my head ones that I put on my MP3 player and stuff.

The collaboration was put together very well, and I don't know if anybody else realized that some of the remastering EAR did was fantastic. There are a few tracks I had from the thread that sounded flat compared to these album versions, my tracks included. I have a habit of not using monitor headsets when doing music but with how these sound, I might consider it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Please make this a thing.  Like release 2 discs and that'll be Music Adventure 2013.

Then release Music Adventure & Knuckles.  Obviously all together they make Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2013 Complete.

Each album is one half of a CD. You get given some staples when Music Adventure & Knuckles is released so you can achieve Lock-On technology.

You can also snap older CDs in half and staple them to Music Adventure & Knuckles, but the experience isn't as good.

• Thumbs Up 2

Each album is one half of a CD. You get given some staples when Music Adventure & Knuckles is released so you can achieve Lock-On technology.

You can also snap older CDs in half and staple them to Music Adventure & Knuckles, but the experience isn't as good.

Unconfirmed - Next Album to be released on cassette tape, vinyl, and bonus laser disc.

• Thumbs Up 3

Listened to some of this during my study hall today... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO best study hall ever! I was so absorbed in the music that I barely even noticed the usual "final class draaaaag"

No really, everyone did a SPECTACULAR job on this, and I'm only a fraction of the way through. I look forward to listening to the rest through the week!

• Thumbs Up 5

I hear TSSMA & Knuckles will be totally compatible with 2013 and 2012, but 2011 will give you a 134,217,728 track disc where every song is the same but arranged differently.

If you try to plug in Hedgehog Heaven, Project Chaos or The Sound Of Speed it's just the same track over and over.  =C

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

oh you need no way no way remix yes I'm on it okay sure

Really though, couldn't resist once I found out about the name. Gonna have to redo my draft almost from scratch though, remixing from memory turned out to be a disaster.

Like this post if you want me to make a Mystic Ruins Trance Remix!

what if i said i wanna collab with you on this.

Been too busy to post thoughts lately, time for more!

First Steps ...for Sunset Sierra [Original] - Can of Nothing

Can totally imagine this in a 2D Sonic game for an opening stage!  So uplifting and peppy.

Tempest Travels ...for Tidal Tempest - KatamariParadox

Super pretty and atmospheric version of an already super pretty and atmospheric track.

Home For a Hedgehog ...for South Island - StereoPixel

Haven't got anything huge to say about this, just really liked it.

Lounging in the Clouds ...for Sky Chase - MasterJace

This is a great track, though I admit simply the opening 20 seconds or so are my fave bit, I confess it has a bit of syndrome of "whoa this sounds like it's gonna go into something really cool and original I haven't heard before" - it was sort of gorgeously melancholy at first, but then stupid ole uplifting Sky Chase comes in.  Go away Sonic.  >8U  Still a great mix though.

Flicky's Night Out ...for Star Light - Rexy

At first I was a bit "ehhh" thinking it was too fast paced melody-wise for such a soft remix, then bam the main bit comes in at 19 seconds and I was blown away!  Such a great, flavourful mix the builds and gets more exciting as time goes on.

Blackout at the Carnival ...for Carnival Night - BlitzChris

What a gorgeous Dark Reprise of a theme I could never be imagined possible to make melancholy.

Arctic Rush ...for Ice Cap - Zach Hinchy feat. EXshad

Ice Cap is so overdone but literally the opening seconds told me this would have its own character to it.  Totally awesome mixture of synth and rock.

Interlude ~ The Sound of Rainfall …for Shenmue - Joshua Taipale

Not familiar with Shenmue but this was just really pretty.

Dancing Angels ...for Windy Valley - Urban Flow

Considering how popular Act 3 (a.k.a. Mega Drive Green Grove) is I was so pleased to here this was an Act 1 mix.  It's very light and simple, but just has a lovely simple sound to it that does the original melody great justice.

Shortcuts …for Marble Zone - SuperPsyguy

Much like the above, this is a very minimalistic sound but it is also appealing for its simplicity.

Force of the Ocean ...for Deep Sea ~ A Sonic Robo Blast 2 Tribute - Joshua Taipale

Doesn't stray much from the source but I love the original and this was a great take on it.

Submerged Scurry ...for Aquarium Park - KatamariParadox

Act 4 was just the disc of simplistic but appealing remixes apparently.  Another one that keeps the original 100% recognisable but manages to put an appealing spin on it.

To Spagonia! ...for Tornado Defense - General Offensive

Heavier than I could have ever imagined this being, but still a totally daring and successful remix of an originally very pleasant and soft song.

Find the Computer Room! ...for Cosmic Fall - Rexy

Oh geez this was so great.  The retro style bits were blended with the modern sounding bits perfectly, and the touch of The Chosen One towards the end was genius.

Hedgehog's Ashes ...for Volcano Valley - wOrm

One of my fave tracks from the Mega Drive 3D soundtrack.  This has a great flavour to it that reminded me of some similarly warm sounding horn-driven remixes of Lava Reef I've heard in the past, so it felt perfectly fitting for Volcano Valley.

Depth Cove Suite [Original] - The Symphonic Games

This was super super cool.  Fantastic melody and rich instrumentation.  Argh I wanna play this "Depth Cove" level so bad from listening to it, whether it's a real fangame level or not!

Grime and Vengeance ...for The Ooze - Alien.Renegade

Not familiar with The Ooze, but I noticed and loved all the various little Sonic hints in here, it was a great energetic track.

Desperate Battle In Robotnik's Void of Emptiness ...for Final Fight - Dizcrybe

I've never cared much for the Mega Drive Final Fight theme, but this beefed it up to my tastes perfectly.  It's not a wild remix, more like a upgrade from Mega Drive quality to the Saturn/PC version quality, and it makes all the difference.

Sonic Boom ~Xusky Style - SonikkuXM

Oh boy this was so lovely sounding.  Fantastic vocals, and a really unique personality to the song.  I especially adore the way the chorus was sung.  I'm not a musical person, but however you would describe it, the way you sang "Sonic Boom" "differently" - like, more intensely -  compared to the original (at 1:06/1:17 for example) was eargasmic.

Wave Master Throwback - MasterJace

A song I originally never cared much more but was totally brought to life here.  Awesome.

Badnik Factory Suite [Original] - The Symphonic Games

If someone can direct me to The Symphonic Games' other original works I'd be most grateful, because they/she/he/it are utterly fantastic at catchy melodies, I tell ya.

Night on the Town ...for Blast Town - EAR feat. 2 Gryphon, EXshad & Rexy

A gorgeous slower version of such an energetic song, yet still retaining all said energy of the original.

Hot Head Reef ...for Lava Reef - Gregzilla

A wonderful sense of "interior" and atmosphere to this piece, and the Act 2/Hidden Palace segment later on was just beautiful.  And do I hear a sneaky bit of Donkey Kong Country 2 in there?  I actually only recognised it because of Darangen's gorgeous "Rest Tonight" remix, never played DKC2 lol.  But it fit perfectly here.

Keys the Ruin Modern ...for Pyramid Cave - Marvin Valentin feat. Joshua Taipale

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin, but it's excellently done.

Hedgehog Panic Disco ...for Palmtree Panic Past - Urban Flow/Dizcrybe

A fairly to-the-point remix but just very enjoyable.

Scrolling ...for Bridge Zone - foreversonic

Simple and doesn't overstay its welcome, but is great the whole way through as a result.

Sonorous Discharge ...for Electric Egg - Rexy

Wow what a ton of personality you managed to give this fairly unmemorable track in my opinion.  Has a fantastic secret base vibe to it.

Servers Are the 7 ~ Chaotix Jam Remix ...for Tikal's Prayer - Pulse Titan

Totally raving mix here.  1:50 all the way to the end is just simply gorgeous.

Tenshi no Memori ...for Cosmo - Joshua Taipale

Yay more Sonic X remixes, and one of my fave tracks no less.  I adoooooooooooooooore what you did with the piano to high heaven.  Though I confess I didn't like the latter half.  I feel the gratuitous Japanese voice clips kind of spoiled it.  I dunno what the hell she's saying so it just feels like it intrudes on the emotion.  If it was in English that'd be one thing but uhh... I wouldn't expect the 4kids dub is nearly as emotional as... whatever she's saying.

Musical Hocus Pocus ...for Deep Core - MasterJace

Utterly fantastic remix.  I'm running out of unique things to say about the pumping electronic remixes I love on this album!  I love how driving this despite having much more calm, controlled percussion compared to the original song.

Topsy-Turvy Tower ...for Hang Castle - TrickyWolfy

Aaaaaaaaa I adored this when I first heard it on Youtube months back and I still adore it now.  I totally love to imagine a gorgeous Sonic Generations Modern remake of the level to this, because this would make such a gorgeous stage theme for a full remake mod or something.  Just such a fantastic sound and emotional depth to it that the original did not come close to having.  It was so "fun and games" halloween originally but you made it like, "beautiful autumn castle scenery with swirling moonlit sky" halloween.  ...If that makes sense.

The Eastern Hemisphere ...for Planet Wisp - The Symphonic Games

After Generations' Modern remix of Planet Wisp being so ordinary, this was such a breath of fresh air to hear such an original, and perfectly fitting/executed take on the track.  Love love love it.

• Thumbs Up 5

First Steps ...for Sunset Sierra [Original] - Can of Nothing

Can totally imagine this in a 2D Can of Nothing game for an opening stage!  So uplifting and peppy.

Fixed for 100% accuracy. It was kinda my intention, after all. ;P

CanofNothing: Project Flash (the album from which this track comes from) was previously called a fictional game OST (now trying to generalize it for a... wider audience?), and First Steps is the first stage/track/stuffmonkey in said album.

The whole thing's currently around 75% complete (no guarantees) and for a price of minimum US$4, so...

...uh....

AHHHIWASN'TADVERTISINGONPURPOSEIPROMISEAHHHH

..free download for you?.jkjkidk

• Thumbs Up 1

what if i said i wanna collab with you on this.

I know, I'm just trying to see if the rest approve. *shot*

Anyway, when do you wanna get started on this thing?

WHY WOULD YOU GUYS PUT TWO INTERLUDES ON ONE DISC.  >8C  My listening to Act 7 yesterday was woefully shorter than it should have been because I've been using the interludes to divide up my playlists and therefore thought Act 7 ended at the Sand Oasis remix!

But no really you had one disc without an Interlude at the end, why just plonk two on Act 7.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

WHY WOULD YOU GUYS PUT TWO INTERLUDES ON ONE DISC.  >8C  My listening to Act 7 yesterday was woefully shorter than it should have been because I've been using the interludes to divide up my playlists and therefore thought Act 7 ended at the Sand Oasis remix!

But no really you had one disc without an Interlude at the end, why just plonk two on Act 7.

Jeff must have thought Gate of Your Dreams and Launching the Empire were too boss and are enough to be a disk on themselves....

Okay, no. Yeah, I just realised wow. :I 

But there'd be an extra interlude anyway. Wave Master Throwback is the album break so it's pretty much an interlude by itself yeaah.

I really like this. It's awesome.

I love it how on the website itself a alternate player comes up instead of having me to get taken to a different link in my browser.

I hope I can take part in This year's.

...there WILL be one for this year, ...right?

Edited by AzureHedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Huh, Act 7 had 2 interludes?

Funny, Viz told me that my last-minute Star-Pac coincidentally sealed off the number of interludes perfectly...

Never noticed that, myself.

Edited by Hedgehog Wright (CoN)

As a random suggestion, not to stifle creativity, but I think next year an idea for the album art would be to have the logo and fonting somewhat more consistent across the discs.  Makes it all feel like more of a complete package, and that brief moment of readjusting your eyes for each tracklist when browsing through is a pain.

Only got one more disc to listen to here, so should have my final list of favourites up in the next day or two.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Excuse the bump, my final thoughts:

Hedgehogs' Lullaby - TrickyWolfy
Just love TrickyWolfy's style.  Your ability to capture and remake the moments in songs that so easily lend themselves to melancholy versions is outstanding.

Project K - YOUR KNIFE FEELS SO RIGHT …for Yakuza: Black Panther - FreeninGreen
Not familiar with Yakuza, this was just super cool.

To the Heart of the Egg ...for Death Egg MKII - SonicHyuga
Quite a simple, almost midi-ish remix, but your choice of instruments gave a fresh "epic" flavour to an already epic track.

Capricious Colony ...for Crazy Gadget - Rexeljet
Very pumping and cool with some neat retro effects.

Aviated Spirit ...for E-102 Gamma - Rexy
This track leant itself so well to a dramatic piano version.

Across the Sea of Clouds ...for Sky Troops - Zach Hinchy feat. EXshad
Heard this plenty in footage of the Sky Troops Gens mod.  Utterly fantastic work, really feels like something official.  (I admit, re: the Oil Desert mix I am among the party who find it controversial.  It's an awesome remix but it doesn't feel like something the official sound team would ever produce, like this does).

Lost in the Sunset [Original] - Marvin Valentin
This kind of reminds me of a cross between Black Knight's soundtrack and the desert stage from Sonic Robo Blast 2.  Very nice.

A Starry Night At the Disco ~ A Sonic Megamix Tribute - The Symphonic Games
These Symphonic Games people (person?) I keep praising the whole album remixes literally the best original community Sonic track ever made.  I think that description should make it clear how much I enjoyed this.

Metal Mettle ...for Collision Chaos - sonicsneakers
Not much to say, just enjoyed it.  Very chill mix.

Underwater Maze Escape ...for Lost Labyrinth - General Offensive feat. Joshua Taipale
Liked this way more than I thought I would at first.  Couldn't imagine Senoue-style rock working for this track but it really did.  I loved the guitar solo segment and throwing in a bit of Act 1 was great too.

House with a Vengeance ...for Techno Terminal [Original] - KatamariParadox
This is really nice, though I admit not very "Sonic-y" to me.  As much as I like it, would it be weirdly specific of me to say it sounds like something I'd hear in a Rayman game?  Lol.

Flickies ...for Panic Puppet - forever sonic
Oh man I adore the plucking electric guitar... whatever you call it, that you used for the main melody here.  Such a pleasing sound.

The Mystic Park ...for Aquarium Park & Mystic Mansion - TrickyWolfy
This was an unorthodox but gorgeously done remix of two very different tracks.

Soulless Concrete …for Scrap Brain - SuperPsyguy
Very straightforward but rich remix, great sense of atmosphere.

Not Those Kind of Chips ...for Bingo Highway - Rexeljet
I've always kind of "nothing"'d this song, but I adore what you did with it.  The melody you added over the top at 0:29-ish onwards... I feel like I recognise it but can't put my finger on it!  Anyway this is great.

Heroes In The Sky …for Sky Fortress - StereoPixel
Takes the original track and gives it such a sensation of "oomph".  Brilliant stuff.

Wrapped in Black ~ Gregzilla Mix ...for Exception - Gregzilla
Love all the extra little touches of melody you added, both original and referencial stuff like Right There, Ride On.

Chaos Intervention ...for End of the World - Rexy
Oh boy Rexy as if you hadn't already done enough awesomeness on this album.  What a fantastic journey of a song.  I love the original and you expanded it awesomely.  The usage of voice clips is done super tastefully as well, never came off as cheesy.  The biggest highlights for me personally was the section of Flame Core starting at 2:14.  Like damn this coulda just been its own Flame Core remix and I'd have been happy!  That's my fave track from the game and you inserted it into the tense melancholy of End of the World flawlessly.  So good.  I also love how you made Act 3 kinda sad sounding, whereas originally it was just fairly emotionless.  Also adore the transition into Act 4 at 3:44.    The "Duh-nuh-nuuuh", love it.  The 4:25ish dubstep was super cool too.  Next segment I love would be Act 5 - you kept the "starting to get a bit more dramatic/sad" feeling but put this amazingly unexpected jazzy touch on it, AND combined it with Wave Ocean no less.  Argh I can't gush about this track enough, it's just awesome.

Aquatic Base is Mine - Aptiva
Heard this a while back before it was part of TSSMA, but damn what a perfect combination.  Just fits so perfectly.  The little Stardust Speedway moment towards the end is out of nowhere but blends perfectly somehow.

SEGA Medley Madness - wOrm
I can name a lot of these, can't name many more, and there are a fair few I'm SURE I know but just can't figure out - serious request, does anyone have a list of every song here because some are killing me, like, on the tip of my musical tongue.  Fantastic set and a great nostalgic sound to the instrumentation.

For the Greater Good ...for Nonaggression - MasterJace
One of my fave final boss tracks and this was an AWESOME take on it.  My fave bit is just the way each part of the track is introduced.  The dramatic opening is so cool... then when the percussion comes in it's so cool again... then when the choir comes back again with the percussion it's so cool AGAIN... then when the actual melody starts it's so cool YET AGAIN.  Brilliant.

Barbara is a Wicked Bomber ...for Unknown - EAR
Another one which kinda feels like more of an "upgrade in oomph" to the original.  This is one of the cooler final boss themes in the series, and is even cooler here.

Shattered Departure - VizardJeffhog
Oh boy, so pretty.  This theme is a major part of my childhood, and you did it great justice.  The touch of Mission Street at the end was sublime and fitting due to this track's close relationship to Tails as a character too.

Reaching For Stars - Wolfblur
Ah what a lovely way to close the album (sans the "proper" postlude).  Just can't not get happy with this song, especially with such a friendly vibe to it as this.  It's hopeful and magical like the original yet cosy and relaxing like sitting in a favourite coffee shop in music form.

Postlude ~ A Cast To Remember - MasterJace
Sonic 3 Credits is a perfect choice to truly end the album on.  Uplifting but with a sense of "not truly the end" to it.  This is a great, clean mix with a very original and unique sound.

Overall my utterly favourite tracks above the rest would be:

Unstability ...for Exterior Crater - MasterJace

Empyrean Station ...for Flying Battery - General Offensive

Find the Computer Room! ...for Cosmic Fall - Rexy

Depth Cove Suite [Original] - The Symphonic Games

Sonic Boom ~ Xusky Style - SonikkuXM

Hot Head Reef ...for Lava Reef - Gregzilla

Tenshi no Memori ...for Cosmo - Joshua Taipale [...Though still would love a version without voiceover lol sorry Q_Q]

Musical Hocus Pocus ...for Deep Core - MasterJace

Topsy-Turvy Tower ...for Hang Castle - TrickyWolfy

Chaos Intervention ...for End of the World - Rexy

Aquatic Base is Mine - Freen In Green

For the Greater Good ...for Nonaggression - MasterJace

Shattered Departure - VizardJeffhog

Awesome job everyone.

• Thumbs Up 9

The songs on the medley are:

1) An original opening.

2) Awaken from Gain Ground

3) Flying Battery Zone from Sonic & Knuckles

4) Boss Fight from E-SWAT

5) Hydrocity Zone from Sonic 3

6) Shooting Ristar from Ristar

7) Opa-Opa! from Fantasy Zone

8) Exercise Mode from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine OR Sticker of Puyo Puyo from Puyo Puyo

9) Use Your Head/Living on a Landmine from Earthworm Jim

Edited by wOrm
  • Thumbs Up 4

Disk 1 to 4 are all available on the page, really sorry for the great delay. 

By the time the month ends, I'll have the whole album up, my internet is bad D: 

*goes back to uploading disk 5*

Just wanted to respond to JezMM here regarding the End of the World remix. Did you notice the mini-remix of All Hail Shadow towards the beginning of Shadow's section of the song? Gave me a little chill each time I've played the song, it was brilliant.

Edited by Burnt Ash
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, the other day I had the craziest idea while listening to the album. What if certain tracks are chosen as singles in order to promote the album?

Like actually trying to come up with a video, whether is someone doing animation, watching the artist composing or playing the music with game footage here and there.

I mean a lot of things can be done if the team decides going forward with this idea.

• Thumbs Up 2

people seeing me music would be funny.

"This is my VST. I have like 3 VSTs only but my music is okay."

*spends 30 minutes doing random stuff*

"Okay, yeah I think that's enough bye."

XD Seriously though, I like that idea! I might give it a shot if it turns out to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1